The August 28th is the 240e Jour of the Année (241e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1065 : Died of the duke of Low-Lotharingie Frederic Ier of Luxembourg: Godefroy Bearded the becomes basic duke and of High-Lotharingie.
- 1183 : To the Japan, Minamoto No Yoshinaka enters as a vaiquor Kyōto after the escape of the Taira three days earlier.
- 1521 : The Turks occupies Belgrade
- 1526: defeat of the Hungarian with Mohacs, against the Othoman troops
- 1572: Royal declaration prohibiting the exercise of the worship reformed in all the kingdom.
- 1793 : Beginning of the Head office of Toulon
- 1833: The Esclavage is abolished through the British Empire.
- 1850 : First representation with Weimar of Lohengrin of Richard Wagner.
- 1916: In Germany, Von Falkenhayn is replaced by the marshal Paul von Hindenburg with the head of the Supreme Management of the German Armée.
- 1917 : Arrest of Suffragette S gathered in front of the White House to make pressure on President Woodrow Wilson for the adoption of “the Amendment Anthony " on the right of Vote of the women.
- 1927 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Francisco Vega of los Reyes known as “Gitanillo de Triana”, Spanish Matador.
- 1937 : Toyota becomes an independent company
- 1943: With the Denmark, a General strike against the occupation Nazie is started.
- 1944 : Bordeaux, Marseilles and Toulon is released.
- 1963 : Martin Luther King makes her famous speech: I cuts has dream in Washington, and meets Kennedy
- 1966: With Monterrey (Mexico, state of Nuevo León), alternate of Eloy Cavazos, Mexican Matador.
- 1981 : Announces in the United States of a strong recrudescence of Pneumocystose and Sarcome de Kaposi in the male homosexual population. Soon, these symptoms will be recognized like a problem of the Immune system, called later AIDS
- 1988: Plane crash on air base with Ramstein, in the Rhineland, (Germany). A plane is crushed on crowd. Assessment: 67 died and more than 500 wounded.
- 1990 : The Iraq declares the Kuwait like a province of Iraq.
- 1993 : 76 died in an air crash to the Tadjikistan.
2001 : Spectacular jacking maneuver (eight hours) of the Turn of the Millenium, turn of observation built since March on the territory of the commune of Gedinne, on the plate of the Cross-Scaille, in the the Belgian Ardennes.
- 2003 : Organization of the first Flash mob in France, in the Museum of Louvre.
- 1582 a.s. : Taichang, emperor of the Dynasty Ming of China († 1620).
- 1749 : Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer († March 22nd 1832).
- 1828 a.s. : Leon Tolstoï, Russian writer († 1910).
- 1879 a.s. : Alexandre Marius Jacob, anarchistic idealist, burglar, French, († 1954).
- 1892 : Augustin Souchy, anarchistic German († January 1st 1984)
- 1897: Charles Boyer, French actor.
- 1903 : Bruno Bettelheim, psychological Austrian.
- 1908 : Robert Blackbird, French writer.
- 1913 : Robertson William Davies, writer, journalist, Canadian professor († 1995).
- 1913 : Boris Pahor, Slovenien writer .
- 1916 : Jack Vance, American author of Science fiction
- 1917: Jack Kirby, American author of Comic S, creators of tens of Superman
- 1925: Donald O' Connor, American actor.
- 1930 : Ben Gazzara, American actor.
- 1935 : Melvin Charney, Canadian architect.
- 1937 : François Béranger, French singer.
- 1938 : Paul Martin, Canadian politician.
- 1940 : Philippe Léotard, actor and singer French († 2001).
- 1952 : Rita Dove, American writer.
- 1956 : Benoit Peeters, French writer and scenario writer of Cartoon.
- 1958 : Scott Hamilton, Olympic champion of figure skating.
- 1960 : Leroy Chiao, American astronaut
- 1965: Amanda Tapping, Canadian actress.
- 1965 : Shania Twain, Canadian singer.
- 1968 : Billy Boyd, British actor .
- 1968 : Jan Svorada, Czech champion cycle
- 1968: Naomi Watts, American actress.
- 1969: Jack Black, American actor.
- 1970 : Loïc Leferme, French apneist recordman - 171m " No limit" , († 2007)
- 1971: Janet Evans, champion of American swimming.
- 1971 : Joann Sfar, author of French cartoons.
- 1979 : Olivier Cattiaux, journalist and radio operator organizer French.
- 430: The theologist holy Augustin dies in the Roman colony of Hippone in North Africa at the 75 years age.
- 876: Louis II of Germanic, known as the Germanic one or of Bavaria, king de Germanie (° v. 806)
- 1065: Frederic Ier of Luxembourg, duke of Low-Lotharingie.
- 1481 : Alphonse V, king of Portugal
- 1767: Giacomo Ceruti, 68 years, painter baroque Italy N. (° October 13rd 1698).
- 1793 : Adam Philippe Custine, general French
- 1839: géoloque William Smith British
- 1943: Boris III of Bulgaria (° 1894), tsar of Bulgarian (1918-1943) the
- 1945: Ludwig Kasper, Austrian sculptor (° May 2nd, 1893)
- 1948: Alexandre Chevtchenko, Russian painter
- 1954: Alexandre Marius Jacob, anarchistic idealist, French burglar (1879-1954)
- 1975: Fritz Wotruba, Austrian sculptor (° April 23rd, 1907)
- 1987: John Huston, American scenario writer
- 1990: Willy Vandersteen
- 2003 : Manual Jeannine, founder of the bilingual active School
- 2005: Jacques Dufilho, actor French.
- 2006 : Benoit Sauvageau, Québécois politician.
- 2007 : Antonio Puerta, footballer of FC Seville.
- HongKong: Day of the release (1945)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Augustin d' Hippone bishop and Doctors of the Church (Western date).
- Julien de Brioude (3rd century), martyr in Auvergne.
- Vivien Holy († v. 460), bishop.
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 28 Be-X-old: 28 жніўня Fiu-vro: 28. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 28 augustus Simple: August 28 Zh-yue: 8 月 28 號
|Random links:||Evolutionism (economy) | Before XIVe century in music | Zymogen | Catholic university of Brussels | Dance Handled|