Barbara Bel Geddes
She is especially known for her role of Miss Ellie in the television serial Dallas .
Girl of a industrial Architect, Beautiful Norman Geddes, it begins with the Théâtre with old 18 years. In 1952, it receives the prestigious price of the Woman of the year decrees by Hasty Pudding Theatricals the USA , the oldest American company of theater. Its two greater roles on scene are that of Maggie in the She-cat on an extreme roof of Tennessee Williams with Broadway in 1956, and its role of Jean Kerr in the comedy Mary, Mary in 1961, both being worth to him nominations with the Tony Awards.
Its career with the Cinéma begins in 1947 when it gives the spotting to Henry Fonda in The Long Night . It obtains a nomination with the Oscar of the female best supporting role for I Remember Mama (1948). However, a staggering health and an investigation of the committee of the anti-American activities put (temporarily) a term at its career.
Its career starts again when Alfred Hitchcock proposes to him roles in 4 episodes of the televised series Alfred Hitchcock presents (whose the inspector sits down at table ( Lamb off the Slaughter ), the first episode, in which she interprets an housewife which kills her husband by striking it with a thigh of lamb that she then makes eat with the police officers charged to inquire) and a big role in the film Cold sweats (1958) where she is the partner of James Stewart.
She marries Carl Schreuer in 1944, of which she has a girl, Susan. They divorce in 1951, and she marries the same year the realizer Windsor Lewis. She moves away from the plates in 1966 to deal with her suffering husband, who dies of cancer in 1972.
In 1978, with money court, it auditions for the role of Miss Ellie , the matriarche of the Ewing clan for the new television serial Dallas diffused in premium time on CBS. It obtains the role which makes it famous near the general public, and which it interprets until in 1990, being worth several rewards to him. In March 1984, an heart attack obliges it to make a pause, it is replaced during the season 1984-1985 by Donna Reed.
It is also the author of two books for children: I Like to Be Me ( I like to be me ) (1963) and So Do I ( Me also ) (1972).
Catalog of films
- 1947 : The Long Night : OJ Ann
- 1948: I Remember Mama : Katrin Hanson
- 1948 : red Sky ( Blood one the Moon ): Amy Lufton
- 1949 : Caught : Leonora Eames
- 1950 : Panic grass in the Streets : Nancy Reed
- 1951: Fourteen Hours : Virginia Foster
- 1958: Cold sweats ( Vertigo ): Marjorie Wood (Midge)
- 1959: Millionaire of five pennies ( The Five Pennies ): Bobbie Meredith
- 1960 : Five marked women ( 5 Branded Women ): Marja
- 1961 : By the love had ( By Love Possessed ): Clarissa Winner
- 1971 : Summertree : Ruth
- 1971 : The Todd Killings : Mrs. Todd
- 1977: Our Town (TV): Mrs. Webb
- 1978: Dallas (serial TV): Eleanor Southworth Ewing Farlow #1 (Ellie Miss) (1978-1990)
Rewards and Nominations
- 1980 : Emmy Award of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas .
- 1982: Golden Globe of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas (equal with Linda Evans for Dynasty ).
- 1949 : Nomination with the Oscar of the female best supporting role for I Remember Mama .
- 1979: Nomination in Emmy Award of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas .
- 1980: Nomination with the Golden Globe of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas .
- 1981: Nomination in Emmy Award of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas .
- 1981: Nomination with the Golden Globe of the best actress in a dramatic serial for Dallas .
- It played the part of Maggie the She-cat in the version of origin of the She-cat on an extreme roof in Broadway. Elizabeth Taylor took again this role with the cinema in 1958.
- Card IMDB
|Random links:||Épistaxis | Molière of the director | Prokom Trefl Sopot | Jean-Nicolas Jitter | Of arte venandi cum avibus | De_Justin_à_Kelly|