The inhabitants are called Artenaysiens .
GeographyThe city is located into full Beauce, with twenty kilometers in the north of Orleans and to 90 km in the south of Paris.
- has 10: Paris - Tours
- has 19: Courtenay - Artenay (brought into service about 2009)
- NR 20: Paris - Orleans (via Artenay)
- NR 154: Rouen Artenay
Localities and variations
Chevilly Trinay Ruan Bucy the King (with drunk the king here)
- Madam de Montespan had there the manor of Auvilliers with gardens drawn by Ours.
- Louis Blériot made the first flight between two cities between Toury and Artenay in 1908.
Its schoolThere is an elementary school on the commune of Artenay: a nursery school of 4 classes (2004-2005) and an elementary school of 7 classes (2004-2005). 50% of manpower come from the common neighbors: Dambron, Bucy-the-King, Baigneaux, Trinay, Poupry, Lion Beauce and Ruan.
- Saint-Victor Church of XIIe century
- Windmill built in 1848, restored in the Seventies. It functions still, but only with teaching goal. ;
- Museum of the open theater, also comprising a gallery of archeology. The museum is installed in an old farm, said " Firm of Paradis" , refitted by the architects Horned Vincen and Benoit Crépet in 1994.
EconomyThe commune, beauceronne, remain primarily agricultural.
- the Sucrerie belongs to the group Tereos, second world sugar bowl in 2005. It produces nearly 60.000 tons of sugar per annum (2005). The sugar co-operative goes back to 1928 and was initially a distilling. The sugar refinery itself was created in 1953. It employs 270 people (2005).
- parochial Registers and of civil statue since:
- genealogical Examinations:
- municipal Deliberations since:
Of azure to the bar of mouths bordered of money, charged with three besants with same, accompanied as a chief by a busy sheep and by a sheaf by corn, the money whole also.
- Common of Loiret
- official site of the city
|Random links:||PolÃtica de Montserrat | Rumesnil | Magic d' Orlando | Boscotrecase | Dillenburg | Branchiopoda (phylogenetic classification) | Liste_de_personnes_de_Gallois|