The April 16th is the 106e Jour of the Année (107e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1780: The Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität (University of Münster) (WWU) was founded with Münster (Westphalia), Rhineland-of-North-Westphalia, Germany.
- 1846 : Attack against the king Louis-Philippe Ier, made in the park of the Château of Fontainebleau by Pierre Lecomte, old keeps forest.
- 1876 : With Seville (Spain), alternate of Fernando Gómez García known as “El Gallo”, Spanish Matador.
- 1889 : Birth of Charles Chaplin, actor and British burlesque realizer born in London on April 16th, 1889 and deceased on December 25th, 1977 with Vevey, canton of Vaud, Switzerland.
- 1917 :
- First World War: With 06:00 of the morning this day, beginning of the Battle of the Way of the Ladies in the Aisne.
- Lénine returns to Saint-Petersbourg, of his exile in Finland.
- 1921 : Birth of first cheese spread in portions " The Cow which laughs ®" , patent deposited by Beautiful Leon
- 1922: Treaty of Rapallo, by which the Germany recognizes the the USSR and restores diplomatic relations with Moscow.
- 1943 : The Swiss chemist Albert Hoffmann discovers the pharmacological properties of LSD (lysergic acid diéthylamine) after an accidental ingestion.
- 1945 : Shipwreck of the Goya in the the Baltic run by the Underwater Soviet S 13, approximately 6.500 dead.
- 1955 : The word Ordinateur is invented by the professor of Philologie Jacques Perret at the request of the company I.B.M.
- 1972: Launching with Cape Kennedy of the mission Apollo 16; four days later, the Orion module will be posed on the the Moon.
- 1981 : An explosion in the Corsica air terminal of Ajaccio in , two minutes after the landing of the plane of the president Valery Giscard d'Estaing, causes a death and eight wounded.
- 1992 : Accident of the tanker “Katina P.” with Maputo (Mozambique), 60.000 tons of crude is poured in the Indian Ocean.
- 1995 : With Málaga (Spain), alternate of Javier Cop, Spanish Matador.
- 2007 : Shooting on the campus of the Virginia Tech, with the the United States, making an about sixty victims including 33 dead. This event constitutes the school Tuerie by the most fatal shooting of the history of the the United States. See Slaughter of the University of Virginia Tech.
- 840 : Louis the Piles (April 16th 778,20 June 840), emperor of Occident (814-840).
- 1660 : Sir Hans Sloane, Doctor, Naturalist and Collection nor Irish of Scottish origin († 1753).
- 1661 : Stefano Maria Legnani, known as Legnanino, painter Italy N († 1713).
- 1822 : Karl Theodor Robert Luther, German Astronomer .
- 1838 : Ernest Solvay, Chemist and a Belgian industrialist († May 26th 1922)
- 1850: Sidney Gilchrist Thomas engineer British († 1885)
- 1844: Anatole France, French writer, member of the French Academy, Nobel Prize of literature 1921. († October 12th 1924)
- 1867: Wilbur Wright, pilot, American aeronautical manufacturer and pioneer of aviation († May 20th 1912)
- 1869: Marguerite Steinheil, mistress of Felix Faure, died in 1899 in the Elysium at the time of a amorous meeting († July 17th 1954)
- 1881: Edward Frederick Lindley Wood, 1st count d' Halifax, politician
- 1891: Thanu Mahalingam, scientist and Indian philosopher British, ambassador, Viceroy of the Indies of 1926 with 1931. († 1959).
- 1889 : Charles Spencer Chaplin, actor and British realizer . († December 25th 1977)
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier, inventor Québécois, it in particular conceived the Motoneige. († February 18th 1964)
- Pierre Lazareff, French journalist
- 1908: Ray Ventura, leader and editor of French music. († March 29th 1979)
- 1916: Ted Mann, scenario writer and American producer († 2001)
- 1918: Spike Milligan, writer and actor Irish († 2002)
- 1921: Peter Ustinov, author and British actor . († March 28th 2004)
- 1924: Henry Mancini, American type-setter († 1994)
- 1929 : Erkki Pajala, Finnish actor († 1992)
- 1930: Francis Lax, French actor.
