Astro, the small robot
It was also adapted in cinematographic version in 1964, it was the 4th feature-length film of Osamu Tezuka.
SynopsisIn the year 2003, the world is covered by the Technologie and the Science, and the Robot S live in company with the men. With the Japan, sizeable Doctor Tenma is a dominant figure of sciences, and contributed to the modernization of the country. One day, his/her only son, Tobio, is made kill in an car accident. Taken despair and not being able to accept this loss, Tenma decided to make build a robot with the image of his/her son in order to replace it, and was provided with super-capacities so that it is not any more victim of some accident. Although new Tobio humanized and developed the heart of a human boy, Tenma realized that a robot could never replace his/her son after it realized that it would never grow like a true child. It rejected it, disavowed it and sold it with a circus robots whose director was very cruel towards the artists. But Tobio was collected by a scientist, professor Ochanomizu, who took it under his wing and decided to make of him a Super-héros, famous Astro, which will fight for peace, justice and the tolerance in a world where the robots are often objects of Discrimination by the human ones.
- Volume 1 10 1996 Glénat
- Astro (alias Tetsuwan Atomu alias Astro Servant boy): a super-robot which was built with the effigy of Tobio, the son deceased of Doctor Tenma. Rejected by this last, it was sold with a circus and was found by professor Ochanomizu, who took it under his wing and formed it as superman defendant of the Earth, humanity and the harmony between men and robots. Astro is able to fly by engines in its legs, has a colossal force coming from an engine of 100.000 horses (gone up with 1.000.000 horses thereafter), is provided with a machine-gun in its behind, can start a destroying laser beam by its finger, can transform its arm into laser gun even more destroying and can project beams of light plugging through its eyes.
- Professor Ochanomizu (alias professor Caudrine alias Doctor O' Shay): an old Japanese scientist with the large nose, professor Ochanomizu is an idealist who fights for peace and harmonizes between robots and human. Acting like appears paternal towards Astro, it is always at its sides to help it and repair it. Its name means " water of the" in Japanese and is also the name of a station subway in Japan.
- Doctor Tenma (known as Doctor Umatarô Tenma or Doctor Nagamiya Tenma, alias Doctor Balthus alias Doctor Boynton alias Doctor Peabody): the creator of Astro. Doctor Tenma was a large Japanese scientist, among the best in robotics. Neglecting his family, her Tobio son committed suicide in an car accident. Not being able to accept this loss which disturbed its mental equilibrium, Tenma created a robot with the image of his/her son to replace it, and gave him super-capacities so that it can be protected from misfortunes. Tenma ends up noticing that it could not like a robot like a son, especially due to the fact that Tobio-robot did not grow. Rejecting, Tobio-robot finishes in a circus but ends up returning in the world like Astro. Since, Tenma acts in the shade to help Astro or arrange on some dark intentions with the profit of the robots. Its name means " horse of the cieux" in Japanese.
- Shunsaku Round of applause (alias Higeoyaji alias Uncle Moustache alias Wally Kisagiri alias Professor Morse): the professor of school of Astro, a squat man bald person equipped with a large white moustache. Describing itself like Tokyoïte of third generation, he is also private detective at his free hours (see for example its role in Metropolis and many other works of Tezuka). Round of applause is always ready to lend strong hand to Astro, making use of its talents of investigator and its knowledge in martial arts.
- Uran (alias Zoran ): the little sister of Astro. She was built by professor Ochanomizu in order to increase the family of Astro. Uran is an immature little girl sometimes bitch sometimes real tomboy, but always with the good intentions. She has an engine of 100.000 horses, but without the other capacities of Astro. Its name is an abbreviation of Uranium.
- Cobalt : the young brother of Astro. It was built by professor Ochanomizu whereas Astro had disappeared, and the authorities needed a robot in its kind to go to defuse a bomb. Cobalt, resembling Astro although larger and thin, is however not also intelligent and skilful only his/her brother.
- Tamao (alias Halejo): the classmate of Astro. Sometimes small, bearing glasses and cap, Tamao is the intello class and is made maltreat by his/her comrades. It is a human good friend of Astro.
- Shibugaki (alias Abercrombie): the classmate of Astro. Brutish lout of the class, it often seeks the brawl and Tamao is often its victim. Finally, it will end up softening and will be side of Astro with Tamao.
- Kennichi (alias Kennedy alias Ken): the nephew of Shunsaku Round of applause. It is a boy loving the animals and which for becoming detective like his uncle.
- Inspector Tawashi : the Japanese police inspector. Right man and integrates, Tawashi is frequently found against and with Astro. Its name means " eagle of the rizière" in Japanese.
- Police chief Makimura : the police chief of the Japanese police force. Small man grassouillet, it has evil to affirm his authority and is often made travel by the high-speed motorboat by Tawashi.
- Skunk Kusai : a cruel local gangster, Skunk Kusai specializes in all breakages downtown, and Astro is always able to stop it. " Skunk" mean " Mouffette " in English and " Kusai" mean " puant" in Japanese.
- Kinsankaku : an international gangster specializing in the traffic of machines until the illegal exploitation of natural resources. It is always made confront by Astro. Its name means " Triangle of Gold " in Japanese.
- Atlas : a clone of Astro equipped with a " factor omega" who makes it malefic.
- Blue Knight (alias the Blue Knight): a robot in blue armor of knight who fights for the freedom of the robots oppressed by the human ones. He wants to create Robotania, a country only populated robots. Its not very orthodoxe means oblige Astro to intervene.
- Scara : an extraterrestrial woman resulting from a race of Grasshopper S humanoïdes giant. It fell on the Earth with Astro at the time of a voyage in the space which has turned out badly. Naive and surface (its character is founded on Scarlett O' Hara of Gone With The Wind ), it causes many embarrassment with Astro.
- Ham Egg : the cruel director of the circus which exploited Astro there. He became a member of the underworld thereafter.
- Astro Servant boy: Shinsen-gumi
:Astro Servant boy: Hero off Space
:Astro Servant boy of Eric Leighton
:Astro Servant boy of Genndy Tartakovsky
- 1963 : Astro Servant boy . First Japanese animated series.
- 1984 : Astro, the small robot . Remake colors.
- 2003 : Astro Servant boy 2003 . Remake. Cartoon created in the honor of the fictitious birth of Astro the April 3rd 2003.
- Gilles Legardinier, Astro Servant boy, T1 First mission , Pocket Youth, 09/2005
- Astro Servant boy Saves the Universe Range (2004). Published by Briarpatch, from 2 to 4 players for one duration of sets of 20 Minutes.
- 2005 : Astro Servant boy on Playstation 2. Play of adventure directed action by the Sonic TEAM
- 2005: Astro Servant boy: Omega Factor on Game Boy Advance. Set of platforms directed Beat' EM all of Treasure Co. Ltd
- Official site
Zh-min-nan: Goân-chú Sió-kim-kong
|Random links:||Raphaël or Discharged | Insani Kamil | National university of Zaire | Laurent Laurent | House of Châteaudun | Canal_de_Göta|