Arc-in-Barrois is located at 24 km of Chaumont (prefecture of the Haute-Marne), at 30 km of Langres and at 15km of the exit of the A5 (left Chaumont-Semoutiers). The village is a green station of holidays, village flowered ().
GeographyThe village of Arc-in-Barrois is located in the valley of the Aujon on the plate of Langres and fining bordering on the Coast-with Or. Aujon crosses Rochetaillée, Saint-Wolf-on-Aujon, Courcelles-on-Aujon, Giey-on-Aujon, Arc-in-Barrois and goes to Court-the Bishop to throw itself in the Aube. Along Aujon, on left bank with the bottom of Arc-in-Barrois, a region from arable lands called Éleux extends.
The Forêt of Arc-in-Barrois is regarded as one of most beautiful huntings for big game of France (Sanglier S, Cerf S and Chevreuil S).
- Blason_d' Arc-in-Barrois on the GeneaWiki site.
The crown points out the old statute of Marquisat of Arc-in-Barrois.
- Histoire_d' Arc-in-Barrois on the GeneaWiki site.
The village was a time a Marquisat Duché of Châteauvillain. The castle, occupied by the Burgundian ones at the 15th century was altered at the 17th century. It was finally destroyed with the Révolution. In 1629, the known village a beginning of epidemic of plague which was déclanché, says one, at the time of the passage of travellers who placed in a hotel trade of the village. At the 17th century, the village of Arc-in-Barrois was strengthened and surrounded by ditches supplied with the Aujon. The ditches were filled under the count de Toulouse and the walls shot down at the beginning of the Révolution.
The field of Arc-in-Barrois belonged in 1622 to Nicolas of Hospital, duke of Vitry, it was bought in 1679 with his/her son by the count de Morstein who yielded it in 1693 to Louis Alexandre of Bourbon, count de Toulouse. His/her son Louis Jean Marie de Bourbon, duke of Penthièvre inherited the field. Passed the pangs of the Revolution, the field was restored in 1814 with the girl of the duke of Penthièvre, Louise Marie Adélaïde of Bourbon, which had married in 1769 Louis Philippe, duke of Orleans. The girl of the latter, Adelaide of Orleans (sister of Louis-Philippe Ier), inherited and rebuilt it the current castle with the site of old. She and bequeathed it by will to her godson the prince de Joinville.
During the First World War, the castle is placed at the disposal of wounded face of Verdun.
In 1972, Arc-in-Barrois amalgamated with the commune of Aubepierre, the défusion will take place later ten years in 1982.
Places and monumentsLouis-Philippe Ier. To died from this one, in 1847, the castle returned to its godson the prince de Joinville. The castle is a private field today.
Church Martin Saint, classified gate.
Dolmens closes of Sautreuil.
- the golf of Arc-in-Barrois (9 holes, 1 putting green and 1 practice), integrated in the old park of the castle and a 3089 meters length, is traced with the turnings of Aujon in the greenery.
the company Schurter (approximately 55 paid), created in 1981, manufactures fuses and fuse holders, including for satellites.
public Old people's home.
Personalities related to the commune
- Pierre Duchâtel, born with Arc-in-Barrois worms 1480, Prelate French, large chaplain of François Ier.
|Random links:||Acetic acid | VISERA | Saint-Michel-of-Plélan | Ragouba | Friedrich Reinitzer | Cătălina Swallowhole | Croisement_d'Outerbridge|