Archimedes the tramp
SynopsisMow of the greyness Paris ienne, a tramp decides to be installed on the Riviera. Archimedes is not an ordinary tramp. It is informed, drinks muscadet wine with the breakfast and refuses to sleep under the bridges. He thus elected residence in a building whose construction was stopped. But, one morning, it is awaked by the noise of the machines: work begins again. The similar winter, Archimedes then decides to spend the bad days in prison…
- Title: Archimedes the tramp
- Realization: Gilles Grangier - assistant: Jacques Deray
- Scenario: Albert Valentine, according to an original idea of Jean Montcorge
- Adaptation of Michel Audiard, Gilles Grangier and Albert Valentine
- dialogs of Michel Audiard
- Production: Jean-Paul Guibert for Filmsonor and Intermondia Films (Paris); Pretoria Films (Rome)
- Directing of production: Claude Hauser
- Distribution: Cinédis
- Original music: Jean Podromides
- Song " My Miette" accompanied by R.Trabucco and C. Verstraten
- Assembly: Jacqueline Thiedot, assisted Colette Charbonneau
- Images: Louis Page
- Cameraman: Henri Tiquet
- Artistic director:
- Make-up: Marcel Bordenave, Yvonne Gasperina
- Decorations: Jacques Dovecote, assistants: Jacques Saulnier, Marc Frederix
- Scripte: Martine Guillou
- Managers of outside: Roger Joint, Louis Seuret
- general Manager: Eric Geiger
- assistant Manager: Philippe Modave
- Photographer of plate: Marcel Pares
- Tournage in the Eclair studios from October 29th to December 19th, 1958
- Tirage: Laboratory Flash - Recording Optiphone
- Format: Black and white - mono - 35 mm
- Sound: Pierre Calvet
- Coming out date: April 8th 1959
- Lasted: 79mn
- Kind: Comedy
- Visa of exploitation: 21352
- Jean Gabin: Joseph, Hugues Guillaume Boutier-Blainville known as: Archimedes
- Darry Cowl: Arsene, a tramp
- Julien Carette: Felix, the tramp with the dogs
- Bernard Blier: Mr. Pichon, new owner of the coffee
- Gilded Fraud: Mrs. Lucette Pichon
- Paul Frankeur: Mr. Gregoire, the former owner
- Gaby Basset hound: Mrs. Gregoire
- Jacqueline Maillan: Mrs. Marjorie
- Sacha Lighter: Jean-wolf, " Anglais" , at Mrs. Marjorie
- No5el Roquevert: the commander Brossard, with the retirement
- Guy Decomble: The chief of station of the R.A.T.P.
- Albert Dinan: The restorer
- Leonce Horn: Mr. Séraphin, the insurer
- Bernard Lajarrige: A fishmonger
- Paul Mercey: Camille, the owner of the bar
- Marine Jacques: Accustomed Mimile, one of the coffee
- Gabriel Gobin: Breton, the one accustomed of the coffee
- Gaston Ouvrard: A tramp
- Bernard Musson: The servant of Mrs. Marjorie
- Philippe Mareuil: The dissatisfied customer
- Pierre Leproux: A man sandwich
- Marcel Fathers: A man sandwich
- François Joux: The site foreman
- Charles Bouillaud: The clerk of the prison
- Charles Blavette: The Cannes-native gendarme
- Bruno Balp: The fishmonger on the market
- Henri Coutet: A prison warder
- Hans Verner: The German consumer
- Denise Fibula: A guest at Mrs. Marjorie
- Edouard Francomme: The tramp on the market
- Jean Clears gravel: The lawyer of Archimedes
- Paul Faivre: The bearded tramp
- Paul Bonifas: The wine salesman
- Georges Lycan: The salesman of bone
- Van Doude: Christian, a guest at Mrs. Marjorie
- Jacques Dressmaker: A man sandwich
- Pierre Mirat: The workman of the gas
- Pierre Collet: The gendarme Dupont
- Jimmy Perrys: A spectator with the procession
- R. Trabucco: guide
- Verstraten: guide
- Georges Demas: A workman of the markets
- Jean Berard: Nose of ox, an agent
- Gilles Grangier: Itself buying the newspaper
- Philippe Dumat: An agent cyclist
- Gisele Grimm: A guest at Mrs. Marjorie
- Rene Combines: A guest at Mrs. Marjorie
- Rene Worms: A spectator with the procession
- Marcel Bernier: A man of the district
- Robert Draper: A man with the markets
- Albert Daumergue: A man at the restaurant
- Jacky Blanchot: An agent
- Marc Arian: A tramp
- Edy Debray: A tramp
- Lucien Camiret
- Marcel Journet
Quotation( At the edge of the Seine in front of a factory )
- (Darry Cowl) Initially for me, one will not withdraw me head which the job, it is a practice. Hold, the proof, they took it well; eux.
- (Jean Gabin) It is as if you said that the pox is a practice under pretext that there is that they it attrapent.
- Ah, I cause you job, you answer me disease, you are include/understand, besides to you.
in good faith JEAN GABIN: I do not prefer to answer you. JEAN GABIN: Hum.
DARRY COWL: You me fatigues.
JEAN GABIN: It is the word paradox which you emmerde because you do not know what that wants to say the v' there, the vérité.
DARRY COWL: Bah, which is you ace to look me like that?
DARRY COWL: Ha! Red as of the morning, I do not know how you can supporter.
DARRY COWL: You perhaps will say to me that are to you with the grenadine toi.
JEAN GABIN: In the muscadet wine, Monsieur.
DARRY COWL: There' more vrai.
has some JEAN GABIN: Goûte.
JEAN GABIN: Then!
DARRY COWL: Where you find it?
JEAN GABIN: At Wandering entertainer, street of the Key, 160 balls. Bah at this price. That is there, it still will float. Ah,' had there a long time. DARRY COWL: They at least are with the shelter là-bas.
JEAN GABIN: But what wait to you to make like them, to shelter you. You ace that to buy the daily newspapers of the evening, it is full of requests, job offers, that they call that, their traps with convicts. Good a lecture.
DARRY COWL: Where you go?
JEAN GABIN: To sleep… I will finish lunching at home!
|Random links:||Notre-Dame cathedral of Rheims | Daniel Carlsson (rally) | Maureen O' Hara | Diagram of constellation | Throwing the javelin out of Cut of Europe of the nations of athletics | Osona|