Bénédictines of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre
The name of the congregation of the Bénédictines of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre is sometimes shortened BSCM .
History of the Congregation
- 1872 : Adele Garnier, teacher in a distance castle in province, reads an article speaking about construction project of future the Basilique of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre and hears then on behalf of God: " It is there that I want you! "
1898 : the received mission is achieved: its religious community, born for the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre, is set up canonically by the Église.
1970 with 1978: the development of the Congregation brings the construction of the priory of Béthanie to Blaru in the Yvelines and the foundation of the priories of Notre-Dame de Marienthalen Alsace (common of Haguenau) and of Notre-Dame of Laghet in the the Alpes-Maritimes.
From 1973: the Marie-Joseph Father Guillou O. p enters in major communion with the values of the congregation, and helps the General Chapter to structure théologiquement and spiritually the constitutions, approved by Rome in 1983.
Geographical presence in 2005The letter (H) indicates the presence of a Hotel trade held by Bénédictines.
- Priory Marie-Joseph with the sanctuary of Ars
- 06/the Trinity
- Priory Notre-Dame de Laghet (H)
- Holy Priory Martin, close to the basilica Saint Martin (H)
- Priory Notre-Dame de Marienthal, close to the basilica (H)
- Holy Priory Benoit (H) with Montmartre, close to the Holy basilica
- Priory Scholastique (Head office and noviciate) with Montmartre, close to basilica
- Priory of the Sacred Heart with Montmartre, close to the basilica (H)
- Notre-Dame Priory of the Victories, close to the basilica Our-Lady-of-Victories
- Priory of Béthanie (H)
- 83/Plan-with Aups-Holy-Balsam
- Priory Holy-Catherine of His, close to the hotel trade of Holy the Balsam (H)
Missiona constant search for God in a monastic life…
The monastic life of Bénédictines of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre is defined as a ceaseless conversion and is expressed by the poverty, vows of chastity and obedience. They wish being in the middle of the Mystery of Christ a sign of the plenitude of life and holiness of the Church, and to devote itself to the growth of the Kingdom and for this reason to be transfigured in all their being by the charity of Christ.
… associated with an apostolic life
The vocation of Bénédictines of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre to the apostolic life spouts out of their monastic life: the spiritual and material animation of the places of prayer. Their priories translate the need for our contemporaries to be found in silence, the prayer, the spiritual resourcing and the fraternal meeting. Often carrying heavy problems, they hope for comfort and answer to their need for absolute. They can, if they want it, find an accompaniment spiritual; particularly the young people who often seek the direction of their life.
- official site of the congregation of Bénédictines of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre
official site Notre Dame de Marienthal
|Random links:||Terminology of the jazz | Emberiza | Tarzanide | Hemianopsy | Brionneau (brook) | Steve_Bruce|