The August 12th is the 224e Jour of the Année (225e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1271 : Crown Philippe III King de France.
- 1499 : Victoire of the Turks on the Venetian fleet with Sapienza (Italy).
- 1512 : The English fleet destroys 25 French buildings in the port of Brest.
- 1530 : The armies of Charles Quint restore Florence with the Médicis
- 1687: The duke of Lorraine and Louis de Bade beat the Turks Soliman II with the battles of Mohács and Hungary, Croatia and Transylvania drive out them. The Hungary becomes a hereditary possession of the Habsbourg.
- 1765 : In India, Robert Cleaves sign a treaty thanks to which it Great Britain obtains the collection of the taxes to the Bengal, in Orissa and with the Bihar.
- 1813 : Declaration of war of the Austria to the France.
- 1825 : The “Libertador” Simon Bolivar Palacios becomes the first President of the Republic of Bolivia.
- 1850 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Jose Dámaso Rodríguez there Rodríguez known as “Pepete”, Spanish Matador.
- 1851 : Invention of the Sewing machine by the New Yorkean machinist Isaac Merrit Singer.
- 1877 : Asaph Hall discovers Déimos.
- 1909: Inauguration of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway of Indianapolis with an automobile race which finishes in tragedy (several deaths, of many wounded pilots) because of the coating of the track.
- 1944 : Release of the town of Nantes
- 1949: Paul Driven, on torture in the French colonies, titrates in fat in Christian Témoignage : “NOT, NOT THAT! ”.
- 1953 : The the USSR explodes its first Bombe H.
- 1960 : NASA lance the first telecommunications satellite: Echo 1
- 1977: First coasting flight of the Space shuttle Undertaken states-unienne
- 1978: China and Japan: signature of a friendship and peace treaty
- 1981: Setting on sale of IBM PC.
- 1985 : Crash landing of a Boeing 747 in Japan: 520 dead
- 1987: Inauguration of longest the Bridge of world (37,5 km) between the islands Japan eases of Honshū and Shikoku.
- 1992 : Decision to create ALENA by Canada, the United States and Mexico.
- 1999 : Demolition of the building site of the Mac Donald's of Millau by a group led by Jose Bove.
- 2000 :
- 1762: George IV († June 26th 1830), king of the United Kingdom (1820-1830).
- 1774 : Robert Southey, British writer († March 21st 1843).
- 1807 : George Busk, Surgery N, zoologist and British paleontologist († August 10th 1886).
- 1866 : Jacinto Benavente there Martinez, Nobel Prize of literature in 1922.
- 1881: Cecil B. DeMille, American scenario writer († January 21st 1959).
- 1883 : Marion Lorne, American actress († May 9th 1968).
- 1887 : Erwin Schrödinger, Nobel Prize of physics in 1933 († January 4th 1961).
- 1889 : Eleazar Sukenik, Archeologist Israél IEN. Professor with the Hebraic University of Jerusalem. († February 28th 1953).
- 1897 : Otto Struve, American astronomer of Russian origin († April 6th 1963).
- 1912 : Samuel Fuller, realizer of American cinema († October 30th 1997).
- 1914 : Shine Mariano, singer of operetta Spanish
- 1926: Sammy Davis Jr, singer states-unien
- 1943: Jean-Pierre Talbot, single actor of the role of Tintin
- 1947: Jirō Taniguchi, Mangaka Japan board
- 1949: Mark Knopfler, British and Julien Lepers, stimulating guitarist TV
- 1950: Creole Kid, singer of Canadian rock'n'roll
- 1951: Charles E. Brady, Jr., American astronaut († 2006)
- 1960: Thierry Desroses, French actor
- 1971: Pete Sampras, American tennis player
- 1972: Rebecca Gayheart, American actress
- 1975: Casey Affleck, American actor
- 1977: Iva Majoli, champion of tennis
- 1981: Djibril Cissé, French footballer
- 1274 : Olivier de Termes (° about 1200), cross
- 1484: Francesco Della Rovere (° July 21st 1484), pope under the name of Sixth IV, of the August 9th 1471 until its death in 1484.
- 1827 : William Blake, artist and British poet (° November 28th 1757).
- 1857 : William Conybeare geologist and British paleontologist (° June 7th 1787).
- 1861 : Eliphalet Remington, arms manufacturer and American merchant of weapons (° October 28th 1793).
- 1900 : Wilhelm Steinitz, first official world champion of failures (° May 14th 1836).
- 1901 : Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld, the exploring Arctic Finnish (° November 18th 1832).
- 1928 : Leoš Janáček, organist and Czech type-setter (° July 3rd 1854).
- 1955 : Thomas Mann, Nobel Prize of literature in 1929 (° June 6th 1875).
- 1955 : James Batcheller Sumner, biochemist, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1946 (° November 19th 1887).
- 1961 : Salah Ben Youssef, Tunisian politician (° 1907)
- 1964: Ian Fleming, British novelist , father of James Bond (° May 28th 1908).
- 1982 : Henry Founded, actor states-unien (° May 16th 1905).
- 1988 : Marguerite Marie-Jose Mathieu, European linguist
- 1989: William Shockley, Nobel Prize of Physics in 1956, inventor of the Transistor (° February 13rd 1910).
- 1992 : John Cage, American type-setter (° September 5th 1912).
- 1999 : Jean Flag, Canadian politician (° February 18th 1916).
- 2000 : Serge Lebovici, French psychiatrist (° 1915).
- 2001 : Pierre Klossowski, writer and draftsman French (° 1905).
- August 12th in sport
- August 12th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 12 Be-X-old: 12 жніўня Fiu-vro: 12. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 12 augustus Simple: August 12 Zh-yue: 8 月 12 號
|Random links:||Aleta | Recordable compact disk | Oval Lagure | Séris | Palate of Topkapı | Port of Halifax|