The April 8th is the 98e Jour of the Année (99e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1632 : Louis XIII buys the Seigniory of Versailles to Jean-François de Gondi, archbishop of Paris.
- 1802 : Promulgation of the Legal settlement signed by Napoleon Bonaparte, First Consul, and the Pope Black and white VII.
- 1939: The king of Albania flees the invasion of his country by fascistic Italy.
- 1946 : Nationalization of EDF-GDF.
- 1961 : Dalida wife Lucien Morisse
- 1962: The French approve the Accords of Evian.
- 1971 : The first international Congress of the Roms takes place with London.
- 1977 : Exit of The Clash , 1st album of the group Punk The Clash.
- 1990 : The cycle race Paris-Roubaix is gained by the Belgian Eddy Planckaert.
- 1994 : Discovered body of Kurt Cobain in his residence of Seattle.
- 1994 : Inauguration of the Bridge of the friendship lao-inhabitant of Thailand.
- 1320 : Pierre Ier (1320-1367), known as Pierre the Dispenser of justice , king de Portugal (1357-1367)
- 1793: Karl Ludwig Hencke, Astronomer German amateur .
- 1810 : Hégésippe Moreau, writer, poet and journalist French, with Paris († 1838).
- 1815 : Andrew Graham, Astronomer Irish.
- 1818 : Christian IX, king of Denmark
- 1893: Mary Pickford, American actress
- 1911: Emil Cioran, Rumanian philosopher
- 1914: Maria Felix, Mexican actress
- 1929: Jacques Brel, singer, Belgian actor . († October 9th 1978)
- 1931: Christine Fabréga, French actress († June 11th 1988).
- 1932 : Jean-Paul Rappeneau, realizer and scenario writer French
- 1933: Jaime Ostos, Spanish Matador .
- 1938 : Kofi Annan, general ex-secretary of the the United Nations
- 1947: Pascal Lamy, senior official and French politician
- 1950: Jean-Pierre Pernaut, Journalist French
- 1962: Izzy Stradlin, 1st rhythmic guitarist of the Pink Guns.
- 1963 : Julian Lennon, 1st wire of the English singer John Lennon
- 1966: Robin Wright PEN, American actress
- 1968: Patricia Arquette, American actress
- 1979: Alexi Laiho, singer and guitarist of the group Children off Bodom, guitarist of Sinergy
- 1980: Adam Brody, American actor.
- 956: Gilbert de Chalon, duke of Burgundy
- 1143: Jean II Comnène, Byzantine Emperor (° September 13rd 1088)
- 1364: Jean II the Good, king de France (° April 16th 1319)
- 1461: Georg von Purbach, mathematician and Austrian astronomer (° May 30th 1423)
- 1492: Laurent de Médicis, known as the Splendid one ( Lorenzo di Piero de' Medici ) (° January 1st 1449)
- 1712: Pierre Grenon, ancestor of the Grenon of America (° 1646)
- 1848: Gaetano Donizetti, type-setter Italy N (° November 29th 1797)
- 1861: Elisha Otis, inventive of the Elevator (° August 3rd 1811)
- 1909: Helena Modjeska, Polish actress (° October 12th 1844)
- 1931: Erik Axel Karlfeldt, Swedish writer, Nobel Prize of literature 1918/1931 (° July 20th 1864)
- 1936: Robert Bárány, Austrian physicist, Nobel Prize of medicine 1914 (° April 22nd 1876)
- 1938: King Oliver, musician of jazz states-unien (° 1885)
- 1950: Vaslav Nijinski, Russian dancer of Polish origin (° March 12th 1890)
- 1960: Henri Guisan, Swiss general (° October 21st 1874).
- 1962 : Juan Belmonte, Spanish Matador (° April 14th 1892).
- 1973 : Pablo Picasso, Spanish painter (° October 25th 1881)
- 1981: Omar Bradley, general states-unien (° February 12th 1893)
- 1984: Pyotr Leonidovitch Kapitsa, Russian physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1978 (° July 9th 1894)
- 1992: Daniel Bovet, Italian pharmacologist of Swiss origin, Nobel Prize of medicine 1957 (° March 23rd 1907)
- 1993: Marian Anderson, American contralto. (° February 27th 1897)
- 1996: Ben Johnson, actor states-unien (° June 13rd 1918)
- 2002: Maria Felix, Mexican actress (° April 8th 1914)
- 2007: Ground LeWitt, American artist (° September 9th 1928)
CelebrationsInternational day of the Roms
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Clement d' Elpide
- Denis de Corinthe
- Gautier of Pontoise
- Julien of Saint-Augustin
- Julie Billiart (1751-1816), founder of the Institute of the sisters of Notre-Dame
|Random links:||1043 | Hindi | Jazz of Utah | Covering of credits | Saint-Fal | Capesize|