The August 31st is the 243e Jour of the Année (244e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1801: The Ménou general, chief of the French troops of Egypt, sign an agreement of evacuation with the British with Alexandria putting an end to the Countryside of Egypt.
- 1850 : The king Kamehameha III proclaims the independence of Honolulu
- 1862: With the Puerto de Santa María (Spain, Province of Cadiz), alternate of Handbook Fuentes there Rodríguez known as “Bocanegra”, Spanish Matador.
- 1864 : Beginning of the evacuation of Atlanta by the troops Southerners under the effect of the northerner troops ordered by the general Sherman
- 1888: First crime of the serial killer Jack Éventreur.
- 1907 : Enclose international anarchistic Congrès of Amsterdam
- 1937: Creation of the SNCF.
- 1940 : Meet Tizard – Vannevar Bush.
- 1957 : The Fédération of the Malayan states declares its independence.
- 1966 : First flight of the first plane on vertical takeoff, the Harrier
- 1980: After the disorders of July, the Polish Communist government ends up yielding and signs the agreements of Gdańsk with Lech Wałęsa, workman-electrician and leader of the trade union Solidarność.
- 1983 : The Red Army cuts down a South Korean Boeing 747 thinking that it was a military aircraft.
- 1991 : Ouzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan proclaim their independence with respect to U.R.S.S
- 1994: After 25 years of violences, the Irish Republican Army (WILL GO) promises to make respect a complete cease-fire as from this day at midnight.
- 1997 : Accident of the princess Diana Spencer with Paris.
- 161: Convenient ( Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus ), wire of Marc Aurèle and his wife Faustine, future Roman Emperor († December 31st 192).
- 1786 : Eugene Chevreul French chemist († 1889).
- 1809 : Oswald Heer, geologist and Swiss naturalist († September 27th 1883).
- 1811 : Théophile Gautier, poet, novelist and French critic art. († October 23rd 1872).
- 1870 : Maria Montessori, doctor and Italian, creative pedagog of the “Houses of the Children” († May 6th 1952).
- 1879 : Alma Mahler, born Schindler, artist, compositrice and painter of Austrian origin († December 11th 1964).
- 1880 : Wilhelmine of the Netherlands († November 28th 1962), queen of the Netherlands of 1890 with 1948.
- 1893 : Lily Laskine, harpist († 1988)
- 1928: James Coburn, American actor († November 18th).
- 1903 : Vladimir Jankélévitch, French philosopher († April 10th 1985).
- 1908 : Paul-Jacques Bonzon, French writer († September 24th 1978)
- 1926: Josi Meier, Swiss political woman († November 4th 2006).
- 1931 : Jean Béliveau, Canadian hockey player on ice
- 1940: Alain Calmat, skater, doctor and politician French
- 1945: Leonid I. Popov, Ukrainian spationaut
- 1945: Van Morrison, Irish type-setter author
- 1949: Richard Gere, American actor.
- 1956 : Masashi Tashiro, Artist Television Japan board.
- 1958 : Eric Zemmour, French political journalist.
- 1960 : Chris Whitley, American musician († November 20th 2005).
- 1963 : Sylvain Kastendeuch, Footballer French.
- 1976 : Vincent Delerm, French singer
- 1988: Rachel Legrain-Trapani, Miss France 2007
- 1422 : Henri V of England, king d' Angleterre. (° August 9th 1387).
- 1654 : Ole WORM (or Olaus Wormius), Doctor and collector Danish (° May 13rd 1588).
- 1661 : Jacques Hennequin, French theologist, professor of Theology to the Sorbonne. (° November 7th 1575).
- 1724 : Louis Ier, king d' Espagne. (° August 25th 1707).
- 1785 : Pietro Chiari, 72 years, dramatic author, Novelist and Librettist Italy N. (° December 25th 1712).
- 1795 : François-Andre Danican, known as Philidor , player of failures and type-setter French. (° September 7th 1726)
- 1811: Louis Antoine de Bougainville, navigator and explorer French (° November 11th 1729).
- 1834 : Karl Ludwig Harding, German Astronomer . (° September 29th 1765).
- 1867 : Charles Baudelaire, poet and writer French (° April 9th 1821).
- 1920: Wilhelm Wundt, psychologist and German philosopher (° August 16th 1832).
- 1937 : Albert Heim, Swiss geologist . (° April 12th 1849).
- 1973 : John Ford, producing and Realizer of American Cinema (° 1894).
- 1982 : Wladislaw Gomulka, politician Polish (° February 6th 1905)
- 1986: Henry Moore, British artist sculptor (° July 30th 1898).
- 1997 : Diana Spencer known as Lady Di , daughter-in-law of Elisabeth II of the United Kingdom. (° July 1st 1961).
- 2005 : Joseph Rotblat, British physicist, Nobel Prize of Peace 1995. (° November 4th 1908).
CelebrationsOne celebrates the Saint Aristide
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 31 Be-X-old: 31 жніўня Fiu-vro: 31. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 31 augustus Simple: August 31 Zh-yue: 8 月 31 號
|Random links:||Cable car of the needle of the South | Alveria mount | Crioceris | Pamela Rodgers | Season LAH 1942-1943|