The August 30th is the 242e Jour of the Année (243e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1341: Died of Jean III, duke of Brittany, without direct heir. Conflict around its succession between his/her niece, Jeanne de Penthièvre, woman of Charles of Blois and his half-brother, Jean de Montfort, which will lead to the War of succession of Brittany.
- 1464 : Beginning of the Pontificate of Paul II ( Pietro Barbo ), 211 ème Pope of the Catholic church, which succeeds Pie II. (end in 1471).
- 1482 : Guillaume of the Mark, called the “ Wild boar of the Ardennes ”, assassinates the prince-bishop of Liege, Louis de Bourbon; it is the beginning of the revolt which it will lead to Liege, in favor of Louis XI. (end in 1485).
- 1528 :
- the French Army capitulates with Aversa (Italy) and withdraws Naples and of Genoa.
- Andrea Doria gives up the seat of Naples and joined Charles Quint which grants to him the release of Genoa.
- 1637 : Anne Hutchinson is banished church of Boston to have criticized the Puritain S.
- 1661: The relics of Holy Gaudens, martyr killed by the Visigoths towards 475, take again their initial place with collegial of Saint-Gaudens (Haute-Garonne).
- 1800 : First revolt of slaves to the the United States carried out by Gabriel Prosser.
- 1808 : Bataille of Curved, with the Portugal (demolished French)
- 1813: Massacre of Strong Mims during the Guerre of Creek.
- 1860 : unloading of French forwarding in Syria and with the Lebanon to protect the Christians Maronites massacred by the Druzes
- 1862: Second battle of Bull Run, with the the United States, also called Second battle of Manassas .
- 1870 : Demolished French Army, ordered by Mac-Mahon, with the Battle of Beaumont. Mac-Mahon makes retirement on Sedan
- 1891: With the Puerto de Santa María (Spain, Province of Cadiz), alternate of Jose Rodríguez Davie known as “Pepete”, Spanish Matador
- 1898: The colonel Hubert Henry recognizes being the author of the forgery which made it possible to make condemn Alfred Dreyfus.
- 1914 : German Victoire of Tannenberg.
- 1933 : Creation of the airline company Air France
- 1936: British rearmament , which puts in building site 38 war buildings
- 1942: Annexation of the Luxembourg in German Reich
- 1943: the government of the the United States declares that the evidence of the existence of execution in gas chambers is insufficient
- Return to the capacity of Maurice Duplessis with the Quebec, until in 1959.
- Release of Rouen (Seine-Maritime) after many Bombardment S
- 1954: rejection of the European Community of defense by the French Parliament
- 1974: The newspaper Combat, created in the Resistance by Henri Frenay and directed to the release by Albert Camus, cease of paraïtre by barring the one of its last number of a famous remained cuff: “Silence, one runs”!
- 1991 :
- 1993: Inauguration of the Mosque Hassan II with Casablanca.
- 1995 : Kazakhstan, adoption of a new Constitution.
- 1999 : The Eastern Timor chooses independence in a Référendum organized by UNO.
- 2000 : With Sacedón (Spain, Province of Guadalajara), alternate of Francisco Javier Sánchez Vara, Spanish Matador.
- Last takeoff of a Harmony, Barbados
- the 146 Member States of OMC give their agreement to the importation of generic medicines by the poor countries deprived of drug company.
- Lyonpo Jigme Thinley becomes again Prime Minister for the Bhutan.
- Shipwreck of the Underwater Russian K-159, disarmed and in the course of towing towards a building site of disassembling, in Mer of Barents
- a subway train is reversed and embedded in the quay of the station Our-Lady-to-Lorette in Paris: 24 slightly injureds.
- With the Championships of the world of athletics of Saint-Denis
- 1748: Jacques-Louis David, French painter. († December 29th 1825)
- 1797: Mary Shelley, British writer († 1851)
- 1820: Gustave Gray, photographer French
- 1852: Jacobus Henricus van 'T Hoff, Dutch chemist, Nobel Prize in 1901
- 1871: Ernest Rutherford, physicist and chemist New Zealand
- 1889: Bodil Ipsen, Danish director
- 1902: Józef Maria Bocheński, philosopher Polish († February 8th 1995)
- 1932: Geneviève de Fontenay, president of the committee Miss France, Miss Europe and Miss Universe
- 1929: François Cheng, writer, Poet and calligrapher French
- 1937: Bernard Schreiner, French politician
- 1943: Robert Crumb, American draftsman cartoons
- 1944: Jose Falcón (Jose Carlos Frita Falcao), Matador Portuguese († August 11th 1974).
- 1946 : Jacques Tardi, draftsman of cartoons
- 1951: Timothy Bottoms American actor
- 1957: Patrick Roy, French politician
- 1958: Anna Politkovskaïa, Russian journalist († October 7th 2006)
- Cameron Diaz, American actress
- Pavel Nedved, Czech footballer
- 1975: Marina Anissina, artistic skater French of Russian origin.
- 1977 : Loana Petrucciani, mannequin, French singer.
- 1979 : Juan Ignacio Chela, Argentinian tennis player.
- 1982 : Andy Roddick, American tennis player
- 526: Théodoric III, king Osthrogoth of Italy, in Ravenne
- 1483: Louis XI, king de France
- 1631: Charles III of Mayenne, noble French, duke of Mayenne and Pivot (° 1609, 22 years)
- 1723: Antoine van Leeuwenhoek, discoverer of the Protozoon S
- 1928: Wilhelm Wien, German physicist, Nobel Prize 1911 (° 1864)
- 1970: Abraham Zapruder, scenario writer amateur having filmed the Assassination of John F. Kennedy (° May 15th 1905)
- 1971: Louis Armand, engineer, specialist in the railroads and atomic energy, resistant
- 1978: Henryk Zygalski, mathematician and cryptologist Polish (° July 15th 1906)
- 1985: El Yiyo (Jose Cubero Sanchez), Spanish Matador (° April 16th 1964)
- 1991: Jean Tinguely, Swiss artist (° 1925)
- 1996: Christine Pascal, actress and French director, commits suicide.
- 2003 : Charles Bronson, American actor
- 2006: Naguib Mahfouz, Egyptian writer, Nobel Prize of Literature in 1988
- 2006: Glenn Ford, American actor
- 2007: Jean Diébold, Politician French (° April 22nd 1939)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Fantin de Thessalonique († v. 1000), monk and miracle-worker.
- Hackney carriage († 670), monk of Irish origin, owner of the gardeners.
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 30 Be-X-old: 30 жніўня Fiu-vro: 30. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 30 augustus Simple: August 30 Zh-yue: 8 月 30 號
|Random links:||SN Brussels Airlines | Assenay | Sauveterre-la-Lémance | The Community of communes of the Valleys of Azure | Maya codex|