The April 20th is the 110e Jour of the Année (111e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
1534 : Jacques Cartier, which was put at the head to find the road of North to reach the India S without passing by the long one and perilous road of the South, starts from Saint-Malo with two small buildings, and the support of the king François Ier, with the research of the passage. Failing this, he will discover the Canada and the Labrador.
- 1789 : Elections of the appointed of Artois to the General states with Arras.
- 1792 : Reading of the Report/ratio on the general organization of the state education presented to the constituent Assembly by Condorcet.
- 1814 : Good-byes of Napoleon to the imperial Guard in the court of the white horse of the Castle of Fontainebleau, departure for the isle of Elba.
- 1887 : Affaire Schnaebelé, a French police superintendent is removed by German police officers, which carries out the two countries at the edge of the war.
- Pierre and Marie Curie insulates the Radium.
- the first exposure of Art nouveau opens its doors with Paris.
- 1912 :
- the ship Carpathia makes its entry in the port of New York with the 703 survivors of the Titanic.
- Inauguration of the " Fenway Park " of Boston (Residence of Red Sox of Boston, MLB).
- 1828 : the explorer Rene Caillié enters to Tombouctou. He will be the first not-Moslem to return from the city.
- 1940 : The American engineer of Russian origin Vladimir Zworykin makes a demonstration of sound Electron microscope, which can enlarge the objects 100.000 times.
- 1949 : The World congress of the Partisans of Peace, with Paris, of the World council of Peace.
- 1960 : Inauguration of Brasilia.
- 1972 : The Orion module of the mission Apollo 16 is posed in the middle of the lunar mountains .
- 1980 :
- 1986 : With Málaga (Spain), alternate of Jose Miguel Delgado Stream known as “Joselito”, Spanish Matador.
- 1990 : First of a series of ten representations of Starmania in Soviet Union.
- 1992 : Opening of the World Fair of Seville by the king Juan Carlos of Spain.
- 1995 : Transfer of ashes of Pierre and Marie Curie to the the Pantheon of Paris
- 1646 : Charles Plumier, botanist and traveller French († 1704)
- 1739: William Bartram, American naturalist († 1823)
- 1745: Philippe Pinel, French psychiatrist († October 25th 1826)
- 1786: Marc Seguin, engineer and inventor French († 1875)
- 1798: William Edmond Logan, Canadian geologist
- 1808: Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte (Napoleon III) († January 9th 1873)
- 1824: Peter Martin Duncan, British paleontologist
- 1868: Charles Maurras, journalist, essay writer, politician and poet French († November 16th 1952)
- 1889: Adolf Hitler, Politician and Führer of the Third German Reich († April 30th 1945)
- 1890: Maurice Duplessis, Prime Minister for Quebec († September 7th 1959)
- Jacques Chastenet ( Jacques Chastenet de Castaing ), historian, diplomat, journalist and academician French († 1978)
- Joan Miró, painter and Spanish sculptor († December 25th 1983)
- Harold Lloyd, American actor
- 1895: Henry de Montherlant, French writer
- 1900: Fred Raymond, Austrian author of operettas
- 1908: Lionel Hampton, American musician
- 1913: Irene Joachim, soprano Frenchwoman
- 1923: Tito Puente, very popular American musician of Latin music. († May 31st 2000)
- 1945: Gregory Olsen, American space tourist
- 1946: Julien Poulin, actor and actor Québécois
- 1949: Jessica Lange, American actress.
- 1950 : Alexandre General and politicking Lebed , Russian († 2002)
- 1951: Luther Vandross, American drunk singer († July 1st 2005)
- 1955: Donald Pettit, American astronaut
- 1962: Anna Galore, French novelist
- Wouter Van Bellingen, Flemish politician
- Carmen Electra, actress, mannequin, and American singer
- 1194 : Odon de Poznań, duke of Large-Poland
- 1313: Boleslas II of Mazovie, Polish duke of Mazovie
- 1314: Clement V ( Bertrand de Got ), pope (°C. 1264)
- 1671: Daniel Hay of Chastelet, French writer (French academician, Armchair 37) (° October 23rd 1596)
- 1759: Georg Friedrich Haendel, German musician naturalized British (° February 23rd 1685)
- 1769: Pontiac, chief of the tribe Outaouais (° 1714)
- 1820: Arthur Young, British farmer , member of the royal company of London (° September 11th 1741)
- 1862: Pepete (Jose Dámaso Rodríguez there Rodríguez), Spanish Matador (° December 11th 1824)
- 1872: Ljudevit Gaj, writer and Croatian politician.
- 1883 : Wilhelm Peters, zoologist and an Exploring German (° April 22nd 1815)
- 1885: Gustav Nachtigal, exploring German (° February 23rd 1834)
- 1912: Bram Stoker, Irish writer (° November 8th 1847)
- 1932: Giuseppe Peano, Mathematician Italy N (° August 27th 1858)
- 1947: Christian X of Denmark, king de Danemark and of Iceland (° September 26th 1870)
- 1962: Paul Ernest Bilkey, Canadian Journalist (° January 26th 1878).
- 1991 : Gift Siegel, realizer states-unien (° October 26th 1912)
- 1994: Jean Carmet, French actor (° July 25th 1920)
- 2001: Maurice Lauré, high-civil servant and fiscalist French (° 1917)
- 2001: Giuseppe Sinopoli, leader and Italian type-setter (° 1946)
- 2002: Francis Lemarque ( Nathan Korb ), French type-setter (° November 25th 1917)
- 2002: Pierre Rapsat, composer-songwriter and Belgian singer (° May 28th 1948)
- 2004: Lizzy Draper Descloux, French singer (° 1956)
- Michael Fu Tieshan, 76 years, Chinese bishop, chief of the “official Church” of China (° November 3rd 1931).
- Mokhtar Latiri, 81 years, engineer and senior official Tunisia N (° 1926)
1992 - Benny Hill, British comedian (B. 1924)
- 1993 - Cantinflas, Mexican comedian and actor (B. 1911)
- 1996 - Christopher Robin Milne, his off A.A. Milne (B. 1920)
- 1999 - Señor Wences, Spanish ventriloquist and comedian (B. 1896)
- 2001 - Giuseppe Sinopoli, Italian conductor and to compose (B. 1946)
- 2002 - Alan Paves, American singer (B. 1925)
- 2003 - Ruth Hauls, American playwright and actress (B. 1908)
- 2003 - Bernard Katz, German-born biophysicist, container off the Nobel Prize of medicine (B. 1911)
- 2005 - Fumio Niwa, Japanese writer (° November 22nd 1904)
CelebrationsInternational day of the Man
- the official site
Tafsut N Imazighen: The Berber Spring
- Serv (Breton first name)
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Theodore Trichinas (4th-5th century), monk with Constantinople.
- Marcellin d' Embrun († 374), bishop.
Catholic saints of the day
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Gabriel de Bielostok († 1690), battered child.
- April 20th in sport
- April 20th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Balondė 20 Be-X-old: 20 красавіка Fiu-vro: 20. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 20 april Simple: April 20 Zh-yue: 4 月 20 號
|Random links:||Dash | Cnemaspis removed | Laurent of Belgium | The Reed Sisters | Martignat|