The inhabitants are called the Bazochéens . __TOC
GeographyThe commune of Bazoches-on-Guyonne extends in a zone from slopes in north from the main forest from Rambouillet. It is bordering on the Tremblay-on-Mauldre in the east, Saint-Rémy-the Honore in south-east, on the Mesnuls in the south, Montfort-l' Amaury in south-west, on Méré to the west-north-west on approximately 600 m, on Mareil-le-Guyon in north and Neauphle-the-Old man on hardly 100 m, with the extremity of a kind of point of territory inserted between Mareil and Tremblay.
It is sprinkled by Guyonne, a small river tributary of the Mauldre.
The secondary road 13 crosses the commune of is in west, driving Tremblay-on-Mauldre with Montfort-l' Amaury. The secondary road 23 coming from Jouars-Pontchartrain finishes with the junction with the preceding one at the entry is village.
In the railway plan, the station the SNCF nearest is the Gare of Montfort-l' Amaury - Mother.
The name of “Bazoches” comes from the Latin , basilica , basilica, covered public edifice where the justice went and which was also used as purse, of place of trade. In French, the word basoche exists which indicated an association of clerks of prosecutors of the Parliament of big cities and whose etymology is the same one.
The site was inhabited with the Neolithic as the presence of a Dolmen attests it.
- Saint Martin's day Church: church of XIIe century
- House of Jean Monnet, remains with thatched roof of the XXe century transformed into museum. It is located in the hamlet of Houjarray . Jean Monnet lived there of 1945 with his death in 1979.
- Maison Square: villa of modern architecture completed in 1959 by the Finnish architect Alvar Aalto for Square Louis, collector and galerist French. This villa, classified historic building on July 5th, 1996, was acquired in 2006 by the foundation Alvar Aalto of Finland which opens it to the public since the summer 2007, to see photographs on the site external quoted low.
Personalities related to the commune
- Jean Monnet (1888-1979), French statesman which lived there of 1945 with its death.
- Square Louis
- Georgius (1881-1970), French singer of varieties is deceased there.
- Vanessa Paradis
- Pierre Viansson-Ponté
- Brigitte Bardot
- Common residential
|Random links:||Declaration of the United Nations | Drive out in altitude | General association of the Students Inhabitant of Li2ege | Senatorial elections of the United States of America of 2006 | Banu Qays | Eaton,_Indiana|