The April 28th is the 118e Jour of the Année (119e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 614 : Transfer of Renève to Autun of ashes of the queen Brunehilde. Day in the past devoted to the memory of this woman of State.
- 1253 : Nichiren Daishonin recites publicly Nam Myoho Rengué Kyo for the first time.
- 1794 : A republican Révolution bursts in Sardinia, directed by Giovanni Maria Angioy.
- 1796 : Armistice enters the France and the Sardinia overcome á Millesimo and to Mondovi
- 1816: Creation by a law of the Deposit and consignment office, to restore the credit of the State, after the financial disorders of the First Empire.
- 1862 : Battle of Mow Cumbres, with the Mexico.
- 1923 : Inauguration of the stage of Wembley to London.
- 1924 : The French Gaston Ramon presents the anti-diphtheric vaccine .
- 1945 : Benito Mussolini and its mistress Clara Petacci is carried out by Italian partisans.
- 1969: In France, Charles de Gaulle resigns of her mandate of President of the Republic.
- 1981 : With the Mali, Amadou Toumani Touré is named ordering presidential guard by Moussa Traoré.
- 1985 : Chantal Nobel, the actress of the series Châteauvallon , is seriously wounded in an car accident with the singer Sacha Distel.
- 2005 : World exit of Guild Wars
- 32 : Othon, Roman Emperor
- 1442: Edward IV King of England († 1483)
- 1545: Yi Sun-sin, Korean admiral († December 16th 1598)
- 1630: Charles Cotton, English poet († 1687)
- 1686: Michael Brokoff, Czech sculptor († 1721)
- 1715: Franz Sparry, type-setter († 1767)
- 1758: James Monroe, 5th President of the United States of America († 1831)
- 1819: Ezra Abbot, American specialist in the New Testament († 1884)
- 1838: Tobias Michael Carel Asser, Dutch lawyer, prize winner of the Nobel Prize of Peace († 1913)
- 1870: Antonio Reverte, Spanish Matador († September 13rd 1903).
- 1888 : Jean Benoit-Levy, realizer and producer of French cinema († August 2nd 1959)
- 1889: António de Oliveira Salazar, Dictator and president of the Portuguese council of 1932 with 1968
- 1900: Jan Oort, Dutch astronomer († November 5th 1992)
- 1906: Pierre Boileau, French writer
- 1908: Oskar Schindler, Czechoslovakian industrialist who obtained the title of Juste among the Nations († 1974)
- 1930: Andre Halimi, French journalist
- 1937: Saddam Hussein Al-Tikriti, former president of the Iraq († December 30th 2006)
- 1941: AsMargret, American actress born in Sweden
- 1943: Jacques Dutronc, singer and actor French
- Gerard Majax, French illusisionist
- 1944: Jean-Claude Van Cauwenberghe, Walloon Belgian politician
- 1948: Terry Pratchett, British writer
- 1949: Jay Apt, American astronaut
- 1956: Paul Lockhart, American astronaut
- 1957: Léopold Eyharts, French spationaut
- 1960: Walter Zenga, Goalkeeper of the team of Italy of football and currently trainer.
- 1971 : Khaled Kelkal, islamist terrorist († September 29th 1995)
- 1972: Sebastien Cauet, stimulating French TV and radio
- 1973: Pauleta, is a Football or Portuguese evolving/moving at the post of center-forward to the Paris Saint-Germain. The Aigle of the Azores is the best striker of the history of the team of Portugal of football (47 goals) and is the best striker of Ligue 1 in activity (121 goals).
- 1974 : Penélope Cruz, Spanish actress
- 1981: Jessica Alba, American actress
- 1498 : Henry Percy, political personality English (° C. 1449)
- 1519: Madeleine of the Tower of Auvergne, mother of Catherine de Médicis, queen of France (° 1495)
- 1614: Marian de Martinbos, religious French, 73e abbot of Jumièges.
- 1726 : Thomas Pitt, British governor of Madras (° July 5th 1653)
- 1816: Johann Heinrich Abicht, German philosopher (° May 4th 1862)
- 1853: Ludwig Tieck, German writer (° May 31st 1773)
- 1918: Gavrilo Princip, Serb anarchist (° 1894)
- 1922: Paul Deschanel, French statesman
- Benito Mussolini, Italian dictator (° July 29th 1883)
- Clara Petacci, Italian minister of Benito Mussolini (carried out) (° February 28th 1912)
- 1954: Leon Jouhaux, French trade unionist, Nobel Prize of Peace (° July 1st 1879)
- 1960: Anton Pannekoek, astronomer and Communist militant Dutch (° January 2nd 1873)
- 1973: Robert Buron, French politician (° January 27th 1910)
- 1977: Josef “Sepp” Herberger, trainer of football (° March 28th 1897)
- 1978: Mohammed Daoud Khan, Afghan political personality (assassinated) (° July 18th 1909)
- 1990: Thomas Crétallaz, Swiss artist
- 1992: Francis Bacon, Irish artist (° October 28th 1909)
- 1999: Arthur Leonard Schawlow, American physicist, Nobel Prize (° May 5th 1921)
- 2002: Alexandre Lebed, soldier and Russian politician (° April 20th 1950)
- 2004: Patrick Berhault, French mountaineer (° July 19th 1957)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Vital and Valerie of Milan (Ier century), husband martyrs.
Catholic saints of the day
Beats-smg: Balondė 28 Be-X-old: 28 красавіка Fiu-vro: 28. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 28 april Simple: April 28 Zh-yue: 4 月 28 號
|Random links:||Patrick Rafter | List presidents of Nauru | Dodge WC-54 | Mission of the United Nations for the organization of a referendum in the Western Sahara | 341e regiment of infantry|