Arrow of the Jura
Flèche of the Jura is a Locomotive brought into service in 1937 following an initiative of the newspaper Impartial the, La Chaux-de-Fonds, aiming at developing the connections by rail between the clock making metropolis and the remainder of the Suisse.
For this purpose, under the terms of a contract concluded the March 15th 1937 between the Foundation from the Arrow of the Jura, represented by two administrators of the daily newspaper of the Chaux-de-Fonds, Misters Albert Rais and Guido Essig, and the federal Railroads Swiss, the latter are transfered to give an amount of 172.000 francs. The CF were then committed using this railcar to offer connections accelerated in the schedule of the regular races on the lines La Chaux-de-Fonds - Bienne, La Chaux-de-Fonds - Neuchâtel and La Chaux-de-Fonds - Locle. In homage to the foundation, it carried the inscription “Arrow of the Jura” painted in yellow.
The railcar rolled in the Jurassic Arc until in 1954. It was then brought into service on various lines of the CF, initially on that known as of the “Tonkin”, between Saint-Maurice and Bouveret, then on secondary lines of Eastern Switzerland. Lastly, it made the shuttle between the station of Rorschach and that of the port of the same name. It was delivered to scrap in 1977.
|Random links:||Giant panda | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club | Canton of Castle-Renault | Complex Desjardins | Waxweiler | No-hitter|