The April 24th is the 114e Jour of the Année (115e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1011 : Rodolphe III, king de Bourgogne, makes an important donation, in favor of his wife Hermengarde of Savoy, of grounds which will return finally to the future count de Savoie Humbert Ier '' to the White Hands '' (980 - 1048), probable brother of the queen.
- 1512 : Soliman, wire of the Othoman sultan Sélim Ier becomes Vali Ahad (Crown prince).
- 1585 : Election of the pope Sixth Quint.
- 1611 : The Roman College confirms to the cardinal Bellarmin that the observations of Galileo are exact.
- 1723 : Major Abraham Davel, soldier and patriot of Vaud is carried out by the Bernese ones, occupants of the Country of Vaud.
- 1792 : Composition of the national anthem French ( the Marseillaise ).
- 1916 : in Ireland, beginning of the insurrection of Easter with Dublin, it finishes the April 29th by the unconditional surrender of the insurrectionists.
- 1919 : The US president decides for an annexation of the Tirol of the South by the Italy.
- 1968 : Maurice becomes member of the the United Nations.
- 1976 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Handbook Ruíz Regalo known as “Manili”, Spanish Matador.
- 1979 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Tomás Campuzano, Spanish Matador.
- 1981 : Return to the Multi-party system without restrictions on the Senegal.
- 1985 : Exit in France of the film Terminator.
- 1990 : STS-31 : Launching of the Space telescope Hubble (HST) by NASA with the Space shuttle Discovery
- 2002 : The RPR approves the creation of a Union for the presidential majority (UMP).
- 2003 : The Minister for the social Affairs Francois Fillon announces the new plan of reform of the retirements of the civils servant. Those will have to be aligned on the private one as from 2008, with 40 years of contribution (41 years in 2020).
- 2004 : Opening of the line C of the tram of Bordeaux (France)
- inaugural Mass of the pontificate of Benoit XVI.
- Transfer of the tomb of holy Marguerite Bourgeoys of her head office to the vault Our-Lady-of-Good-Help to Montreal after a mass to the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal.
- 2007 : Announces, by the team of Stephan Udry, of the Observatory of Geneva, discovered Gliese 581 C , first Exoplanète located in the livable Zone of its star, Gliese 581, with 20,5 light-years of the Sun. It is about the first exoplanète never discovered offering conditions compatible with the appearance of the life.
- 702: Jafar have-Sadiq Arabic (, (أبوعبداللهجعفربنمحمدالصادق `abd allah Ja `far Ben muḥammad aṣ-ṣādiq) (الصادق, Authentic the ), sixth Imâm Chiite Duodécimain († September 10th 765)
- 1719: Giuseppe Baretti, writer, scholar, Playwright, Polemist, Critical arts person, Lexicographer and translator Italy N. († May 5th 1789).
- 1581 : Vincent of Paul, holy catholic († September 27th 1660)
- 1849: Joseph Gallieni, military French, Marshal of France, which left a major print on the history of the French Colonisation, († May 27th 1916).
- 1856 : Philippe Pétain, Marshal of France and French statesman († July 24th 1951)
- 1878: Jean Crotti, French painter of Swiss origin († January 30th 1958)
- 1904: Willem de Kooning, Dutch painter († March 19th 1997)
- 1918: Robert Escarpit, academic, writer and journalist French, († November 19th 2000)
- 1934: Shirley MacLaine, actress states-unienne
- 1936: Jill Ireland, British actress († May 18th 1990)
- 1942: Barbra Streisand, singer and actress states-unienne.
- 1943 : John O. Creighton, American astronaut
- Eliane Larus, French painter.
- Dominique Lavanant, French actress.
- Christine Ockrent, Belgian journalist.
- 1945 : Dick Rivers, singer of French Rock'n'roll.
- 1949 : Veronique Sanson, French singer.
- 1952 : Jean-Paul Gaultier, French dressmaker.
- 1954 : Mumia Abu-Jamal, journalist states-unien.
- 1958 :
- 1961 : Jose Touré, French footballer, called the Brazilian one.
- 1963 : Thomas Chabrol, French actor.
- 1964 : Djimon Hounsou, Benign actor ois.
- 1976 : George Prescott Bush, lawyer states-unien
- 624 : Mellitus, third Archbishop of Canterbury
- 1342: Benoit XII, pope (° 1285)
- 1622: Fidelis de Sigmaringen, holy Switzerland (° 1577)
- 1656: Thomas Fincke, mathematician and physicist Danish (° January 6th 1561)
- 1723: Abraham Davel, soldier and patriotic Of Vaud (° October 20th 1670)
- 1731: Daniel Defoe, British writer (° C. 1660)
- 1736: Prince Eugene of Savoy-Carignan (° 1663)
- 1852: Vasily Zhukovsky, Russian poet (° February 9th 1783)
- 1874: John Phillips, British geologist (° December 25th 1800)
- 1891: Helmuth Karl Bernhard von Moltke, military Prussian and German politician (° October 26th 1800)
- 1904: Friedrich Siemens, industrial German (° December 8th 1826)
- 1917: Abel Botelho, Portuguese writer (° September 23rd 1855)
- 1917: Florentino Ballesteros, Spanish Matador (° January 11th 1893).
- 1924 : G. Stanley Hall, psychological states-unien (° 1844)
- 1938: George Grey Barnard, sculptor states-unien (° May 24th 1863)
- 1942: Karin Boye, écrivaine Swedish (° October 26th 1900)
- 1942: Lucy Maud Montgomery, écrivaine Canadian (° November 26th 1874)
- 1945: Ernst-Robert Grawitz, German physicist (° June 8th 1899)
- 1947: Willa Cather, écrivaine states-unienne (° December 7th 1873)
- 1960: max von Laue, German physicist, prize winner of the Nobel Prize of physics (° October 9th 1879)
- 1964: Gerhard Domagk, German bacteriologist, prize winner of the Nobel Prize of medicine (refused) (° October 30th 1895)
- 1967: Vladimir Komarov, died Soviet cosmonaut on board Soyuz 1 (° March 16th 1927),
- 1974: Bud Abbott, actor and comic states-unien (° October 2nd 1895)
- 1980: Alejo Carpentier, cuban writer (° December 26th 1904)
- 1986: Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor (° June 19th 1895)
- 1993: Oliver Tambo, South-African political personality (° October 27th 1917)
- 2001: Leon Sullivan, militant states-unien of the civic rights (° October 16th 1922)
- 2004: Estée Lauder, pionnière in the production of cosmetics. (° January 7th 1908)
- 2005: Ezer Weizman, seventh president of the State of Israel (° June 15th 1924)
- 2005: Fei Xiaotong, Chinese sociologist (° November 2nd 1910)
- Day of the memory of the Armenians victims of the genocide of 1915.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Beuve and Dode of Rheims (7th century), abbesses.
- Elisabeth d' Héraclée (+ 6th century), miracle-worker in Thrace.
- Mellit of Canterbury (+ 624), abbot in Rome then 1st bishop of London and archbishop of Canterbury.
- Sabas of Rome († 272), martyr.
- Joseph de Maramuresh († beginning 18th century), bishop.
Beats-smg: Balondė 24 Be-X-old: 24 красавіка Fiu-vro: 24. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 24 april Simple: April 24 Zh-yue: 4 月 24 號
|Random links:||Gecko leopard | Conformation | 1984 in science | BMW R1150 | Piero Pisenti|