Armed forces of the federation of Russia
The armed forces of the federation of Russia (in Russian ВооружённыеСи́лыРосси́йскойФедера́ции) were born on May 7th 1992, by a Presidential decree Boris Eltsine, who placed all the forces of the Soviet ex- armed present on the Russian territory , under the command of the new Russian ministry of defense. From Article 87 of the Constitution, the President of the Federation of Russia (currently Vladimir Poutine) is the Commander-in-chief supreme Armed forces.
With 1 130 000 soldiers in the active service, it is the larger fourth Armée with the world, for a budget estimated at 413,7 billion roubles, that is to say 23,6 billion dollars in 2006. The Russia is also, one of the five countries recognized officially like having the Nuclear weapon, it is besides it which have vastest and the most powerful nuclear arsenal in the world.
In the Soviet organization, the ministry for Defense had an administrative role, the command of the troops being ensured by the chief of the general staff. However, the minister ensures more and more, the effective command of the armed forces.
Ministers for the Defense of the Federation of Russia:
- of 1992 with 1996: Pavel Grachev
- of 1996 with 1997: Igor Rodionov
- of 1997 with 2001: Igor Sergeyev
- of 2001 with 2007: Sergei Ivanov
- since the 2/15/2007: Anatoly Serdyukov
Chief of the general staff:
- current: general Colonel Yury Baluyevsky
The armed forces are divided into three large branches:
- the terrestrial forces According to IISS Balances Soldier 2007, the terrestrial forces Russia has three divisions blindee, sixteen divisions of motorized fusiliers and six divisions mitralleuse artillery.
- air forces VVS (Voénno Vozdouchnyé Sily) gathering the old anti-aircraft force the regular minutes (Protivo Vozdouchneieie Voiska)
- the Russian Navy
There exist also three independent services:
- the strategic troops of missiles
- the airborne troops
- space troops (VKS)
These troops are divided into six military districts:
- the North-Caucasus
- the Volga and the Ural (It included the 15th Brigade of motorized fusiliers, which took part in the Exercise Normandy-Nieman 07 in April 2007 with the 1st brigade mechanized)
- the Far East
The military doctrines of the Federation of Russia are inherited the reform organized by Mikhaïl Frounze at the end of the years 1920: a permanent popular army intended to protect the country from the external aggressions. Since 2005, these doctrines are in the course of revision under the authority of the general Makhmout Gareev. The threats would not be any more the armies counter-revolutionaries but:
- the instability of certain States torn by ethnic conflicts * element B
- and the military adventurism of the United States in the search of energy resources.
The new Russian military doctrines, adopted on April 21st, 2000, multiplying the references to the crisis of the Kosovo, abundantly evoke the whole of the factors which caused the degradation of perceptions that the Russian persons in charge have of the Occident. Nevertheless, the Chetchnia and instabilities in the southern periphery of Russia are also present in the doctrines. And various elements, in this text as in the policy now implemented by the the Kremlin, make it possible to relativize the idea according to which Russia returned to anti-Western postures.
Manpower and recruitmentsThe number of recruitment of committed reaches only 17% of the objective laid down by the government in the area of Moscow and 45% in North the Caucasus.
On the whole of the territory, nine young people out of ten manage to avoid the obligatory Conscription, whose Vladimir Poutine reduced the duration by 24 to 12 months in 2006.
the terrestrial forces
The Russian Army gathers the armor-plated troops, the motorized fusillers, artillery and the troops known as special (information, transmissions, genius, fight NBC, etc).
the air force VVS
Placed under the command of the general Colonel Alexandr Zelin
the Russian Navy
Placed under the command of the Admiral Vladimir Sergueievich Visochki, it is divided into four fleets:
- the Fleet of the Baltic
- the Fleet of the Peaceful
- the Fleet of the northern
- the Fleet of the Black Sea
strategic Troops of missiles
Component ground of the deterrent power
the space Forces
Whose principal spots are the anti-missile fight and the collection of information by means of reconnaissance satellites.
the airborne Troops
Placed under the command of the general Colonel Valeri Evgenevich Evtouhovich
the reduction and the modernization of the nuclear arsenal. It is in particular envisaged of ammener with 13 the number of SNLE with arrived of new buildings and from the class Borei, the number of armies and division of the space troops will pass from 3 and 17 to 2 and 12, the number of intercontinental Ballistic missiles based with ground will pass to 208.L' air force will lay out of 75 You-95 and You-160
the purchase of new materials and the setting with the standarts of old:
new armoured tanks T-90, BMP-4 and BMD-4.
- anti-aircraft systems Thor-M1, Buk-M1-2 and S-300.
- put at standarts OVT and UBT of the Mig-29, order and evaluation of the Known-34, Known-30, Known-39, Known-35, Yak-141 and Mig-35 as of the cruise missiles X-555 (from which a specimen from a You-160 were drawn by president Putin itself).
- Maintains door plane Admiral Kouznetsov and modernization of the fleet of the cruisers.
- increase in the coverage radar with the implentation new forward-scatter Radars.
Russia has several hundreds of soldiers, tanks and plane of any kinds distributed especially in the countries of the old Soviet Union, here a list of the principal “objects” not being on its territory:
- Azerbaïdjan : radar tracking station of Darial with Gabala
- Arménie: 102ème military base in Goumri
- Bielorussia: radar tracking station the Volga and 43ème node of transmission of the navy
- Georgia: the 12th military base with Boutoumi
- Kazakhstan: 5th cosmodrome of test (attached to the base of Baïkonour), regiment of aviation independent to Koustanaï and node radiotechnology independent of the space Forces located at the Polygon of Sarishagan to Prioziorsk
- Kirghizie: air base of Kant, center of test of armament anti-submarine based with Karakol
- Ouzbékistan: air base of Karshi-Hanabad
- Tadjikistan: node Optronique of the control system of space with Hourek
- Ukraine: part of the port of Sebastopol also HQ of the Fleet of the Black Sea
- bases naval town of Tartus in Syria
ExercisesThe Russian army partcipe actively so much inside the borders (“Mobility 2004” or army maneuvers of April 2006), that abroad (“peaceful Mission 2005”, “Shield of the union 2006”)
|Random links:||List businesses revealed by connected Duck | Henrik Ibsen | Walls (Vaucluse) | Pierre Cureau of the Room | One day old chick | Patrick_McKenna|