The August 13rd is the 225e Jour of the Année (226e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
339: Prohibition of the Jewish marriages between and Christian.
- 1099 : Election of the pope Pascal II
- 1704: With the Battle of Höchstadt, during the War of succession of Spain, the Grande Alliance gains a decisive victory and the French are pushed back on the other side of the the Rhine while the Bavaria is occupied.
- 1715 : Signature with Versailles of a friendship and Commercial treaty enters the France and the Perse, in particular envisaging the establishment of a consulate of Perse to Marseilles, main port of trade with the East.
- 1792 : The king of France Louis XVI is interned with the prison of the Temple.
- 1800 : Beginning of the development of the Civil code French
- 1855: present its new method of production of the Acier
- 1889: William Gray deposits a patent for a public Téléphone functioning with coins.
1953 : A seism in the Greek islands makes more than 1000 dead.
- 1956 : Promulgation by Habib Bourguiba of the code of the personal status in Tunisia.
- 1960 : independence of the Central African Republic
- 1961: Beginning of the construction of the Berlin Wall.
- 1965 : The US Marine Body lance an operation of massive reprisals to the Vietnam with 76 missions anti SAM (ground-to-air missiles). But the results remain non-existent: no target is touched and five apparatuses are cut down, seven are damaged, two pilots died.
- 1968 : Alexandros Panagoulis planned the assassination of the Greek dictator G. Papadopoulos without success.
- 1976 : Eruption of the volcano of the Sulfur mine in Guadeloupe.
- 1984 : Signature of the agreements of Oujda between the colonel Kadhafi and the king of Morocco Hassan II. Tripoli engages with cease supporting the Front Polisario, ELPS and the other independence entities of the the Western Sahara.
- 1986 : Law Léotard. Creation of CNCL (National Commission of the communication and freedoms) naming the presidents of the audio-visual one.
- 1990 : The France sends a warship in the Golfe.
- 1996 : Arrest of Marc Dutroux and her accomplices.
- 1655 : Johann Christoph Denner, inventor of the Clarinet.
- 1811 : Domingos Jose Gonçalves de Magalhães, doctor, professor, diplomat, politician, writer and Brazilian poet († July 10th 1882).
- 1814 : Anders Jonas Ångström, Astronomer and Physicist Swedish († June 21st 1874).
- 1858 : Victor Proven, French artist († February 15th 1943).
- 1869 : Tony Garnier, French architect († January 19th 1948).
- 1872 : Richard Willstätter, chemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1915, inventor of the Chromatography († August 31st 1942).
- 1899 : Alfred Hitchcock, scenario writer († April 29th 1980).
- 1902 : Felix Wankel, German engineer in automobile mechanics († October 9th 1988).
- 1905 : Litri (Manual Báez Gómez), Spanish Matador († February 18th 1926).
- 1912 :
- El Salvador E. Luria, Nobel Prize of physiology and medicine in 1969 († February 6th 1991).
- , golfor († July 25th 1997).
- 1918 : Frederick Sanger, British biochemist , Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1958 and 1980.
- 1926: Fidel Castro, Head of State of Cuba.
- 1942 : Robert L. Stewart, American astronaut.
- 1945 : Daniel Bourquin known as Nunusse, Swiss saxophonist.
- 1948 : Kathleen Battle, Soprano American.
- 1956 : Kofi Olomide, Zairean singer.
- 1963 : Edouard Michelin, engineer and industrialist French († May 26th 2006).
- 1967 : Amélie Nothomb, Belgian writer.
- 1970 : Alan Shearer, British footballer (England).
- 587: Radegonde, queen of France and holy of the Catholic church (° towards 513)
- 1810: Jacques François Menou, general French (° September 3rd 1750).
- 1826 : Rene Laennec, French, inventive doctor of the Stethoscope (° February 17th 1781).
- 1863 : Eugene Delacroix, painter French (° April 26th 1798).
- 1896 : John Everett Millais, British painter (° June 8th 1829)
- 1912: Jules Massenet, type-setter French of the operas (° May 12th 1842)
- 1917: Eduard Buchner, German chemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1907. (° May 20th 1860)
- 1934: Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Spanish Matador (° June 6th 1891).
- 1946 : H.G. Wells, British writer (° September 21st 1866).
- 1959 : Henri Garat, French actor (° April 3rd 1902).
- 1984 : Tigran Petrossian, Russian player of failures (° June 17th 1929).
- 1995 : Pierre-Jakez Hélias, Breton writer (° February 17th 1914).
- 1996 : António de Spínola, soldier and politician Portuguese (° April 11th 1910).
- Tunisia: National day of the Woman
- international Day of the left-handed
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Radegonde of Poitiers (+ 587), queen and founder of the monastery of Holy-Cross.
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 13 Be-X-old: 13 жніўня Fiu-vro: 13. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 13 augustus Simple: August 13 Zh-yue: 8 月 13 號
|Random links:||Mayo-Boneye | Arcabas | Madeleine de Puisieux | Holy-Euphémie-on-River-of-south | Chichicastenango|