Batalla de Adwa
The March 29th is the 88e Jour of the Année (89e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
Sign of the zodiac: 7th day of the Ram
502 : Lyon: The King of Burgondes Gondebaud publishes a Code of laws (“Loi Gombette”) which subjects Romains and Burgondes to the same laws. After the Salic law (Frank), the code of Euric (Visigoths), it is the third barbarian people to fix his laws in writings.
1170 : The Pape Alexandre III writes with the archbishop of Rheims Henri Ier de France, brother of the King de France Louis VII, it to request to protect the monks from the Abbaye Saint Crow of Compiegne against the encroachments of their enemies, the middle-class men of Compiegne, the abbot of Saint Memmie de Chalons on the Marne and finally the lord of the Tournelle by threatening them of Excommunication.
1629 : Germany: a edict of restitution stipulates that all the ecclesiastical goods secularized since the Paix of Augsburg (1555) must be returned to the Catholic church. This initiative will maintain the hostilities in the country until in 1648.
- Paris: Wanting “ to tear off the heart of French youth ”, Jules Ferry engages the fight against the religious congregations. A first decree forces the Jésuites to evacuate the schools from here in three months. A second (March 30th) not invites the companies - authorized to regularize their situation within the same time. The application of its decrees leads to the dispersion of five thousand congreganists.
- the captain Gallieni arrives at Bafoulabé, with the Mali, where it obtains a treaty with the local leaders and establishes a Protectorat.
1896 : The lieutenant colonel Esterhazy is identified like traitor with the French nation. He at the origin of the escapes of which has is made responsible the captain Dreyfus, condemned to the bagne.
1901 : Vote by the deputies of famous the Loi of 1901 which governed the operation of associations. (coming into effect on July 1st)
1918 : Drawn from one hundred kilometers Paris by German artillery, a shell of the Grosse Bertha reaches the Saint-Gervais church; the vault collapses and quatre-vingt-onze faithful is killed, at the time of the office of the Good Friday.
1955 : Engine BB9004, of the SNCF, increases the world speed records on rail to 331 km/h.
1967 : Launching with Cherbourg of the first French nuclear submarine “ Frightening the ”.
1971 : in California, Charles Manson and his devoted henchmen are condemned to died for seven murders, made in the actress Sharon Tate and the LaBianca husbands, at the summer of 1969; the sorrows will be commuted to life imprisonment.
1972 : The Bolivian government expels 119 members of the embassy of the Soviet Union, shown to support the Guérilla financially.
1974 : A Chinese peasant updates under the plowshare of his plow the fabulous tomb of the First Chinese Emperor.
- Jean-Marie Villemin kills her cousin, Bernard Laroche, accused of the assassination of his/her son Grégory.
- Madonna makes her beginnings with the cinema in the film Desperately Seeking Susan (Research Susan Désespèrement).
- 1988 :
- Amadou Toumani Touré founds with the Mali a mode of “Democratic transition” and takes to the presidency of the “Committee of Transition for Safety from the People” (CTSP).
- Diego Maradona is declared positive with the Cocaïne during a control antidopage carried out within the framework of the championship of Italian football.
- Jean-Christophe Douls presents a rivet washer 4,40 m length.
- distilling Janot exposes 2 bottles 2 cm height, painted with the hand and filled of Pastis using a Seringue.
- the Research center on the Cancer of Heidelberg, in Germany, diffuses on line on Internet the first Cyber Surgical operation (an operation of the knee). 60.000 people assisted to with it via Internet.
- with the Canada, Nicolas Vanier makes a success of the crossing in sledge of the Canadian Far North (8 600 km) in hundred days.
- UGC lance a season ticket unlimited for its cinemas, initiative which will be imitated by its competitors during the year, after contentions with the public authorities.
- the group Danone announces the nearest closing of the two factories LU of Calais and Évry within the framework of a restructuring plan of its branch cookies in Europe.
- George W. Bush confirms that the the United States will not ratify the Protocole of Kyoto concerning the rejections of Gaz to greenhouse effect.
- the Cargo liner Tern enters in collision with the Baltic Carrier in the Baltic. 2.700 tons of heavy fuel are then poured at sea. To consult the CEDAR
- Within the framework of an antiterrorist immense operation in the West Bank, the seat of the Palestinian Autorité with Ramallah is for the first time, taken under the heavy shootings of the Israeli tanks.
- a young Palestinian makes jump the explosives that it carried, at the entry of a supermarket in the popular quarters of Kiryat Yovel in the south-east of Jerusalem killing 3 people.
- After being itself attacked with a hostess, his wife, to a passer by, Didier Morville, said JoeyStarr is condemned for ill treatment on an animal after being itself taken about it with a monkey in a cage. 750 Euros of infringment + 9.000 Euros for detention because the animal (a monkey Nest egg) is protected, 1.000 Euro of damages and 400 Euros for the expenses of lawsuit.
- the singer of Black Desire Bertrand Cantat, recognized guilty of the murder of his/her partner Marie Trintignant, is condemned to eight years of prison by the court of Vilnius.
- At the time of an official ceremony, seven countries of the ex- communist Europe (Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia) joins the NATO which counts from now on 26 Member States.
- a bottle filled with Acid sulphuric is thrown in the college Joliot-Curie of Stains, France.
