The April 21st is the 111e Jour of the Année (112e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
753 av. J.C: Legendary date of the foundation of Rome by Romulus.
1 to 1900
- 1146 : Council of Chartres assembled at the time of the Holy war. Pierre Worthy the is invited to assist to with it by holy Bernard, but it could not go there.
- 1526 : Victoire of Bâbur to the First battle of Pânipat.
- 1728 : Jean-Jacques Rousseau abjures the Protestantisme.
- 1792 : France declares the war in Austria. Prussia declares the war in France under the terms of the austro-Prussian agreement of February 16th.
- 1792 : Decree project on the general organization of the state education presented to the constituent Assembly by Condorcet.
- 1836 : Battle of San Jacinto: the Texans revolt against the Mexico and gain their independence.
- 1895 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Juan Gómez de Lesca, Spanish Matador.
- 1928 : Exit with the Denmark of the Passion of Jeanne d' Arc film of Carl Theodor Dreyer. (France: October 25th 1928)
- 1938: First publication of the newspaper of Spirou.
- 1944 : The right to vote is granted to the Femme S in France
- 1943: Creation of the
- 1960 :
- Birth of the orthodoxe Faith bahá' íe at Washington DC, the United States.
- New capital for the Brazil: Brasilia.
- 1961 :
- 1967 :
- Putsch of the Greek generals with Athens. Eight years beginning of dictatorship.
- France: duel with the foil enters the deputies Gaston Defferre (socialist) and Rene Ribière (gaullist), showing the “victory” of the first (a estafilade inflicted with its adversary).
- 1986 : Separation of the group Telephone
- 1997: France: Jacques Chirac announces that it dissolves the National Assembly.
- 2002 : France: First turn of the presidential election. Jacques Chirac (5 665.855 votes, 19,88%) and Jean-Marie Le Pen (4 804.713 votes, 16,86%) is qualified with the second turn. The socialist candidate , Lionel Jospin, is eliminated (4 610.113 votes, 16,18%). This first turn is regarded by far as a great political shockwave, a candidate of Extrême right-hand side reaching for the first time in the French history to the second turn of a presidential election; this event is commonly called besides “April 21st, 2002”.
- 2005 : Spain: the deputies authorize the homosexual couples to marry.
- 2007 : The Olympique Lyonese gains a sixth consecutive title of Champion of France of football of Ligue 1… national and European record for a major Championship of the continent! Moreover Lyon establishes a record of precocity while being crowned at 5 days of the end.
- 1753 : Jean-Baptiste Attic, French politician, appointed of the Third state of the Seneschalsy of Riom to the General states. († March 26th 1838).
- 1771 : Népomucène Lemercier, French poet († June 7th 1840)
- 1774: Jean-Baptiste Biot, physicist and mathematician French († February 3rd 1862)
- 1785: Charles de Flahaut, soldier and diplomat French († September 2nd 1870), wire illegitimate of Talleyrand and itself illegitimate father of the duke of Morny
- 1816: Charlotte Brontë, British woman of letters († March 31st 1855)
- 1828: Hippolyte Taine, French historian († March 5th 1893)
- 1837: Fredrik Bajer, Danish political personality, Nobel Prize of peace 1908 († January 22nd 1922)
- 1838: John Muir, naturalist and American writer († 1914)
- 1848: Francis Charms, journalist, diplom., high position., man polishes. and French academician († January 4th 1916)
- 1864: max Weber, German sociologist († June 14th 1920)
- 1875: Andre Siegfried, historian, geographer and academician French († March 28th 1959)
- 1896: Attila Hörbiger, Austrian actor († April 27th 1987)
- 1907: Tino Rossi, French singer († September 26th 1983)
- 1912: Marcel Camus, French realizer († January 13rd 1982)
- 1915: Anthony Quinn, American actor of Mexican origin († June 3rd 2001)
- 1920: Bruno Maderna, Type-setter and Italian Leader († November 13rd 1973)
- 1926: Elisabeth II of the United Kingdom
- 1940: Souleymane Cissé, scenario writer Malian
- 1947: Iggy Pop, singer and American actor
- 1948: Gino Strada, Italian surgeon
- Aleksandr Laveykin, Soviet cosmonaut
- Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Belgian realizer
- Tony Danza, American actor
- 1958: Andie MacDowell, American actress
- 1959: Robert Smith, singer British, leader of the group The Cleans.
