The April 9th is the 99e Jour of the Année (100e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1241 : Battle of Legnica.
- 1555 : Beginning of the pontificate of the pope Marcel II ( Marcello Cervini ), 222e Pope of the Catholic church. (death the April 30th, after 21 days of pontificate).
- 1609 : Signature, thanks to a mediation of the king de France Louis XIV, Truce Twelve Years between the Spain and the United Provinces (Holland), which leads to a recognition in fact of the independence of those.
- 1682 : Rene Robert Cavelier of the Room takes possession of the the Mississippi in the name of the France.
- 1771 : Pierre Etienne Bourgeois of Boynes is named Secretary of State to the Navy by Louis XV.
- 1795 : Arrest of Jean-Baptiste Massieu, old appointed clergy of the Baillage of Senlis to the General states, constitutional bishop of the department of the Oise.
- 1865 : Capitulation of the Confederation at the court of justice of Appomattox, Virginia; end of the American Civil War.
- 1867 : The the United States buy the Alaska with the Russia.
- 1942 : With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Antonio Mejías Jiménez known as “Antonio Bienvenida”, Spanish Matador.
- 1991 : Independence of the Georgia.
- 1995 : With Ciudad Real (Spain), alternate of Víctor Sánchez Cerdá known as “Víctor Puerto”, Spanish Matador.
- 1757 : Wojciech Bogusławski, actor and playwright Polish († July 23rd 1829)
- 1770: Thomas Johann Seebeck, German Physicist discoverer of the Thermoelectricity.
- 1806 : Isambard Kingdom Brunel, English engineer originator of the Great Eastern († 1859)
- 1816: Charles-Eugene Delaunay, astronomer and mathematician French.
- 1821 : Charles Baudelaire, poet and writer French († August 31st 1867)
- 1835: Léopold II of Belgium († December 17th 1909), king of the Belgian of 1865 with 1909.
- 1872 : Leon Blum († 1950), Politician French.
- 1892 : Annibale de Gasparis, Astronomer and Mathematician Italy N.
- 1895 : Michel Simon, French actor († May 30th 1975).
- 1902 : Theodore Monod, naturalist, explorer, scholar and humanistic French († November 22nd 2000).
- 1903 :
- Gregory Pincus, doctor and American biologist († 1967), Co-inventor of the contraceptive pill
- Ward Jump, American Actor († 1960, 57 years)
- 1911: Alfred Coste-Floret († 1990) and Paul Coste-Floret († 1979), twin brothers, both politicians French.
- 1915 : Daniel Johnson (father), Prime Minister for Quebec († September 26th 1968).
- 1921 : Yitzhak Navon, poet and politician Israel IEN, 5th President of the State of Israel of the April 19th 1978 with the May 5th 1983.
- 1922 : Albert Weinberg, Belgian draftsman of Cartoon
- Taïeb Boulahrouf, Algerian politician.
- Albert Decourtray, archbishop of Lyon, cardinal and academician French († 1994).
- 1926 : Hugh Hefner, founder of the magazine Playboy
- 1933: Jean-Paul Belmondo, French actor of Cinema and Theater.
- 1948 : Bernard-Marie Koltès, French writer.
- 1950 : Kenneth D. Cockrell, American astronaut
- 1954: Dennis Quaid, American actor
- 1957: Andre Manoukian, composer-songwriter, arranger and musician French.
- 1959 : Alain Platel, choreographer and Belgian director .
- 1971 : Jacques Villeneuve, racing driver Canadian
- 1973: Sergei Konovalov, biathlète Russian.
- 1974 : Jenna Jameson, American actress
- 1977: Gerald Way, singer of the group My Chemical Lovesong
- 1979: Katsumi, actress porn Frenchwoman.
- 1980 : Albert Hammond Jr, American guitarist of the group The Strokes.
- 1981 : Eric Harris, student, author of the Shooting of the college Columbine
- 1987: Jesse McCartney, actor and American singer.
- 491: Zénon, Byzantine emperor
- 715: Constantin, pope
- 1024: Benoit VIII ( Theophylactus ), pope
- 1137: Guillaume X of Poitiers, count de Poitiers and duke of Aquitaine (° 1099)
- 1241: Henri II the Piles, duke of Cracow (°C. 1191)
- 1483: Edouard IV of England, king d' Angleterre (° April 28th 1442)
- 1484: Edouard de Middleham, Prince de Galles (° 1473)
- 1492: Laurent de Médicis, Italian statesman and the leader de facto of the republic florentine during the Italian Rebirth. (° January 1st 1449)
- 1553: François Rabelais, doctor and French writer of the Rebirth. (° towards 1494)
- 1557: Mikael Agricola, protesting Finnish (°C. 1510)
- 1626: Francis Bacon, philosopher English (° 1561)
- 1643: Benedetto Castelli, Mathematician Italy N, disciple of Galileo. (° 1577).
- 1654 : Matei Basarab, prince de Valachie (B. 1588)
- 1693: Roger de Bussy-Rabutin, French writer (° April 1618)
- 1739: Nicolas Saunderson, British mathematician (° 1682)
- 1754: Christian Wolf, German philosopher (° January 24th 1679)
- 1804: Jacques Necker, politician and financier French (° September 30th 1732)
- 1889: Eugene Chevreul, French chemist (° August 31st 1786)
- 1910: Vittoria Aganoor, 54 years, Italian poetess. (° May 26th 1855).
- 1936 : Ferdinand Tönnies, German sociologist (° July 26th 1855)
- 1945 :
- Wilhelm Canaries, military German (° January 1st 1887)
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, religious German (° February 4th 1906)
- Johann Georg Elser was a resistant German to the Nazism which wanted, and failed, “to prevent the war” in 1939 († in the concentration camp of Dachau).
- 1951 : Vilhelm Bjerknes, physicist and Norwegian meteorologist (° March 14th 1862)
- 1959: Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect (° June 8th 1867)
- 1961: Zog Ier, King d' Albanie (° October 8th 1895)
- 1968: Zofia Kossak-Szczucka, écrivaine, essay writer and resistant Polish (° August 8th 1890)
- 1976: Phil Ochs, singer states-unien (° December 19th 1940)
- 1991: Martin Hannett, British sound engineer (° May 31st 1948)
- 1999: Ibrahim Baré Maïnassara, political personality native of Niger (° May 9th 1949)
- 2001: Jerome Lindon, French editor (° June 9th 1925)
- 2002: Leopold Vietoris, Austrian mathematician (° June 4th 1891)
- 2007 :
- Tunisia: Celebrates martyrs
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Orthodoxe saints of the day
Beats-smg: Balondė 9 Be-X-old: 9 красавіка Fiu-vro: 9. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 9 april Simple: April 9 Zh-yue: 4 月 9 號
|Random links:||Yannick Bressan | Old Oak Common | Cuboctaèdre | Ghostriding | Laignes (river)|