Pierre Charles Joseph Auguste Lefranc was a dramatic author French (1814-1878).
It was born the February 2nd 1814 with Bussières in Saône-et-Loire. After secondary studies with Mâcon, it came to Paris to follow studies of right. It is there that it met Eugene Labiche and Marc-Michel. He obtained his license and he was registered with the bar. But he will not remain a long time lawyer, the literary writing interesting it much more. He collaborated like Labiche in small newspapers, and he founded the Audience and the Catholic Pulpit .
But it was especially impassioned of theater. In 1836, it had made play its first part, a woman fallen from the sky , a light comedy in an act, with small the Théâtre of the Pantheon. It should be said that Lefranc was likely very great to be the cousin of Eugene Scribe, which dominated the French scene then. This one lavished to him quite useful councils and supports near the theater directors.
In 1838, Lefranc, Marc-Michel and Labiche founded the “dramatic company” Paul Dandré, intended for the production of light comedies and of drama S. a contract in due form bound the three beginners who committed themselves reserving all their production at the young company. Auguste Lefranc, perhaps extremely of his relationship with Scribe, took the head of this trio and showed himself very authoritative. The collective Paul Dandré undoubtedly benefitted in his turn from the assistance from Scribe at its beginnings. In any case, if that were, Labiche in forever be conscious, him which was always astonished by the facility of its beginnings.
In fact this company lasted only two years. Labiche, into a letter with Nadar, rejected the responsibility for this dissolution on “the idleness and the inaccuracy” of Lefranc. Each member of association took again his freedom, but while remaining always friendly. Lefranc collaborated then more than thirty times with Labiche, and much less with Marc-Michel, although it was directed at the end of a few years towards very an other career. He became banker while becoming the owner of the Case of public Credit A. Lefranc and Co.
On the whole, after the disappearance of association Paul Dandré, Lefranc wrote about fifty light comedies, in majority with Labiche. The parts which he wrote are especially period 1840 - 1850 (see below). With share we Embrace, Folleville! , none is of first order, several were not even printed. Its collaboration with Labiche stopped in 1859, with the Lawyer of a Greek . He died the December 15th 1878 in his country house to Suresnes, ten years before Labiche. Marc-Michel, it, had died for ten years.
- 1836 a woman fallen from the sky (only)
- 1837 the water Basin (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- Mister de Coyllin or the infinitely polished Man (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- the Captain of Arcourt or the Fairy of the Castle (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- the Lawyer Loubet (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- the Forging mill of the Chestnuts (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- the Sorrow of Retaliation (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- Article 960 or the Donation (Labiche, Marc-Michel and Ancelot)
- the Fine word (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- Ivy and the Young elm (Labiche and Albert Monnier)
- If our wives knew it! (Philippe de Marville)
- 1841 a large criminal . (Varin and Jacques Arago)
- 1842 Extenuating circumstances (Labiche and Mélesville)
- the Man of straw (Labiche )
- a compromised woman
- the King of Frontins (Labiche)
- the School buissonnière (Labiche)
- Miss my wife (Labiche)
- Rocambolle the juggler (Labiche)
- Frisette (Labiche)
- the Inventor of the powder (Labiche and Nyon)
- the Lawyer pedicures (Labiche and Albitte)
- Hunting for the suckers (Labiche)
- a faded existence
- a blood man (Labiche)
- the Child of somebody , comedy-light comedy in 2 acts, written only. She was played London in 1848 during a round of the troop of the Palais Royal.
- art not to give New Year's gifts (Labiche)
- the Champagne Club (Labiche)
- the Barometer or Rain and the Good weather (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- To half way (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- a tragedy at Mr. Grassot (Labiche)
- With bottom the family or the Banquets (Labiche)
- Cuffs of unpleasant a (Labiche and Saint-Yves)
- a Mister who poses (Labiche and Philippe de Marville)
- a tooth under Louis XV (Labiche)
- Horn-the-ball (Labiche)
- Embrassons us, Folleville! (Labiche)
- Coiled innocent the
- an obsession
- the Alleged ones of Gimblette (Labiche and Senneif)
- 1851 In handles of shirt (Labiche and Nyon)
- 1852 Piccolet (Labiche and Montjoie)
- 1853 C of chest (Labiche)
- 1854 a awkward customer
- 1855 the Invaluable . (Labiche and Marc-Michel)
- 1859 the Lawyer of a Greek . (Labiche)
|Random links:||Towns of Lithuania | RC The Basset hounds | Varapodio | Elections in Érythrée | County of Dutchess | Jim_Capaldi|