- 1432: Mehmet II the Conqueror, Turkish sultan († May 3rd 1481, 49 years)
- 1749: Jean-Pierre-Maurice de Rochon, general French († NC)
- 1769: Nicolas Jean-of-God Soult, marshal of French Empire, duke of Dalmatie, Prime Minister under Louis-Philippe († November 26th 1851, 82 years)
- 1790: John Tyler, American statesman, 10th president of the the United States of 1841 with 1845 († January 18th 1862, 71 years)
- 1854: Emile Basly, trade unionist and politician French († February 11th 1928, 74 years)
- 1864: Henri Lutz, Type-setter French. († 1928).
- 1873 : Tullio Levi-Civita, Italian mathematician († December 29th 1941, 68 years)
- 1880: Walter Edouard Guinness, Lord Moyne, Politicking British.
- 1896 : Wilhelm Ackermann, German mathematician († December 24th 1962, 66 years)
- 1899: Lavrenti Beria, president of NKVD († December 23rd 1953, 54 years)
- 1902: Marcel Aymé, writer French († October 14th 1967, 65 years)
- 1915: Kenneth Arnold, American aviator († January 16th 1984)
- 1923: Andre Courrèges, dressmaker
- 1930: Anerood Jugnauth, politician Mauritian
- 1931: Alexeï Goubarev, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1939: Terence Hill, Italian actor.
- 1942 : Yves To disavow, French actor
- Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou known as Vangelis, type-setter and Greek musician
- Eric Idle, actor, scenario writer and realizer English, former member of the Monty Python
- 1945: Simon Renucci, Political man French
- 1947: Alexander Viktorenko, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1965: William Oefelein, American astronaut
- 1967: Nathalie Cardone, French singer
- 1976: Jennifer Capriati, American player of tennis
- 1368: Go-Murakami, emperor of Japan (° 1328, 40 years)
- 1519: François II of Mantoue, noble Italian, marquis de Mantoue (° August 10th 1466, 52 years)
- 1578: Louis of Lorraine, cardinal French (° October 21st 1527, 50 years)
- 1772: Emanuel Swedenborg, philosopher and mathematician Swedish (° January 29th 1688, 84 years)
- 1792: Gustave III of Sweden, king de Suède (° January 24th 1746, 46 years)
- 1800: Marquis de Montalembert, writer and military engineer French (° January 16th 1714, 86 years)
- 1818: Alexandre Pétion, president of the Republic, with the capacity in the south of Haiti (° April 2nd 1770, 57 years)
- 1847: Emmanuel de Grouchy, Marshal of Empire French (° October 23rd 1766, 80 years)
- 1855: Henri Druey, federal adviser of Switzerland (° April 12th 1799, 55 years)
- 1888: Charles-Valentine Alkan, pianist and type-setter French (° November 30th 1813, 74 years)
- 1891: Georges Seurat, French painter (° December 2nd 1859, 31 years)
- 1912: John Gerrard Keulemans, painter and Illustrator Dutch (° June 8th 1842, 69 years)
- 1912: Robert Falcon Scott, British explorer (° June 6th 1868, 55 years)
- 1937: Karol Szymanowski, Polish type-setter (° November 6th 1882, 54 years)
- 1959: Barthelemy Boganda, Prime Minister for the Central African Republic (° April 4th 1910, 48 years)
- 1982: Carl Orff, German type-setter (° July 10th 1895, 86 years)
- 1985: Sister Smile ( Jeanine Deckers ), Belgian singer (° October 17th 1933, 51 years)
- 1988: Dulcie September, South-African, militant personality of ANC (° August 20th 1935, 53 years) assassinated in Paris
- 1989: Bernard Blier, French actor (° January 11th 1916, 73 years)
- 1992: Paul Henreid, Austrian actor (° January 10th 1908, 84 years)
- 1994: Paul Grimault, French realizer of cartoon films (° March 23rd 1905, 89 years)
- 1997: Roger Rock, industrialist and leader of football, in particular of the ADZE between 1961 and 1981 (° February 6th 1920, 77 years)
- 2001: John Lewis, pianist of American jazz (° May 3rd 1920, 80 years)
- 2005: Michel Grisolia, novelist, scenario writer, journalist, critical literary and lyric writer. (° August 18th 1948)
- 2006: Gilles Trip hammer, French politician (° August 8th 1916, 79 years)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Armogaste and Sature († 457), martyrs in Africa with not named companions.
- Cyrille d' Héliopolis († 364), companion of martyr of Holy Marc d' Aréthuse
- Eustathe de Bithynie (9th century),
- Firmin de Viviers (), bishop.
- Gwynllyw and Gladys or Gondèle and Gladuse (5th century), husbands princely with the Wales, parents of Holy Cadoc.
- Jonas and Barachise († towards 327) and their nine companions martyrs in Persian.
- Holy Lassar (alternatives: Lasar , Will weary )
- Ludolphe bishop.
- Marc d' Aréthuse († 364), bishop in Syria, martyr.
- Pasteur and Victorin de Nicomédie, 5 companions not named.
- Second of Silk
Beats-smg: Kuova 29 Be-X-old: 29 сакавіка Fiu-vro: 29. urbõkuu päiv Nds-nl: 29 meert Simple: March 29 Zh-yue: 3 月 29 號
|Random links:||Columna | Dragon (constellation) | Freetown | Park St Marys | Catering | Waxed Dia|