- 1980 : Vincent Lecavalier, player of hockey, team Lightning de Tampa Bay
- 748: Genshō, empress of Japan (° 680)
- 1073: Alexandre II, pope
- 1109: Anselme of Canterbury, Archbishop of Canterbury (° 1033 or 1034)
- 1112: Bertrand of Saint-Gilles, count de Toulouse and of Tripoli. (° v. 1065).
- 1142 : Pierre Abélard, philosopher and theologist French (° 1079).
- 1329 : Ferry IV of Lorraine, duke of Lorraine (° April 15th 1282)
- 1352: Boleslas III the Spendthrift, duke of Silesia (° March 23rd 1291
- 1509: Henri VII, king d' Angleterre (° January 28th 1457)
- 1551: Nobuhide Oda, samurai (° 1510)
- 1557: Petrus Apianus, German mathematician (° April 16th 1495)
- 1574: Cosme Ier of Tuscany, large-duke of Tuscany (° June 12th 1519)
- 1652: Pietro della Valle known as Pellegrino , Exploring adventurer and Italy N of the 17th century. (° April 2nd 1586).
- 1699 : Jean Root, French writer (° December 21st 1639)
- 1718: Philippe of Hire, mathematician and historian French (° March 18th 1640)
- 1720: Antoine Hamilton, French writer (° 1646)
- 1730: Jan Palfijn, Flemish doctor-surgeon (° November 28th 1650).
- 1793 : John Michel, British geologist (° 1724)
- 1852: Ivan Nabokov, general Russian (° March 11th 1787)
- 1869: Hermann von Meyer, German paleontologist (° September 3rd 1801)
- 1900: Alphonse Milne-Edwards, zoologist French (° 1835).
- 1910 : Mark Twain, American writer (° November 30th 1835).
- 1912 : Bram Stoker, Irish writer author of Dracula (° November 8th 1847)
- 1918: Manfred von Richthofen, the “ Baron Rouge ”, the ace of the German army (° May 2nd 1892)
- 1938: Muhammad Iqbal, poet and Moslem Indian philosopher (° November 9th 1877)
- 1945: Walter Model, German marshal (° January 24th 1891)
- 1946: John Maynard Keynes, British economist (° June 5th 1883)
- 1965: Edward Appleton, English physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1947 (° September 6th 1892)
- 1971: François Duvalier, president d' Haïti then dictator (" Life president "). (° April 14th 1907)
- 1973: Arthur Fadden, 13th Prime Minister of Australia (° April 13rd 1894)
- 1980: Alexandre Oparin, Russian biochemist (° March 2nd 1894)
- 1985: Tancredo Firns, president of Brazil (° March 4th 1910)
- 1990: Erté, French designer (° September 23rd 1892)
- 1996: Djokhar Doudaïev, Chechen president (° February 15th 1944)
- 1996: Robert Harrowing, French tycoon of the press (° January 31st 1920)
- 2003: Nina Simone, pianist and American singer (° February 22nd 1933)
- 2005: Feroze Khan, hockey player on Pakistani grass. (° September 9th 1904)
- 2007: Jules Sbroglia, international footballer French
Celebrated saint: Holy Anselme
“ With the saint-Anselme, last flowers sows ”
- “ Such time with the saint-Anselme, such time during one week ”
Beats-smg: Balondė 21 Be-X-old: 21 красавіка Fiu-vro: 21. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 21 april Simple: April 21 Zh-yue: 4 月 21 號
|Random links:||Patrick de Gayardon | Park Custom | Jim Paek | Poul Petersen | Highway A1 Dutchwoman|