BBC One (formerly called BBC 1 ) is a Television channel British general practitioner.
History of the chainBBC One is the principal television channel of the British Broadcasting Corporation. The BBC began its tests of transmission and diffusion televised experimental as of 1929, which makes of it the oldest television broadcast station in the world. The regular emissions of BBC Television Service begin the November 2nd 1936. Following the creation of BBC 2 in 1964, the chain is renamed BBC 1 . It is called BBC One since October 4th 1997.
The station had a total monopoly on television with the the United Kingdom until the arrival of ITV in 1955. It emitted in 405 lines black VHF and white of 1936 with 1983, mainly bandages I (41-68 MHz), and is diffused of it in 625 lines color STAKE in analogical UHF since 1969, and, more recently, in the bouquet free TNT British Freeview.
ProgrammingBBC One has programming more " large public" that the station BBC Two and generally obtains higher audiences, competing with directly ITV1 for the chain most looked with the the United Kingdom. The chain diffuses programs and emission of sport, of topicality, programs for children, televised series, films and documentary. The regional current events follow national information, in particular the Six O' Clock News is followed at 18:30 by half an hour the regional current events. The programs which meet a large success on BBC Two, such as for example the emissions Match off the Day or Have I Got News For You , are transferred on BBC One. Contrary, the programs which decline in term of popularity, or which see their audience dropping, can be transferred on BBC Two. For example, Signal off the Pops , musical program historical changed chain after being diffused during 41 years on BBC One.
the most looked at Programs:
- Picture Page (1936-39; 1946-52) - Magazine
- Like Dance hall (1949-95) -
- Panorama (1953-) - Topicality
- Quatermass (1953; 1955; 1958-59) - Science fiction
- The Grove Family (1954-57) - Soap operated
- Dixon off Dock Green (1955-76) - detective series
- The Sky At Night (1957-) - Emission of astronomy
- Grandstand (1958-2007) - Magazine of sports
- Blue Peter (1958-) - Magazine for child
- Steptoe and Its (1962-74) - Comedy
- Z-Bus (1962-78) - detective series
- Doctor Who (1963-89; 1996; 2005-) - Televised series of science fiction
- Signal off the Pops (1964-2005) - Musical program
- Match off the Day (1966-) - Emission of football
- The Morecambe and Wise Show (1968-78)
- Monty Python' S Flying Circus (1969-74) - Sketch
- Play for Today (1970-84) -
- Barn Hill (1978-) -
- Question Time (1979-) - Political debate
- Only Fools and Horses (1981-2003) - Comedy
- EastEnders (1985-) - Soap operated
- Casualty (1986-) -
- One Foot in the Grave (1990-2000) - Comedy
- Jonathan Creek (1997-) -
- Spooks (2002-) -
- Life one Mars (2006-2007) detective series
|Random links:||William Walsh | Gustave Lefrançais | Sibratsgfäll | Line of bus the RATP 207 | Morceaux|