HistoryThe commune of Babeau-Bouldoux was born in 1921 from fusion from two villages located at less than one kilometer one from the other: Babeau, where the town hall is, and Bouldoux on the brook of Ilouvre which, downstream, joined the Vernazobres (the river which sprinkles Saint-Chinian).
Between 1965 and 2005, the landscape of Babeau-Bouldoux radically changed, for two reasons:
the Vignes were spaced, and sometimes same changed orientation, to allow the use of material wine instead of the traditional manual Vendanges.
the use of the horses having disappeared, the meadows where one carried out to feed those are turned over to the Friche fault of maintenance, except for those which were built. A process of forestation is set up little by little in a natural way.
On the sociological level, the coffee of the village which placed at the disposal its television set disappeared, each one being now equipped at his place. Also disappeared marshal-shoeing it and the furnace from the baker that each one could use in the course of the day.
One also notices over these thirty years a major reduction in flow of the Vernazobres, which crosses the commune.
Places and monuments
- A church the pre-Romance period with Midsummer's Day d' Orte , in ruins.
- Mill S in ruins along the brook of Ilouvre.
- A vault and an old cross in the hamlet isolated from Cauduro close to the commune of Pardailhan.
Personalities related to the commune
|Random links:||Castex (Gers) | Bhanubhakta Acharya | Alexia Rhodos | Teramo Calcio | Corsican territorial collectivity | Aimé_Bonpland|