- 1931 : Transfered Silenti, actress Italian
- 1935: Bobby Vinton, American singer
- 1943: Tuula Nyman, Finnish actress
- 1945: Michel Denisot, French journalist
- 1946: Catherine Allégret, French actress
- Gerry Rafferty, type-setter and British singer .
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, player of American Basketball
- AsThérèse Badoud, auteure
- 1951: Pierre Toutain-Dorbec, photographer, painter, sculptor, journalist, French
- 1953: Jay O. Sanders, American actor
- 1954: Ellen Barkin, American actress
- 1955: Henri Large-Duke of Luxembourg
- 1956: David McDowell Brown, American astronaut († 2003)
- 1964: El Yiyo (Jose Cubero Sanchez), Spanish Matador († August 30th 1985)
- 1965: Martin Lawrence, American actor
- 1969: Olivia LED Rio, actress Brazil ienne
- 1971: Selena Quintanilla, singer texane
- 1976: Shu Qi, Taiwanese actress.
- 1978 :
- Lara Dutta, Indian actress
- Adnan Čustović, born with Mostar, footballer Bosnien. It currently evolves/moves at the station of attacker (: Royal Excelsior Mouscron)
- 1982: Boris Diaw, French basketball player
- 1985: Rhiana Griffith, Australian actor.
- 1990 : Jules Sitruk, French actor
- 1991: the sublimissime Betty, actress X
69: Othon, Roman Emperor (° 32)
- 924: Berenger Ier of the Friuli, king d' Italie
- 1118: Adelaide de Montferrat, wife of Roger Ier of Sicily
- 1160: Raimon de Montredon, old Canon of Nimes, then Archdeacon of Béziers, bishop of Agde and archbishop of Arles.
- 1687 : George Villiers, 2nd duke of Buckingham, statesman English (° January 10th 1628)
- 1689: Aphra Behn ( Aphra Johnston ), playwright English (° July 10th 1640)
- 1783: Christian Mayer, Czech astronomer (° August 20th 1719)
- 1788: Buffon, naturalist, mathematician, biologist, cosmologist, French author (° September 7th 1707).
- 1828 : Francisco Goya, Spanish painter (° March 30th 1746)
- 1850: Mrs Tussaud ( Marie Tussaud ), founder of the wax museum of London
- 1859: Alexis de Tocqueville, historian and political thinker French (° June 29th 1805)
- 1879: Bernadette Soubirous ( Marie-Bernarde Soubiroux ), holy catholic of Doors (° January 7th 1844)
- 1940: Ben Badis, President of the Association of the oulémas Moslem Algerian (° December 5th 1889)
- 1946: Arthur Chevrolet, racing driver American of Swiss origin (° April 25th 1884)
- 1947: Rudolf Höß, military German, old ordering camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau (° November 25th 1900)
- 1958: Franklin Rosalind, British chemist (° July 25th 1920)
- 1972: Yasunari Kawabata, Japanese writer, Nobel Prize of literature 1968 (° June 14th 1899)
- 1978: Lucius D. Clay, soldier and political personality states-unienne (° April 23rd 1897)
- 1978: Philibert Tsiranana, president de Madagascar (° October 28th 1912)
- 1991: David Lean, realizer and producing British. (° March 25th 1908)
- 1996: Stavros Niarchos, the last of the large Greek ship-owners. (° July 3rd 1909)
- 1997: Roland Topor, writer and draftsman French (° January 7th 1938)
- 2001: Michael Ritchie, realizer, scenario writer, producer and actor states-unien (° November 28th 1938)
- 2002: Robert Urich, actor and producing states-unien (° December 19th 1946)
- 2005: Kay Walsh, British actress, ex-wife of David Lean. (° August 27th 1911)
- 2006: Philippe Castelli, French actor (° June 8th 1926)
- 2007: Cho Seung-hui, Korean Killer of the Shooting of the University Virginia Tech (° January 18th 1984)
- Joseph, Jose
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
Profitable of Braga († 665), archbishop.
- Benevolent of Avranches († towards 570), bishop, also called S. Pair.
Beats-smg: Balondė 16 Be-X-old: 16 красавіка Fiu-vro: 16. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 16 april Simple: April 16 Zh-yue: 4 月 16 號
|Random links:||Polish legions (French Army) | Fiavè | World protection of the animals of farm | Tenkovo | Agricultural training in France of its birth at 1914|