Its inhabitants is called Beaumontais.
GeographyIt is partly on the territory of this commune that is established the Plant reprocessing of La Hague, factory which reprocesses the Nuclear waste French and those of many countries.
HistoryThe stronghold belonged to the family of Argouges. Jeanne de France gives in 1505 this ground to the family Jallot, anoblie in 1479.
The reference to the country " Hague" in December 1991 is officialized, but it was used for a long time.
Places and monuments
- parochial church: Nave and chorus of the 15th century, increased at the 18th century (lengthening of the nave, Bell-tower - porch). Lying of a Lord of Beaumont.
- Castle of Beaumont: remain gone back to 1597, partly destroyed in 1944 - restored since.
- La Hague-Dick: work strengthened barring the point of the La Hague.
Personalities related to the commune
|Random links:||Route European 51 | Saint-Méloir-of-wood | Dam Karaova | Saint-Aignan-on-Ry | Blue library | Microsoft_Excel|