The April 6th is the 96e Jour of the Année (97e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1199 : Died, with Châlus, of the king Richard Ier of England.
- 1789 : Elections of the appointed of the Bailliage of Saint-Omer to the General states.
- 1793 : Creation of the Committee of public hello
- 1814: Abdication without condition of Napoleon.
- 1815 : Retrocession by the British of the island Bourbon with the France
- 1862: Battle of Shiloh, with the the United States.
- 1890 : Catch of Ségou; the France conquers the basin of the Niger
- 1896: Opening, with Athens, in Greece, of the first modern Olympic Games.
- 1917: Entry in war of the the United States, at the time of the First World War.
- 1930 : End of the Walk of salt, organized by Mahatma Gandhi, action of civil disobedience of exemplary mass, directed against the British capacity in India, which proves to be a decisive stage on the way of the independence of the sub-continent.
- 1944 : Gestapo of Lyon, under command of Klaus Barbie, stops the 44 children who found refuge in the house of Izieu and their seven teachers, because they are Jewish.
- 1958 : With Seville, alternate of Rafael Jiménez Castro known as “Chicuelo”, Spanish Matador .
- 1974 : The group ABBA gains the Concours Eurovision of the song.
- 1990 : the Night round , celebrates table of Rembrandt, is sprinkled of acid by one unbalanced.
- 1992 : The civil war serbo - Bosnian bursts, day of the international recognition.
- 1994 : The plane of the president Rwanda is Juvénal Habyarimana is cut down. Beginning of the genocide of the Rwanda.
- 2007 : The Park Walygator Parc opens its doors with Maizières-the-Metz close to Metz in Loraine and succeeds Walibi Lorraine, Walibi Schtroumpf and Big Bang Schtroumpf
- 570 : Childebert II, king of Austrasie († 596)
- 1483: Raphaël, painter and architect Italy N of the Rebirth. († April 6th 1520)
- 1651: Andre Dacier, philologist, librarian of Louis XV († 1722)
- 1670: Jean-Baptiste Rousseau, poet and playwright French († 1741)
- 1741: Sebastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort writer French moralist French Academician († 1794)
- 1773: James Millet, historian, economist and British philosopher († 1836)
- 1849: John William Waterhouse, British painter († 1917)
- 1890: Anthony Fokker, airframe manufacturer Dutch. († December 23rd 1939)
- 1902: Julien Torma, playwright and poet French. († 1933)
- 1904: Kurt Georg Kiesinger, German politician. († March 9th 1988)
- 1906: Virginia Hall, American secret agent. († July 8th 1982)
- 1913: Muhtar Başoğlu, Turkish herpetologist († February 21st 1981)
- 1915: Tadeusz Kantor, director, realizer, painter, writer and actor Polish († December 8th 1975)
- 1917: Leonora Carrington, painter and British novelist.
- 1927 : Gerry Mulligan, Saxophonist (baritone) of American Jazz († 1996)
- 1928: James Dewey Watson, geneticist and American biochemist Co-discoverer of the structure of DNA.
- 1929 : Edison Denisov, Russian type-setter. († November 24th 1996)
- 1937: Billy Dee Williams, American actor in the saga Star Wars.
- 1938 : Roy Thinnes, American actor (" David Vincent" in " Envahisseurs")
- 1944 : Judith McConnell, American actress.
- 1948 : Philippe Garrel, realizer and actor French.
- 1949 : Horst Ludwig Störmer, German physicist (Physical Nobel Prize of 1998).
- 1957 : Christophe Sirchis, musician and realizer French.
- 1963 : Pauline Lafont, French actress . († August 11th 1988)
- 1964: Rene Eijkelkamp, Dutch football player.
- 1965 : Frank Black, American musician, leader and founder of the Pixies.
- 1969: Ari Meyers, American actress.
- 1975 : Zach Braff, realizer, actor, scenario writer and American producer.
