The April 26th is the 116e Jour of the Année (117e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1336: Birth of the alpinism with the rise of the Mount Ventoux by Pétrarque
- 1460: The Université Albertina of Freiburg-in-Brisgau - founded in 1457 by the archduke Albert VI of Austria - accommodates its first students in four traditional faculties for the medieval time : Theology, Right, Medicine and Philosophy. There were 215 inscriptions the first year.
- 1480 : Plundering of Rocheservière by an about sixty Breton riders.
- 1792 : Rouget of Lisle presents its battle song for the army of the Rhine, Marseillaise
- 1802: Amnesties French emigrants.
- 1954: The conference of Geneva begins to restore peace in Indo-China and Korea
- 1962: The space probe Ranger 4 NASA is crushed on the the Moon
- 1964: Tanganyika and Zanzibar amalgamates to form the Tanzania
- 1986: Nuclear accident with the nuclear plant of Tchernobyl, the USSR
- 1990: In China, a Earthquake makes 115 dead.
- 1992 : Second round of the presidential election to the Mali: Alpha Oumar Konaré becomes the first president of IIIe République
- 1994: First multiracial elections in South Africa.
- Jun' ichirō Koizumi of PLD becomes Prime Minister for the Japan
- First emission of TV-reality in France, Loft Story on M6.
- 2006 : Hugo Lépine leaves his post of head of the municipal political party, Capital Option with Quebec.
- 2007 : Inauguration of the Olympic flame of the OJ of Beijing.
- 1319: Jean II the Good, king of France of 1350 with 1364.
- 1573 : Marie de Médicis, born with Florence, deceased the July 3rd 1642 with Cologne, queen of France of 1600 with 1642.
- 1711 : Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont, French novelist († September 8th 1780)
- 1746: Louis-Mathias de Barral, bishop of Meaux († June 7th 1816)
- Leopold von Buch, German geologist († March 4th 1853)
- Anne Jean Marie Rene Savary, military French († June 2nd 1833)
- 1782: Marie-Amélie of Bourbon-Siciles, queen of the French († March 24th 1866)
- 1785: John James Audubon, ornithologist, naturalist and American painter († January 27th 1851)
- 1786: Louis de Potter, Belgian politician († July 22nd 1859)
- 1793: Nicolas Changarnier, general and politician French
- 1794: Jean-Pierre Falret, French psychiatrist
- 1798: Eugene Delacroix, French painter († August 13rd 1863)
- 1889: Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian philosopher († April 29th 1951)
- 1894: Rudolf Hess, dignitary of the Germany Nazi († August 17th 1987)
- 1900: Charles Francis Richter, seismologist states-unien
- 1905: Jean Vigo, French realizer, († October 5th 1934)
- 1911: Andree Tainsy, Belgian actress († December 19th 2004)
- 1912: A.E. van Vogt, American writer of Science fiction († January 26th 2000)
- Zbigniew Dłubak, painter and photographer Polish († August 21st 2005)
- Marga Höffgen, German contralto
- 1922: pol. Bury, painter and Belgian sculptor († September 28th 2005)
- 1924: Guy Môquet, resistant French shot to the 17 years age
- 1927: Robert James, French hispanist
- 1932: Lay Francis, French type-setter
- 1949: Carlos Bianchi, player of Argentinian Football of Italian origin which completes its career of player in 1985, playing post of center-forward. He becomes trainer thereafter.
- 1963 : Jet Li, Chinese actor
- 1966: Didier Gustin, humorist, French imitator
- 1970: Sebastien Folin, presenter of Television French originating in the Meeting.
- 1975 : Joey Jordison, American beater of the group Slipknot and guitarist of the group Murderdolls
- 1978: Anna Mouglalis, French actress
- 1981: Matthieu Delpierre, French footballer
- 1612 : Claude de Bellièvre, archbishop of Lyon (1604 -1612).
- 1636 : Paul Hay of Chastelet, French writer (French academician, Armchair 20) (° 1593)
- 1731: Daniel Defoe, adventurer, trading, political agent and British writer , author of Robinson Crusoé. (° October 10th 1660)
- 1852: Charles Athanase Walckenaer, Naturalist French. (° December 25th 1771)
- 1914: Eduard Suess, Austrian geologist specialist in the the Alps. (° August 20th 1831)
- 1920: Srinivasa Ramanujan, Indian mathematician
- 1980: Mario Dribbled, realizer, director of the photography, operator chief and Italian scenario writer. (° July 31st 1914)
- 1984: Count Basie, pianist, organist, and especially American leader of jazz. (° August 21st 1904)
- 1997: Peng Zhen, leading member of the Chinese Communist party. (° October 12th 1902)
- 2004: Hubert Selby Jr, American writer.
- 2005 : Maria Schell, Austrian actress (° January 15th 1926)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Basile of Piled up († 322), bishop martyr.
- Clet († towards 91), third pope.
- Riquier de Centula († 645), abbot in Picardy.
- Etienne de Perm († 1396), bishop, apostle of Zyrianes.
- Joannice de Devitch († 1430), monk and miracle-worker in Serbia.
- Palotion Saturday the 7th: Saint Fénéon be Liens - Supreme Festival Quad.
Beats-smg: Balondė 26 Be-X-old: 26 красавіка Fiu-vro: 26. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 26 april Simple: April 26 Zh-yue: 4 月 26 號
|Random links:||1089 | Harthouse (etiqueta de registro) | Marmita | Saint-Zacharie (VAr) | Paolo Maldini | Lehman Brothers | Yves Millet|