The August 11th is the 223e Jour of the Année (224e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
843: The Traité of Verdun devotes the division of the empire of Charlemagne between its three grandsons, the three wire of Louis the Piles: Charles the Bald person receives the West, Louis Germanic the Is, and Lothaire, to which falls the imperial title, the center.
- 878: The pope Jean VIII, driven out at the same time by the Buckwheats the Roman and clerks, comes to ask of the Western assistance in Francie for. He opens a council with Troyes, to which the princes balk to go.
- 1239 : The king Saint Louis accommodates with Villeneuve-the Archevêque the Crown of spines of Christ, for the conservation of which he undertook the construction of the the Ste Chapelle.
- 1492 : Election of the pope Alexandre VI.
- 1792 :
- 1896 : An episode of Canicule to New York makes 200 victims; the temperature reached 45,5°C.
- 1932 : the Angelus of Jean-François Millet is lacerated stabs with the Louvre.
- 1934 : Helene Boucher beats the female record speed in the plane with 428 km/h.
- 1941 : Signature of the Charter of the Atlantic by the US president Franklin Delano Roosevelt and British the Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- 1943 : The draftsman Al Taliaferro creates Grand-Mère Donald.
- 1952 : Hussein becomes king of Jordan.
- 1954 : Proclamation of peace enters the France and the Vietnam.
- 1960 : The Chad obtains independence.
- 1966 : Alternative of Francisco Will rivet Pérez known as “Paquirri” Spanish Matador.
- 1976 : 17 Blacks are killed and 50 wounded at the time of " désordres" in the suburbs of the Cape, South Africa. Usual scene at the time of the Apartheid.
- 1979 : Two planes Tupolev 134 of Aeroflot are crashent with Donetsk (Soviet Union), their 178 passengers and team members perish.
- 1986 : In France, the helicopter Lynx increases the world speed records in altitude to 400 km/h
- 1987: The France and the the United Kingdom send minehunters in the Persian Gulf to protect the tankers.
1999 : total Eclipse of sun, which traverses Europe (Great Britain (Cornouailles), north of France, Belgium, south of Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania) then Asia (Turkey, Iran, south of Pakistan and India). (see solar Eclipse of August 11th, 1999)
- 1799 : Joachim Barrande, geologist and paleontologist French († October 5th 1883)
- 1809: Nikolaï Muravyov-Amursky, statesman and diplomatic Russian (a determining role in the Russian expansion of Empire to the coasts of the ocean Pacifique played) († November 30th 1881).
- 1818 : Maria Mitchell, astronomer.
- 1837 : Sadi Carnot, president of the French Republic († June 25th 1894)
- 1850: Albert Adamkiewicz, doctor germano - Polish († October 31st 1921)
- 1858: Christiaan Eijkman, physiologist, Nobel Prize of physiology and medicine in 1929
- 1877: Francis Aupiais, member of the colonial Academy of Science French († 1945)
- 1897: Enid Blyton, British novelist († November 28th 1968), specialized in the literature for children
- 1901: Luigi Corbellini, Italian painter
- 1924: Boris Karlov, Bulgarian accordionist
- 1926: Aaron Klug, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1982
- 1927: Stuart Rosenberg, American realizer
- 1930: William O' Neill, American Politician , Governor of the Connecticut of 1980 with 1991. († November 24th 2007).
- 1945 : Dominique Perben, French politician
- 1946: Patrick Bouchitey, French actor
- 1947: Qualities Schloder, German player of hockey.
- 1950 : Steve Wozniak, American data processing specialist, Co-creator of Apple
- 1957: Ines of Fressange, French mannequin
- 1961: Frederick W. Sturckow, American astronaut
- 1974: Kira Kener, American actress of charm
1464 : Nicolas de Cusa, philosopher and man of the church
- 1494: Hans Memling, Flemish painter (born towards 1430)
- 1872: Andrew Smith, Doctor - Military and British zoologist (° 1797)
- 1890: John Henry Newman, British ecclesiastic
- 1909: Cheche (Jose Marrero Bez), Mexican Matador (° March 19th 1870).
- 1956 : Jackson Pollock, American painter (° January 28th 1912).
- 1973 : Karl Ziegler, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1963 (° November 26th 1898).
- 1974 : Jose Falcón (Jose Carlos Frita Falcao), Matador Portuguese (° August 30th 1944).
- 1980 : Paul Robert, lexicographer and editor French (° October 19th 1910)
- 1981: Valentine Tessier, French actress (° August 5th 1892)
- Pauline Lafont, French actress (° April 6th 1963)
- Anne Ramsey, American actress (° September 1st 1929)
- Jacques Yerna, Belgian trade unionist (° November 24th 1923)
- Herb Brooks, American trainer (° August 5th 1937)
Good festival with
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Suzanne of Rome (+ 295-296), martyrdom
- Géry de Cambrai (+ towards 625), bishop
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Niphon of Constantinople (+ 1508), patriarch
Beats-smg: Rogpjūtė 11 Be-X-old: 11 жніўня Fiu-vro: 11. põimukuu päiv Nds-nl: 11 augustus Simple: August 11 Zh-yue: 8 月 11 號
|Random links:||Constant of Meissel-Mertens | Old people's home of Évêché | Kelly Hu | Johann Christoph Pezel | Ecological reserve Tapani|