- 1975 : Lara Weller, Dutch model, one of the official models of Lara Croft.
- 1976 : Georg Hólm (known as Goggi ), musician Icelandic, Bass player of the group Sigur Rós.
- 1976 : Candace Cameron Bore-hole, American actress.
- 1980 : Tanja Poutiainen, Finnish alpine skier.
- 1983 : Diora Baird, American actress.
885 : Method, evangelist of the Slavic
- 1199: Richard Lion-hearted, king d' Angleterre (° September 8th 1157)
- 1362: Jacques Ier de Bourbon Goes it, military French, Connétable of France (° 1319)
- 1490: Mathias Corvin, king de Hongrie (° February 23rd 1443)
- 1520: Raphaël ( Raffaello Sanzio ), painter and architect Italy N of the Rebirth. (° April 6th 1483)
- 1528: Albrecht To last, German engraver (° May 21st 1471)
- 1590: Francis Walsingham, English spy (°C. 1530)
- 1707: Willem van of Velde the young person, Dutch painter (° 1633)
- 1795: Etienne Polverel, French politician (° 1740)
- 1803: William Hamilton, Diplomatic, antique dealer, Archeologist and British volcanologist (° December 30th 1730)
- 1829: Niels Henrik Abel, Norwegian mathematician (° August 5th 1802)
- 1838: Jose Bonifácio de Andrada E Silva, naturalist and Brazilian statesman (° June 13rd 1763)
- 1881: Philip de Malpas Grey Egerton, British paleontologist (° November 13rd 1806)
- 1905: Henry Benedict Medlicott, British geologist (° August 3rd 1829)
- 1906: Alexander Kielland, Norwegian writer (° February 18th 1849)
- 1943: Alexandre Millerand, president of the French Republic (° February 10th 1859)
- 1961: Jules Bordet, immunologist and Belgian microbiologist, Nobel Prize of medicine 1919 (° June 13rd 1870)
- 1963: Otto Struve, American astronomer of Russian origin (° August 12th 1897).
- 1971 : Igor Stravinski, Russian type-setter (° June 17th 1882)
- 1974: Willem Marinus Dudok, Dutch architect (° July 6th 1884)
- 1987: Jean-Baptiste Doumeng, French business man and Communist called " the Rouge" Billionaire;. (° 1919)
- 1991: Louis Joxe, French politician (° September 16th 1901)
- 1992: Isaac Asimov, writer states-unien (° January 2nd 1920)
- Cyprien Ntaryamira, president of the Burundi (° March 6th 1956)
- Juvénal Habyarimana, president of Rwanda (° March 8th 1937)
- 1996: Greer Garson, Irish actress (° September 29th 1904)
- 1997: Pierre-Henri Teitgen, French former minister
- Jean-Paul de Rocca Tightened, politician Corsican. (° October 11th 1911)
- Wendy O. Williams, singer states-unienne of Plasmatics (° May 28th 1949)
- Tammy Wynette, singer states-unienne of country music (° May 5th 1942)
- 2000: Habib Bourguiba, president of Tunisia (° August 3rd 1903)
- 2005: Rainier III of Monaco, prince de Monaco (° May 31st 1923)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Method of Sirmium († 885), bishop and companion of S. Cyrille, apostles of Slavic (common memory the May 11th).
Catholic saints of the day
- Guillaume d' Eskhil or of Paris († 1203), abbot.
- Michel Rua († 1910), disciple and successor of Holy Jean Bosco.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Gregoire Sinaïte († 1346), propagating monk of the practice hésychaste.
Beats-smg: Balondė 6 Be-X-old: 6 красавіка Fiu-vro: 6. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 6 april Simple: April 6 Zh-yue: 4 月 6 號
|Random links:||Efecto del Red-eye | Zosteraceae | Netcraft | Turcaret or the Financier | Fourth district of Vaucluse | Sober Buitres the ciudad|