the éphéméride | All on August and 2006
- Cuba: Fidel Castro yields temporarily the capacity to his/her brother Raul Castro, following an surgical operation.
Wednesday August 2nd 2006
Thursday August 3rd 2006
Friday August 4th 2006
- Uganda: the Uganda rebels accept a Cessez-le-feu.
- Lebanon Israeli Bombardment on the city of the Lebanon ease of Baalbek.
- Cosmodrome de Baïkonour: success of the launching of the satellite Hot Bird 8 by the launcher Proton M/Breeze Mr.
Saturday August 5th 2006
- Sweden: stop of several nuclear reactors.
- Closure the world first Outgames with Montreal, in the province of Quebec, with the Canada.
- has Gaza, 11 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli army (AFP, Reuters) According to Human Rights Watch, some strike Israeli are " crimes of guerre" (AFP)
Sunday August 6th 2006
Monday August 7th 2006
- Steve Jobs presents Keynote to MacWorld of San Francisco
Tuesday August 8th 2006
- 8 died in Lebanon in the village of Ghaziye beside Saida under a shooting of Israeli aviation. A family of 7 people (parents and 3 older children from 2 to 10 years as well as the large parents) and the girl (5 years) of the neighbor.
Wednesday August 9th 2006
- Death of the physicist and American astronomer James Van Allen
Thursday August 10th 2006
- the British police force announces to have thwarted a project of terrorist attacks aiming at exploding 10 planes.
- the United States: following the arrests in the United Kingdom, George W. Bush made a short speech where it was a question of a war always of topicality vis-a-vis the “islamist fascists” and who “would be to make an error to believe that the country is not threatened”.
Friday August 11th 2006
- France: launching of the rocket ARIANE 5 since the Space center of Kourou, in Guyana, which places on orbit Japanese telecommunications satellite JCSAT 10 and the military telecommunications satellite Syracuse 3B.
Saturday August 12th 2006
- the Safety advice approves the cease-fire in Lebanon.
- PC is 25 years old: August 12th, 1981, IBM launched a new machine, the IBM 5150, an innovation which was going to give rise to the market of the " computers personnels" and to involve a revolution.
Sunday August 13rd 2006
- Case of avian flu confirmed in the Netherlands.
Monday August 14th 2006
- Two journalists of Fox News kidnapped in Gaza
Wednesday August 16th 2006
- the chief of the Québécois Bloc Gilles Duceppe is shown to support the Hezbollah by the ambassador of Israel to the Canada, Alan Baker, after having taken part in a walk for peace with the Lebanon with Montreal. (Radio operator Canada)
- Lebanon: Establishment of a cease-fire in the south of the Lebanon on proposal and acceptance of UNO. The Lebanese army re-occupies the south of the country after 40 years of foreign occupation.
- the international astronomical Union must meet the August 24th 2006 to decide numbers Planet S (between 9 and 12) in our Solar system by considering the Astéroïde (1) Cérès orbiting in the Ceinture of asteroids between Mars and Jupiter, the satellite of Pluton Charon and, Astre orbiting beyond Pluton are planets.
Friday August 18th 2006
- After another false alarm with the bomb, a British civil aircraft started from London and travelling towards the Egypt is posed urgently with the airport Italy N of Brindisi.
- the Gouvernement Cuba in is said ready to defend oneself vis-a-vis an American invasion following the hospitalization of Fidel Castro.
Tuesday August 22nd 2006The Médaille Fields was allotted to four mathematicians: Wendelin Werner (France), Grigori Perelman (Russia), Terence CAT (Australia), Andrei Okounkov (Russia).
Wednesday August 23rd 2006
- an Austrian young person named Natascha Kampusch, and 18 years old, captive for 8 years in the house of its kidnapper, has succeeded in fleeing.
Thursday August 24th 2006
- Astronomy: the Solar system counts nothing any more but 8 Planets. The 26e congress of the international astronomical Union withdrew Pluton list of the stars which can be regarded as planets.
Friday August 25th 2006
Zh-min-nan: 2006 nor 8 goe̍h Zh-yue: 2006 年 8 月
|Random links:||Convection | GEDCOM normalizes | District of Shunde | Priboj (Vladičin Han) | Pedro Horrillo | Palais_de_Schönbrunn|