The August 23rd is the 235e Jour of the Année (236e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
- 1927 : The anarchistic Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti pass on the Electric chair.
- 1939 : Signature of the Pacte Molotov-Ribbentrop of non-aggression enters the Germany and the the USSR.
- 1942 : 14th Panzerdivision reaches the the Volga in Rynok, northern suburbs of Stalingrad.
- 1954 : The Upper House of the Indian Parlement receives its name in Hindi: the Rajya Sabha (in Hindi राज्यसभा) or the Council of the States .
- 1967 : Edge Tho and Hoa An is attacked by the troops North-Vietnameses.
- 1990 : Saddam Hussein requires the departure of the Western Ambassade S with the Kuwait.
- 2006 : The American sprinter Justin Gatlin is suspended for eight years of any sporting event due to doping
- 1623: Stanisław Lubieniecki, Polish astronomer. († May 18th 1675)
- 1719: Pierre Pepper, Agronomist and Botanist French († January 6th 1786).
- 1740 : Ivan VI of Russia, Tsar of Russia of 1740 with 1741 († 1764)
- 1741: Jean-François of Perugia, exploring French (D. 1788)
- 1754: Louis XVI, King de France († January 21st 1793).
- 1766 : The count Johann Centurius von Hoffmannsegg, Botanist, entomologist and German Ornithologist , († December 13rd 1849).
- 1769 : Georges Vat, paleontologist and Naturalist French († May 13rd 1832).
- 1776 : Josef Hoëné-Wronski, philosopher and scientific free - Polish († August 8th 1853)
- 1829: Moritz Cantor, German mathematician . († April 10th 1920)
- 1852: Arnold Toynbee, British economist († March 9th 1883)
- 1854: Moritz Moszkowski, type-setter Polish († March 4th 1925)
- 1864: Eleftherios Venizelos, Greek political personality († March 18th 1936)
- 1900: Ernst Krenek, type-setter states-unien of Austrian origin († December 22nd 1991)
- 1912: Gene Kelly, actor states-unien († February 2nd 1996)
- 1922: Roland Dumas, French politician
- 1923: Edgar F. Codd, data processing specialist († April 18th 2003)
- Ephraim Kishon, Israeli writer († January 29th 2005)
- Robert Solow, American economist, Nobel Prize 1987
- Madeleine Riffaud, heroin of the resistance, corresponding poetess, Journalist and of French war
- 1925: Robert Mulligan, realizer of American cinema
- 1929: Vera Miles, actress states-unienne
- 1930: Michel Rocard, French political personality
- 1932: Houari Boumédiène, president of the Republic of Algeria († December 27th 1978).
- 1934 : Barbara Eden, actress states-unienne
- 1936: Pierre Hériaud, old directing Agricultural credit
- 1947: Keith Moon, singer and beater of the Who († September 7th 1978)
- 1949: Jacques Weber, actor, realizer and scenario writer French
- Noor of Jordan, born Elizabeth Najeeb Halaby, widow of the king Hussein of Jordan
- Akhmad Kadyrov, President of the Chetchnia († May 9th 2004)
- 1952: Klaus-Dietrich Flade, German spationaut
- Andreas Floer, German mathematician, (Homology of Floer) († May 15th 1991)
- David A. Wolf, American astronaut
- 1963: Park Chan-wook, South Korean realizer.
- 1964 : Johan Bruyneel, Belgian racing cyclist.
- 1965 : Roger Avary, realizer and American scenario writer.
- 1966 : Rik Smits, player of Basketball Dutch.
- 1970 : To rivet Phoenix, actor states-unien († October 31st 1993)
- 1978: Kobe Bryant, American player of basketball
- 1980: Julian Casablancas, singer, author and type-setter of the American group The Strokes
- 1981: Carmen Luvana, American pornographic actress
- 1984: Manual Carizza, Argentinian player of Rugby
- 93 : Julius Agricola, general Roman. (° July 13rd 40)
- 634: Abou Bakr (or Abû Bakr or Aboubéker), first Caliph of the Islam, 632 with 634. (° Ca 573)
- 1305: William Wallace, Scottish patriot
- 1806: Charles Augustin Of Coulomb, officer, engineer and physicist French. (° June 14th 1736)
- 1832: Johann Georg Wagler, German zoologist . (° March 28th 1800)
- 1857: Carl Ludwig Koch German Naturalist . (° September 21st 1778)
- 1893: Michał Elwiro Andriolli, painter, Draftsman and Illustrator Polish. (° (November 2nd or November 14th 1836)
- 1914: Remy Himmer, Industrial, French. (° July 12th 1849)
- 1926: Rudolph Valentino, Actor Italy N. (° May 6th 1895)
- 1927: Rene Poupardin, historian Médiéviste French, specialist in the Early middle ages. (° February 27th 1874)
- Bartolomeo Vanzetti, anarchistic militant italo - American. (° June 11th 1888)
- Nicola Sacco, anarchistic militant italo - American. (° April 22nd 1891)
- 1937: Albert Roussel, Type-setter French. (° April 5th 1869)
- 1957: Eugene Schueller, head of undertaking, founder of the company L'Oreal. (° March 20th 1881)
- 1987: Didier Pironi, speedboat racing driver and French. (° March 26th 1952)
- 1997: Jean Poperen, Politician French. (° January 9th 1925)
- 2006: Wolfgang Priklopil, sadly celebrates to have removed Natascha Kampusch. (° May 14th 1962)
- 2007: Leif Hamre, 93 years, Norwegian writer . (° August 9th 1914).
- international Journée of the memory of the treats négrière and of sound abolition (UNO)
Holy catholic of the day
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 23 Be-X-old: 23 жніўня Fiu-vro: 23. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 23 augustus Simple: August 23 Zh-yue: 8 月 23 號
|Random links:||Guilly (Loiret) | Rite Maronite | Pierre Danos | Mélissa Theuriau | Bad Saulgau|