The August 5th is the 217e Jour of the Année (218e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1392 : In Korea, the general Yi Song-gye becomes king under the name of You aejo . He is the first sovereign of the Dynastie Chosŏn, more often indicated under the name of dynasty of Yi , of the name of his founder. (end in 1910).
- 1473 : A drawing is the first known work of Léonard de Vinci.
- 1796 : Bonaparte beats the Autrichiens.
- 1858 : The first transatlantic cable is drawn between the United States and Europe by Cyrus Field
- 1884: Pose first stone of the Statue of Freedom, with the entry of the port of New York.
- 1890 : colonial convention enters the France and the the United Kingdom on Madagascar and Zanzibar.
- 1897 : Edison produces the first advertizing film.
- 1914 : Installation of the first electric fire of circulation in the town of Cleveland to the intersection of the 105e street and the Evelid avenue.
- 1934 : Massacre Jews by the Arabs with Constantine (Algeria).
- 1949 : Earthquake with Ambato in Ecuador which destroys last colonial testimonys of the city and made 3000000 dead.
- 1960 : Independence of the Burkina Faso.
- 1966 : John Lennon affirms that the Beatles are more famous than Jesus-Christ.
- 1967 : Exit of the first album of the Pink Floyd " The Piper At The Spoil Dawn " Off;
- 1972 : Plane crash close to Palermo in Italy: 115000 dead
- 1983: Thomas Sankara shift Jean-Baptiste Ouedraogo with the Burkina Faso.
- 1985 : Election of Victor Paz Estenssoro like chair Bolivia N
- 1990: the Belgian Eric Geboers is crowned world champion of Motocross for the fifth time.
- 1998 : Lynching of Tutsi S by the population of Kitona, Democratic republic of Congo
- 1999: Jean-Pierre Lacroix succeeds the Corsica prefect of after Bernard Bonnet, dismissed after the business of the " paillotes".
- the Afghan president Hamid Karzai escapes an attack.
- the new mayor of Shanghai (China), Chen Liangyu wants to make its city, in the three years to come, the center of the domestic Financial market, and one of the international financial centers most important for one duration from ten to twenty years.
- 2003 : Creation of the successful series Newport Beach by Josh Schwartz.
- 2006 : Washington and Paris get along at the end of several days of negotiations, the Safety advice of UNO examines a Franco-American draft Resolution calling with “a complete suspension of the Israeli hostilities in Lebanon”. The draft Resolution aims at a permanent cease-fire and a long-term solution. The force of UNO would be spread with the Lebanese governmental army in the south of the country, thus allowing a sedentary withdrawal of the Israeli troops.
- 1461 : Aleksander Jagiellończyk I, king of Poland and large-duke of Lithuania († August 19th 1506)
- 1802: Niels Henrik Abel, Norwegian mathematician
- 1850: Guy of Maupassant, French writer
- 1860: Oswald Wirth, Swiss writer († 1943)
- 1862: Joseph Merrick, known as " elephant man" († April 11th 1890)
- 1872: Charles-Eugene Delaunay, astronomer and mathematician French
- 1892: Valentine Tessier, French actress († August 11th 1981)
- 1901: Claude Autant-Lara, French realizer
- 1902: Albert Valentine, scenario writer and Belgian realizer († April 13rd 1968)
- 1906: Wassily Leontief, economist and Nobel Prize of the economic scenes in 1973
- 1906: John Houghston known as John Huston, American realizer
- 1912: Henri Grouès, known as the “Abbot Pierre”, religious French († January 22nd 2007)
- 1924: Kéba Mbaye, lawyer Senegal board, vice-president of the International penal court of 1981 with 1990, president of the Arbitration court of the sport, former vice-president of CIO. († January 11th 2007).
- 1930 : Neil Alden Armstrong, astronaut and first man to have gone on the the Moon
- 1937 :
- François Pluchart, writer, Critic Journalist and art French, specialist in the Contemporary art. († November 8th 1988).
- Herb Brooks, American trainer of Hockey. Champion with Lake Placid in 1980.
- 1941 : Leonid Kizim, Ukrainian cosmonaut
- 1948: Carole Laure, Québécois actress
- 1959: Scott D. Altman, American astronaut
- 1965: Bang Eun-jin, South Korean actress
- Jean-Marc Morandini, journalist and animater of television and radio operator French
- Hake McRae, world champion of the pilots of rally in 1995 († September 15th 2007)
- Marine Le Pen, lawyer, vice-president of the National front
- 1990 :
- 890 : Ramnulf II, count de Poitiers of 878 with 890, duke of Aquitaine of 888 with 890.
- 1424: Yun-Lo, emperor of China.
- 1895 : Friedrich Engels, communist theorist (° November 28th 1820).
- 1901 : Victoria Adelaide, girl of the queen Victoria.
- 1957 : Heinrich Otto Wieland, German chemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1927 (° June 4th 1877).
- 1960 : Arthur Meighen, Canadian politician (° June 16th 1874), Prime Minister of Canada in 1920 - 1921, then in 1926.
- 1962 : Marilyn Monroe, American actress (° June 1st 1926)
- 1952: British Sir Drummond, supposément assassinated by Gaston Dominici (see Business Dominici).
- 1991 : Soichiro Honda, founder of the Japanese industry group Honda.
- 1983 : Bart Jan Bok, astronomer.
- 1984 : Richard Burton, American actor (° November 10th 1925).
- 2000 : Sir Alec Guinness, British actor (° April 2nd 1914).
- 2002 : Hugo Banzer, former president Bolivia N.
- 2002 : Antoine Riboud, industrial French, founder of the group Danone.
- 2005 : Raymond Klibansky, philosopher and historian of the culture.
- 2007 :
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Abel of Rheims (+ towards 750), archbishop.
- Frodulph de Saintonge (+), recluse (holy Froult).
- Viateur of the Sologne (6th century), recluse (holy Viâtre).
Saints orthodoxe of the day
- Jean de Chozéba (+ 1960), Rumanian monk.
- August 5th in sport
- August 5th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 5 Be-X-old: 5 жніўня Fiu-vro: 5. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 5 augustus Simple: August 5 Zh-yue: 8 月 5 號
|Random links:||The Carrier | County of Roscommon | Championship of Switzerland of football 1952-1953 | Friedrich Wilhelm Bülow von Dennewitz | Battle of Civitate|