The August 6th is the 218e Jour of the Année (219e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1612: At the Brazil, Daniel of the Key, lord of Ravardière, arrive at the port of Javiré on the island of Maranhão with the French fleet composed of three buildings (the Regent, the Charlotte and the Holy-Anne) and begin construction from a fort, to which it will give the name of Saint-Louis (São Luis), in the honor of the King de France Louis XIII. Around this fort will create for itself the town of Saint-Louis de Maranhão (today São Luis C Maranhão, classified on the Liste of the world heritage by UNESCO).
- 1623 : The cardinal Maffeo Barberini, descendant of a noble florentine family, is elected pope, and by accepting its election it takes the name of Urbain VIII. (end of the Pontificate in 1644).
- 1726 : The Germanic empire and the Russia conclude an alliance against the Turkey.
- 1647 : Arrival in News-France, with Quebec, of Pierre Tremblay, ancestor of the Tremblay of America.
- 1660 : Died of Diego Velasquez.
- 1806 : End of the Holy Germanic Roman Empire
- 1824: Simon Bolivar beats the Spanish with the Bataille of Junin (Peru).
- 1825 : Independence of the Bolivia
- 1828: Mehemet Ali, khedive of Egypt, accepts the British requests for an evacuation of the Greece.
- 1840 : The future Napoleon III is condemned to the life imprisonment after an attempt at rising.
- 1870 : Battle of Froeschwiller-Woerth
- 1890: First execution by Electric chair with the prison the Auburn one, of New York.
- 1896 : Madagascar becomes French colony.
- 1945: Bombardment of Hiroshima to the Japan by the the United States with a bomb with the Uranium, 70.000 dead.
- 1953 : The marshal Tito claims the internationalization of Trieste
- 1961: The Soviet Guerman Titov carries out the second manned space flight of the history.
- 1962 : Independence of the Jamaica.
- 1971 : lunar Eclipse.
- 1973 : Bombardment " by erreur" Kampuchean city of Long Neak, by the American army, causing the death of hundreds of civilians.
- 1983 : A Russian hunter cuts down a South Korean Boeing 747 which flies over the island of Sakhaline.
- 1985 : Disappearance of Philippe of Dieuleveult during the Africa-Raft descent around Inga (R.D.C.).
- 1990 :
- Benazir Bhutto is driven out capacity by the army and the movements Intégriste S Musulman S.
- resolution 661 of the Safety advice of the United Nations, adopted by 13 vote and 2 went away (Cuba and the Yemen), decides on a Embargo commercial, financial and soldier against the Iraq.
- 1992 : Birth of Charles Côté, writer of Québécois origin.
- 1995 : The pub S English with the the United Kingdom open Sunday for the first time since 1872.
- 1995: The Parisian cyclists can circulate freely on certain quays of the the Seine.
- 1997 : A South Korean Boeing 747 is crushed on the island of Guam, in the Pacific: 226 dead.
- 2007 : Official beginnings of the mythical couple… =)
- 1723 : Marcus Elieser Bloch, Doctor and German Naturalist († 1799).
- 1768 : Jean-Baptiste Bessières, marshal of Empire
- 1775: Daniel O' Connell, Irish politician called the Liberator or the Emancipator († 1847)
- 1809: Alfred Lord Tennyson, British poet .
- 1868 : Paul Claudel, playwright and poet French.
- 1881 : Alexander Fleming, Co-discoverer of the Penicillin, Nobel Prize of medicine 1945
- 1904: Jean Zay, lawyer, French statesman
- 1908: Rene de Castries (the duke of Castries ), historian and academician French († 1986).
- 1911 : Lucille Ball, actress states-unienne.
- 1917 : Robert Mitchum, American actor († July 1st 1997).
- 1927 : Jean Elleinstein, French historian.
- 1928 : Andy Warhol, artist states-unien
- 1930: Abbey Lincoln, American singer of jazz
- 1934: Edmond Simeoni Man and political militant, doctor of profession, father of nationalism " moderne" in Corsica.
- 1943 : Jon Postel, data processing specialist states-unien, one of the founders of Internet
- 1946: Elisabeth Guigou, French political woman
- 1950: Winston E. Scott, American astronaut
- To wrap Root, artist, type-setter and writer Québécois.
- Stepfanie Kramer, actress
- 1961: Karl Zero, stimulating French of television
- 1962: Michelle Yeoh (Yeoh Choo Kheng) actress malaysienne.
- 1962 : Marc Lavoine, French singer
- 1963: Kevin Mitnick, cracker American
- 1965: Olivier Megaton, French realizer.
- 1965 : Luc Alphand, French skier.
- 1969: Elliott Smith, American musician († 2003)
- 1970: Mr. Night Shyamalan, Indian realizer .
- 1972 : Geri Halliwell, British singer , ex-member of the " Spice Girls ".
- 1975 : Renate Goetschl, Austrian ski champion
- 1981: Kader Keita, footballer of the Ivory Coast
- 1983: Robin van Persie, footballer Dutch
- 258 : the pope Sixth II
- 523: the pope Hormisdas
- 1458: the pope Calixte III
- 1503: Rodrigo Borgia (° 1431), pope since 1492 under the name of Alexandre VI
- 1890: William Kemmler, first prisoner carried out by the Electric chair
- 1973: Fulgencio Batista, cuban dictator (° 1901)
- 1978: Paul VI, born Giovanni Battista Montini, Pope
- 1983: Klaus Sperber, known as Klaus Nomi, one of the very first celebrities to die of the causes of the AIDS.
- 1987 : Leon Christmas, French politician, first president of the Constitutional council.
- 1989: Hubert Beuve-Méry, French journalist, founder of the daily newspaper Le Monde
- 1990: Jacques Soustelle, politician and ethnologist French (° February 3rd 1912)
- 1991: Roland Michener, Canadian politician
- 1998: Andre Weil, French mathematician
- 2001: Jorge Amado, Brazilian writer
- 2002: Edsger Dijkstra, Mathematician and data processing specialist Dutch
- 2004: Rick James, American Singer
- 2005: Robin Cook, British politician
- 2005: Ibrahim Ferrer, singer Cuba in, member of the Buena Vista Social Club
- 2007: Heinz Barth, war criminal German, responsible for the Massacre for Oradour-on-Glane (° October 15th 1920)
- Christian Festival of the Transfiguration of the Christ on the mount Thabor (catholic, orthodoxe).
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 6 Be-X-old: 6 жніўня Fiu-vro: 6. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 6 augustus Simple: August 6 Zh-yue: 8 月 6 號
|Random links:||OSGi | Khououiou (scribe) | Emanuela Pierantozzi | Barriol (district of Arles) | Prosper d' Épinay|