The August 29th is the 241e Jour of the Année (242e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. Saint of the day: Holy Sabine.
1 to 1900
70: Jerusalem is taken by the Romains.
- 1261 : Urbain IV becomes Pape. He is the last pope elected without to have been cardinal.
- 1475 : The Traité of Picquigny concludes a short war between the France and the England.
- 1484 : The pope Innocent VIII is elected.
- 1521 : The Othoman S take Nándorfehérvár, city known under the current name of Belgrade.
- 1526 : Soliman the Magnificent the beats the Hungarian with Mohacs.
- 1541 : The Othomans take Buda, capital of Hungary.
- 1660 : Return of the king d' Angleterre Charles II to London following the dictatorship of Cromwell.
- 1756 : Frederic II of Prussia attacks the Saxony. Beginning of the War Seven Year old.
- 1831 : Michael Faraday invents the Dynamo.
- 1842 : The shogun Tokugawa orders with the Daimyō to supply the foreign ships which require it.
- 1842 : End of the First war of opium by the signature of the Treated of Nankin.
- 1862 : Battle of Aspromonte: defeat of the Italians.
- 1885 : Gottlieb Daimler deposits a patent on the first motor bike.
1907 : The Pont of Quebec crumbles during its construction: 75 dead.
- 1910 : The Japan changes the name of the Korea into Chōsen and makes it direct by a governor-general.
- 1911 : Ishi, last Indian Yahi, whose true name is unknown (ishi means man in Yahi), goes in the town of Oroville where it is captured.
- 1943 : Occupied by the Germany, the Denmark scuttles its fleet. The Danish government is dissolved by the Nazis.
- 1944 : 60.000 Slovaques attack the German troops.
- 1949 : The USSR tests RDS-1, its first atomic bomb with the Kazakhstan.
- 1966 : Sayyid Qutb, theologist Egyptian of the Muslim brothers, is carried out.
- 1966 : Last concert of the Beatles in Candlestick Park of San Francisco
- 1982: The chemical element 109, the Meitnérium, is synthesized for the first time at Darmstadt in Germany.
- 1991 : The Supreme Soviet suspends all the activities of the Soviet Communist party.
- 1995 : NATO begins the Operation Deliberate Force against the Serb ones from Bosnia.
- 1997 : At least 98 villagers are killed by GIA with Rais in Algérie.
- 2005 : The Ouragan Katrina reaches the coasts of the city of the Orleans News.
- 1619 : Jean-Baptiste Colbert († 1684).
- 1632 : John Locke, philosopher († 1704).
- 1745 : Jean-Charles-Louis de Mesrigny, Knight of Mesgrigny-Villebertin and commander of Malta († December 28th 1828, with Troyes).
- 1755 : Jean Henri Dombrowski, general Polish of the French revolution († July 6th 1818).
- 1780 : Jean Ingres, French painter († January 14th 1867).
- 1809 : Oliver Wendell Holmes, writer and physicist states-unien († October 8th 1894).
- 1821 : Gabriel de Mortillet, French prehistorian († September 25th 1898).
- 1862 : Maurice Maeterlinck († May 5th 1949).
- 1881 : Valery Larbaud, French writer († February 2nd 1957).
- 1915 : Ingrid Bergman, actress of cinema († August 29th 1982).
- 1920: Charlie Parker, saxophonist of American jazz († March 12th 1955).
- 1923 : Lord Richard Attenborough, British realizer .
- 1924 : Dinah Washington, singer states-unienne († December 14th 1963).
- 1931 : Dye stick Payette, woman political, feminist, écrivaine, TV host and of radio Québécois E.
- 1939 : Joel Schumacher, American scenario writer.
- 1945 : Alain Richard, French politician.
- 1946 : Bob Beamon, Olympic champion of long jump in 1968.
- 1948 : Charles D. Walker, American astronaut.
- 1949 : Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff, producers of television specialized in the scientific popularization.
- 1957 : Severino Bottero, trainer of Alpine skiing Italian. († January 2nd 2006).
- 1958 : Michael Jackson, American singer.
- 1959 : Chris A. Hadfield, Canadian astronaut.
- 1960 : Pascale Rocard, French actress.
- 1962 : Armand Eloi, Belgian actor.
- 1972 : Bae Yong-jun, South Korean actor.
- 1973 : Víctor Puerto (Víctor Sánchez Cerdá), Spanish Matador .
- 1980 : David Desrosiers, bass player of Simple plan.
- 1981 : Lanny Barbie, Canadian actress porn.
- 1981 : Emilie Dequenne, Belgian actress.
- a.s. 886 : Basile Ier, Byzantine emperor (° 811)
- 1093: Hugues Ier of Burgundy, duke (° 1057)
- 1435: Isabeau of Bavaria, queen of Charles VI of France (° 1371)
- 1533: Execution of Atahualpa, the last INCA, by Pizarro (° 1502)
- 1712: Gregory King, genealogist and British statistician (° 1648)
- 1780: Jacques-Germain Soufflot, French architect (° July 22nd 1713)
- 1799: The pope Black and white VI (° 1717)
- 1905: Jean-Marie Déguignet, Breton writer of French language (° July 19th 1934)
- 1922: Georges Sorel Philosopher and Sociologist French (° November 2nd 1847)
- 1935: Astrid of Sweden, Queen of Belgium (° November 17th 1905)
- 1938: Joseph Bedier, French historian (° January 28th 1864)
- 1947: Handbook Rodríguez Sánchez known as “Manolete”, Spanish Matador (° July 4th 1917)
- 1966: Sayyid Qutb, Egyptian theologist (°. 1906)
- 1975: Eamon de Valera, Irish political personanlity (° October 14th 1882)
- 1979: Mary Marquet, French actress (° April 14th 1895).
- 1982 : Ingrid Bergman, American naturalized Swedish actress (° August 29th 1915)
- 1984: Pierre Gemayel, Lebanese politician (° November 6th 1905)
- 1987: Lee Marvin, actor states-unien (° February 19th 1924)
- 1995: Michael Ende, German writer of fantastic novels (° November 12th 1929)
- 2004: Jean-Louis Nicot, lieutenant-general of French army implied in the Putsch of Algiers (° February 14th 1911)
- 2004: Hans Vonk, Dutch leader (° June 18th 1942)
- Benjamin Rawitz, Israeli pianist, assassinated with Brussels.
- Youenn Gwernig, singer and franc-Breton poet
- 2007: Pierre Messmer, French Prime Minister with in the chair Georges Pompidou between 1972 and 1974 (° March 20th 1916)
- Christian Festival of the Decapitation of Holy Jean-Baptiste, (catholic, orthodoxe).
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 29 Be-X-old: 29 жніўня Fiu-vro: 29. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 29 augustus Simple: August 29 Zh-yue: 8 月 29 號
|Random links:||Maritime plantain | Puy-l' Bishop | 1930 with the cinema | County of Qinshui | County of Utah|