The April 17th is the 107e Jour of the Année (108e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1521: Martin Luther is excommunicated
- 1524: Giovanni da Verrazano reaches bay of New York
- 1861: The Virginia makes secession of the the United States.
1905 : Deliberations on the project and the private bills concerning the separation of the Church and the State, National Assembly
of France (House of Commons), 15ère meeting, Lira in line
- 1927: With Murcie (Spain), alternate of Joaquín Rodríguez Ortega known as “Cagancho”, Spanish Matador.
- 1941 : Second world war: The Yugoslavia goes to the Germany
- 1955: April 17th is proclaimed day of gratitude for the action of the pope (Pie XII) during the war by the Union of the Jewish communities of Italy.
- 1956 : Dissolution of the Cominform
- 1960: With alternative Valence (Spain), of Paco Camino, Spanish Matador
- 1961: The invasion missed by Cuba ( the Bay of the Pigs ) begins
- 1967: Creation of the Popular movement of the Revolution, sole party of the Democratic republic of Congo, then Zaire, with the Proclamation of the Saddle
- 1969: Alexander Dubček, first secretary of the Communist party of the Czechoslovakia is deposited
- 1970: Apollo 13 returns on ground.
- 1975 : The Kampuchea falls to the hands from the Khmer Rouge
- 1982: Ottawa (Canada) - the queen Elisabeth II of the United Kingdom proclaims the “repatriation” of the Canadian Constitution of 1982 ( the Canadian charter of the rights and freedoms ).
2003 : The National Assembly of transition from the Burundi adopts with a vast majority (128 votes for, 3 against and 26 abstentions) a law, many deferred time, which represses the war crimes, the Crimes against humanity and the Génocide.
- 1278 : Michel VIII Paleologist, Co Byzantine Emperor († 1320)
- 1750: Nicolas-Louis François de Neufchâteau, poet and academician French († 1828).
- 1794 : Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius, Botanist and a German explorer († 1868).
- 1837 : John Pierpont Morgan, financier, collector of art and American philanthropist († 1913).
- 1842 : Maurice Rouvier, French Politician († 1911)
- 1863: Constantin Cavafy, Greek poet († 1933).
- 1885 : Karen Blixen (alias Isak Dinesen ) Danish woman of letters († 1962).
- 1894 : Nikita Khrouchtchev, Soviet politician and First secretary 1958 - 1964. († September 11th 1971)
- 1895: Antonio Locatelli, Aviator, Politician, writer, Journalist, painter and Draftsman Italy N. († June 27th 1936).
- 1897 : Thornton Wilder, American playwright. († December 7th 1975)
- 1909: Alain Poher, French politician († 1996).
- 1911 : Herve Bazin, French writer. († February 17th 1996)
- 1912: Marta Eggerth, Hungarian actress.
- 1918 : William Holden, American actor. († October 16th 1981)
- 1919: Gilles Lamontagne, Canadian Politician
- 1920: Edmonde Charles-Roux, French writer.
- 1923 : Jacques Sternberg, Franco-Belgian author of Science fiction († October 11th 2006)
- 1927: Graziella Sciutti, Italian professional singer.
- 1938 : Perrette Pradier, French actress.
- 1940 :
- 1942 : Katia Kraft, French volcanologist († 1991)
- 1946: Michele Richard, singer and Québécois actress .
- 1948 : Jan Hammer, type-setter and Czech actor.
- 1950 : Gerard Schivardi, French political personality
- 1952: Patrick Roy, stimulating French of radio and television. († February 18th 1993)
- 1955: Chantal Bertouille, Belgian political woman of French language.
- 1959 : Sean Bean, British actor .
- 1972 : Jennifer Garner, American actress.
- 1975 : Victoria Beckham, British singer .
- 487: Proclos, Greek philosopher (° 412)
- 1080: Harald III of Denmark, king de Danemark (° 1041)
- 1427: Jean IV of the Brabant, duke of the Brabant (° June 11th 1403)
- 1574: Joachim Camerarius Old the, German scholar (° 1500)
- 1695: Sor Juana, Mexican writer
- 1696: French Madam de Sévigné ( Marie of Rabutin-Chantal ), écrivaine (° February 5th 1626)
- 1711: Joseph Ier of the Holy roman Empire, Germanic Roman Emperor (° July 26th 1678)
- 1761: Thomas Bayes, British mathematician
- 1764: Johann Mattheson, German type-setter (° September 28th 1681)
- 1790: Benjamin Franklin, politician, inventor, diplomatic states-unien (° January 17th 1706)
- 1821: Jean-Pierre Louis de Fontanes, writer and politician French (° March 6th 1757)
- 1843: Samuel Morey, inventive states-unien (° October 23rd 1762)
- 1891: Alexander Mackenzie, second Prime Minister of Canada (° January 28th 1822)
- 1936: Charles Ruijs de Beerenbrouck, Dutch Prime Minister (° February 1st 1873)
- 1942: Jean Perrin, French physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1926 (° September 30th 1870)
- 1960: Eddie Cochran, rocker states-unien (° October 3rd 1938)
- 1967: Red Allen, trumpet player of jazz states-unien (° January 7th 1908)
- 1975: Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Indian political personality (° September 5th 1888)
- 1976: Henrik Prejudice, Dutch biochemist, Nobel Prize of medicine 1943 (° February 21st 1895)
- 1986: Marcel Dassault, engineer, contractor and manufacturer of French planes. (° January 22nd 1892)
- Reverend Ralph Abernathy, militant states-unien of the civic rights (° March 11th 1936)
- Ronald Evans, American astronaut (° November 10th 1933)
- 1994: Roger Wolcott Sperry, neurobiologist states-unien, Nobel Prize of medicine 1981 (° August 20th 1913)
- 1998: Linda McCartney, photographer and musician states-unienne (° September 24th 1941)
- 1999: Ralph Messac, journalist and lawyer French (° September 8th 1924)
- 2003: Robert Atkins, doctor and nutritionnist states-unien (° October 17th 1930)
- 2003: Earl King (in), type-setter author and guitarist of blues, rock'n'roll 'N roll and rythm and blues. (° February 7th 1934)
- Day of gratitude for the action of the pope (Pie XII) during the war , for the Union of the Jewish communities of Italy.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Siméon of Persia († towards 341), bishops and martyrs with 1154 companions.
- Etienne Harding († the March 28th 1134)
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Zosime de Solovki († 1478), cofounder of the Monastery of Solovki.
Beats-smg: Balondė 17 Be-X-old: 17 красавіка Fiu-vro: 17. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 17 april Simple: April 17 Zh-yue: 4 月 17 號
|Random links:||28 de abril | Public international law | Fred Dayton Lambert | Bertsulari | Bernard Coyne | Mahmoud Mestiri|