The August 8th is the 220e Jour of the Année (221e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. We celebrate the Dominique.
1 to 1900
- 449: Opening of the " Armed robbery of Éphèse ".
- 1322 : With the Japan, the emperor Go-Daigo indicates the monastery Sojiji like principal monastery of the sect Soto.
- 1549 : The France declares the war with the England.
- 1567 : The army of the pile cluster penetrates in Brussels.
- 1570 : Peace of Saint-Germain in Bush hammer
- 1588: The English fleet, ordered by Sir Francis Drake, destroyed the Spanish armada off the French coasts.
- 1609 : The Senate of Venice examines the telescope of Galileo.
- 1786 : 1st rise of the Mont Blanc by Jacques Balmat and the doctor Michel Paccard
- 1788: In France, the king Louis XVI convenes the General states for the May 5th 1789.
- 1793 : Lyon revolts against the mountain Convention.
- 1815 : Napoleon share in exile for the island of Grey waxbill
- 1817: Anne Louis Henri of Fare, old bishop of Nancy and old appointed with the General states of 1789 is named archbishop of Direction.
- 1854 : Adoption of the Four points of Vienna : The Russia gives up its influence in the Rumanian principalities; give up its project of religious protectorate; accept the freedom of navigation on the the Danube; as well as the modification of the Convention of the Straits of 1841 (more warships).
- 1870 : With Marseilles, vis-a-vis the disastrous situation of the country, an insurrectionary movement, with at its head the radical Gaston Crémieux, in vain tries to proclaim the République and to found a Common revolutionist. But the movement is quickly subdued and Crémieux is stopped the following day and is submitted in front of a council of war.
- 1873 : Paul Verlaine between with the prison of Mons in Belgium for two years to have drawn two blows from revolver on Arthur Rimbaud.
- 1876 : Thomas Edison invents the mimographe, also called Fax.
- 1880 : Opening to Boma, by missionary S Catholic S, first school of the Democratic republic of Congo, counting upon the departure a score of children.
- 1918 : ( First World War ) According to Ludendorff, “the day of mourning of the German army”, several German divisions are swept by the allied forces.
- 1925 : The Ku Klux Klan holds its first public national congress in Washington.
- 1940 :
- First commercial flight of a plane with pressurized cabin, the Boeing 307 B.
- Beginning of the Battle of England.
- 1945 : Beginning of the Massacre of Sétif in Algeria, then French territory.
- 1949 : Independence of the Bhutan.
- 1955 : Opening to Geneva of a conference on the peaceful use of atomic energy.
- 1956 : Accident in the mine of the Wood of Cazier close to Marcinelle: 263 dead.
- 1963 : Attack of the mail train Glasgow-London: spoils of 30 franc million in tickets.
- 1965 :
- Singapore withdraws Malayan Federation and becomes an independent state.
- With Benidorm (Spain, Province of Alicante), alternate of Jose Subdued, Spanish Matador.
- 1966 : First Clerc's Office of a cardiac prosthesis with Houston (the United States).
- 1967 : Foundation of ASEAN
- 1969: Earthquake in Iran: : 22000 dead.
- 1974 : Richard Nixon resigns of her position of president of the United States following the Scandale of Watergate.
- 1983 : Coup d'etat to the Guatemala; Oscar Mejia Victores shift Efraín Ríos Montt.
- 1986 : Opening of the first Stock Exchange in China, with Shenyang.
- 1990 :
- the Iraq appendix the Kuwait.
- Raymond Goethals, trainer Belgian of the football club of the Of Gironde of Bordeaux, leaves the club.
- 1991 : Creation of the 8th area of the Mali, following the agreements of Tamanrasset (January 6th 1991), putting fine at the rebellion Tuareg of 1990 - 1991.
- 2000 :
- 2002 :
- the North Korea and the South Korea decide the creation of a permanent place of meeting for the families separated by division from the peninsula.
- Deadline fixed by the capacity of the Zimbabwe at the white farmers to give up their grounds.
- 2003 : Gathering altermondialist of: 300000 people on the plate of the Larzac, from August 8th to 10th 2003.
- 1518 : Conrad Lycosthenes, humanistic Alsatian († 1561)
- 1748: Johann Friedrich Gmelin, German Naturalist († 1804).
- 1816 : Filippo Parlatore, Italian botanist († 1877)
- 1857: Cecile Chaminade, pianist and French compositrice († 1944)
- 1890: Zofia Kossak-Szczucka, écrivaine, essay writer and resistant Polish († April 9th 1968)
- 1901: Ernest Orlando Lawrence, Nobel Prize of Physics in 1939.
- 1902: Paul Dirac, physicist, Nobel Prize of Physics in 1933 († October 20th 1984)
- 1907: Benny Casing, musician of American Jazz
- 1911: Philippe de Scitivaux, Aviator French of the Second world war, Companion of the Release. († August 10th 1986).
- 1931 : Roger Penrose, physicist and British mathematician
- 1937: Dustin Hoffman, American actor
- 1944: Bernard Menez, French actor
- 1948: Svetlana Y. Savitskaya, spationaut
- 1950: Martine Aubry, French political woman
- 1951: Mamoru Oshii, realizer Japan board
- 1958: Francis Lalanne, French singer
- 1961: The Edge (David Howell Evans), guitarist of the group U2
- 1978: Louis Saha, French footballer
- 1979: Jonas Tomalty, Canadian singer
- 1981: Roger Federer, Swiss tennis player
- 1986: Charlotte Stokely, American actress of charm
- 1987: Katie Leung, actress interpreting Cho Chang in the shutters Harry Potter
- 117: Trajan, Roman Emperor (° September 18th 53?)
- 1296 : Hugues de Brienne, count de Brienne and of Lecce. (° v. 1240).
- 1458 : Calixte III, pope.
- 1853 : Josef Hoëné-Wronski, philosopher and scientific free - Polish (° August 23rd 1776)
- 1926: Elizabeth Holmes, ( Elizabeth Swank ) known as Lizzie , Journalist and militant anarchistic American. (° 1850).
- 1928 : Antonín Sova, Czech poet (° February 26th 1864)
- 1936: Robert Bárány, Nobel Prize of medicine in 1914
- 1979: Feodor Lynen, biochemist, Nobel Prize of medicine in 1964
- 1988: Felix Leclerc, composer-songwriter, Québécois singer (° August 2nd 1914)
- 1991: James Irwin, American astronaut
- 2000: Gilles Thibaut, composer-songwriter, joint author of " As usual "
- 2001 :
- 2003 : Falaba Iso Traoré writer, actor, realizer and playwright Malian (° towards 1930)
- 2004: Fay Wray, American actress (° September 15th 1907)
- 2005: Barbara Bel Geddes, American actress (° October 31st 1922)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Émilien de Cyzique (+ towards 820), bishop confessor.
- Liébaut de Fleury (7th century), abbot founder of the Monastery of Saint-Beno4it cheese on the Loire.
- Dominique de Guzmán, the founder of the Dominican Order.
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 8 Be-X-old: 8 жніўня Fiu-vro: 8. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 8 augustus Simple: August 8 Zh-yue: 8 月 8 號
|Random links:||Stephopaedes | ETA Manufactures Clock making | Sara-coffee | Christelle Chollet | Paddy Finucane|