See also: Beigbeder
Frederic Beigbeder was born with Neuilly-sur-Seine in 1965 but Béarnais on behalf of his paternal family. It is a personality of the Parisian nights: old Advertizing, Critical arts person, author and editor.
He likes the light provocation as much as self-criticism. Its origins are rather easy: his/her mother Christine de Chasteigner is translator of novels (such those of Barbara Cartland) and his/her father Jean-Michel Beigbeder is headhunter. His/her brother, Charles, are the founder of the company of broking in line Selftrade then of Poweo. He is the cofounder of the Caca' S Club. He is also a large friend of Alexia Lardon.
He follows his schooling in the colleges Louis-the-Large Montaigne and . Graduate of the Institute of political studies of Paris, it shortens his studies by a in Marketing publicity with the Celsa. He becomes then Originator-writer in a great advertizing agency, Young and Rubicam, not without collaborating like literary criticism in the magazines It , Paris Match , Voici or VSD . He forms also part of the team of literary criticisms of the emission the Mask and the Feather . He is laid off from Young and Rubicam shortly after the publication of his novel 99 francs since D-heading 14,99 euros then 6,20 euros (380 000 sold specimens), which pins them through Publicité. Two years before the publication, Marc Gendron had published in November 1998 at XYZ Titer to follow , which covers exactly same subject in the same way (some spoke about plagiarism). Meanwhile, it does not delay to have its own literary emission, Of the books and me , on Paris Première before trying the adventure Canal+. With 300.000 televiewers on average, the Hypershow is merry is delirious, animated with Jonathan Lambert, Sabine Crossen and Henda. It is not enough to convince the leaders and the advertisers of the chain to continue a long time this adventure, which did not meet its public.
In January 2003, Flammarion proposes with the writer to pass on other side of the mirror and to become editor. The first novel which it chooses calls a fever impossible to negotiate of Lola Lafon, on its engagement alter-mondialist and its membership of the group Anarchiste of the “Black Bloc S”. Since, it published approximately 25 pounds for the account of Flammarion, whose Pierre Mérot, Ann Scott, Paul Jimenes, Christophe Ferré, but lost Michel Houellebecq left to Fayard. The adventure stops during the summer 2006, date on which it leaves its functions within Flammarion.
Beigbeder appreciates the insane stories, which put in scene of the heroes who resemble to him: disturbed, cocaine addicts, in full questioning. He praises himself to spend “200.000 francs in Coca-Cola and girls per week”.
Its novel Windows one the world , which is held in the twin towers of the World Trade Center during the attacks of the September 11th, 2001, took down the Interallied Prix 2003, must be adapted for the cinema by the Anglo-French realizer max Pugh, and its translation (by Frank Wynne) was rewarded for the Independent Foreign Fiction Award 2005.
It chairs the jury of the Prix of Flora, which it founded in 1994. It also created the Prix Sade, in 2001, with Lionel Aracil.
Between September 2005 and May 2007, he was chronicler for the daily program of Canal+ the Large Newspaper , presented by Michel Denisot like for the Parisian magazine Technikart . He is also stimulating emission of critics cinema the Circle on Canal+ Cinema.
The satirical novel 99 francs was adapted to the cinema and left on September 26th, 2007 film, carried out by Jan Kounen, puts in scene Jean Dujardin playing the part of Octave, autobiographical protagonist. The advertizing executive there also plays a small role and actively took part in turning.
- 1990 : Memory of an young man disturbed , Roundtable
- 1994: Holidays in the coma , Grasset
- 1997: the love lasts three years , Grasset
- 2000: 99 francs (14,99 euro) (6,20 euro) , Grasset
- 2003: Windows one the world , Grasset, which accepted the Interallied Prix 2003
- 2005: the romantic egoist , Grasset
- 2007: With the help forgiveness , Grasset
- 1999 : New under Ecstasy , Gallimard
Frederic Beigbeder appears in the very first emission of Temps X , the emission of Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff, the April 21st 1979; it is then 13 years old, and intervenes as a guest, as a young fan of science fiction come to express his passion for the S.F
- Frederic Beigbeder was to advise of the Communist Robert Hue at the time of the French presidential election of 2002.
- Olivier Ball and Eric Corbeyran signed a cartoon insane Charmes (Dargaud “Long mail”, 2005), a tinted history of beliefs and morbid jealousies. In this album, a Parisian advertizing executive who takes the features of Frederic Beigbeder must go in province after the accidental death of his father. But the discovery, in the family home, of a headstock voodoo obliges it to revise the thesis of the accident.
- Chronic of " 99 francs" , " With the help, pardon" , video, interview, current events and extracted from novels…
- the NonOfficial Site of Beigbeder (the S.N.O.B.)
|Random links:||Tautology | Family of Montlhéry | Louis-Nicolas Cabat | Milka Duno | Concordia Sagittaria | Avignon|