The April 15th is the 105e Jour of the Année (106e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1589 : Martin Ruzé de Beaulieu installs in the name of Henri III Philippe Duplessis-Mornay in the load of governor of Saumur.
- 1602 : Juan of mow Cabezas Altamirano becomes bishop of Santiago of Cuba.
- 1702 : Vincent-François of Maretz is named bishop of Saint-Malo. It will remain it until its death in 1739.
- 1772 : The news Mosque of Mehmet II the Conqueror ( Sultan Fatih Mehmet Külliyesi ), with Istanbul (Turkey), rebuilt 1766 with 1771 at the request of the sultan Mustafa III (1757 - 1774), by the architect Mehmet Tahir Aga, after the destruction of that built at the 15th century by Atik Sinan at the time of an earthquake (1766), is opened with the prayer.
- 1798 : Geneva loses its independence.
- 1847 : Battle of Tourane, 2 warships French sends by the bottom the fleet of the kingdom of the Vietnam
- 1877: First flight of Helicopter of the Italian engineer Enrico Forlanini.
- 1940 : Beginning of the unloading of the task force British (13 000 men) in Norway, with Namsos and Andalsnes, in the North and the South of Trondheim.
- 1952 :
- In Bolivia, coup d'etat of Víctor Paz Estenssoro.
- First flight of the bomber Boeing B-52 Stratofortress, with the the United States.
- 1955 : Opening of the first restaurant McDonald's with Of the Plains (Illinois).
- 1983 : Opening of the complex Tokyo Disney Arises and of the park Tokyo Disneyland with the Japan.
- 1989 : 95 people perish crushed or choked against the grids of the stage Hillsborough with Sheffield (the United Kingdom) at the time of the semi-final of the Coupe of England of football opposing the teams of Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.
- 1993 : The Limoges CSP becomes the first French club of collective sport to gain the championship from Europe, in Athens, vis-a-vis Trévisans.
- 1994 : Signature of the agreements of Marrakech.
- 1999 : Abdelaziz Bouteflika becomes the 7th president of the independent Algérie.
- 2001 : With Madrid, (Spain), plaza of Mow Were windy, alternate of Rafael Rodríguez Escribano known as “Rafael de Julia”, Spanish Matador.
- 2004 : The Olympic Lyonese gains a third championship of France of L1, in spite of his defeat with the Park of the Princes vis-a-vis Paris SG 1 drank to 0 (goal of Pauleta with 6th).
- 2005 : Funeral of the prince Rainier III of Monaco, dead the April 6th 2005.
- 1452 : Léonard de Vinci, painter, Architect, Sculptor, Engineer and Italian Theorist († May 2nd 1519)
- 1684: Catherine Ire of Russia († 1727)
- 1707: Leonhard Euler, mathematician and Swiss physicist. († September 18th 1783)
- 1772: Etienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire, Naturalist French, († 1844).
- 1786 : Franklin, sailor and exploring John British. († June 11th 1847)
- 1786: Walerian Łukasiński, officer and activist Polish († January 27th 1868)
- 1793: Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve, germano-Baltic astronomer. († November 23rd 1864)
- 1797: Adolphe Thiers, historian and politician French. († September 3rd 1877)
- 1800: James Clark Ross, exploring British († 1862)
- 1812: Theodore Rousseau, painter French, († 1867)
- 1831: Eugene Dustbin, Parisian prefect († 1907)
- 1832: Wilhelm Busch, German Draftsman († 1908)
- 1843: Henry James, American writer († 1916)
- 1858: Emile Durkheim, Sociologist French († 1917)
- 1874: Johannes Stark, German physicist, Nobel Prize of physics in 1919, († June 21st 1957)
- 1894: Bessie Smith, American Singer, it was called the '' Impératrice of the Blues ''. († September 26th 1937)
- 1895: Corrado Alvaro, writer, Journalist and Poet Italy N. († June 11th 1956).
- 1900 : Wilhelm Wagenfeld, German designer († May 28th, 1990).
- 1901 : Rene Pleven, French politician († 1993)
- 1902: Chicuelo (Manual Jiménez Moreno), Spanish Matador († October 31st 1967).
- 1906 : Denis Marion, French-speaking Belgian writer (death in 2000)
- 1907: Jean Fourastié, French economist, at the origin of the expression the glorious Thirty . († July 25th 1990)
- 1912: Kim It-sung, president of the democratic Popular republic of Korea († 1994)
- 1930: Georges Descrières, French actor.
- 1930 : Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, president of the Republic of Iceland of 1980 with 1996
- 1936 : Raymond Poulidor, Cyclist French
- 1939: Claudia Cardinale, Italian Actress
- 1947: Woolly Wolstenholme, British musician, founder of the group BJH
- 1949: Alain Minc, Sociologist French
- 1950: Josiane Balasko, pseudonym of Josiane Balaskovic, Actress and French Director
- 1950: Jango Edwards, American actor installed in Europe.
- 1956: Gregory J. Harbaugh, American astronaut
- 1957: Evelyn Ashford, former American athlete, specialist in the sprint.
- 1959 : Emma Thompson, Actress and British Scenario writer
- 1962: Nawal El Moutawakil, Moroccan Athlete
- 1965: Soichi Noguchi, Japanese spationaut
- 1966: Samantha Fox, English singer.
- 1968 : ED O' Brien, British Guitarist of the group Radiohead.
- 1983 : Gwénaël Gilbert, player of Canadian tennis shoe
- 1985: Amy Reid, American actress
- 1990: Emma Watson, British Actress
- 1205 : Louis de Champagne, count de Blois and of Clermont, at the time of the Battle of Turkey-red cotton
- 1446: Filippo Brunelleschi, Italian architect (° 1377)
- 1641: Domenico Zampieri says Dominiquin, painter Italian baroque (° October 21st 1581)
- 1659: Simon Dach, Prussian poet (° 1605)
- 1704: Johann van Waveren Hudde, Dutch mathematician (° April 23rd 1628)
- 1719: Madam de Maintenon ( Francoise d' Aubigné ), second woman of Louis XIV (° November 27th 1635)
- 1754: Jacopo Riccati, Italian mathematician (° May 28th 1676)
- 1764: Madam de Pompadour ( Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson ), mistress of Louis XV (° December 29th 1721)
- 1765: Mikhaïl Lomonossov, historian and Russian Polymathe (° November 19th 1711)
- 1804: Jean-Charles Pichegru, general French revolutionist (° February 16th 1761)
- 1843: Noah Webster, lexicographer states-unien (° October 16th 1758)
- 1862: Frederick William Hope, British zoologist (° January 3rd 1797)
- 1865: Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States (° February 12th 1809)
- 1888: Matthew Arnold, British poet (° December 23rd 1822)
- 1889: Father Damien ( Joseph De Veuster ), Belgian missionary (° January 3rd 1840)
- Edward Smith, captain of the Titanic, with 1512 other victims (° January 27th 1850)
- John Jacob Astor IV, personality states-unienne, died on board the Titanic (° July 13rd 1864)
- Benjamin Guggenheim, personality states-unienne of the business world, died on board the Titanic (° October 26th 1865)
- Thomas Andrews, manufacturer of the Titanic (° February 7th 1873)
- 1927: Gaston Leroux, French writer (° May 6th 1868)
- 1938: César Vallejo, Peruvian poet (° March 16th 1892)
- 1969: Victoire Eugenie de Battenberg, queen of Spain (° October 24th 1887)
- 1967: Totò ( Antonio de Curtis Gagliardi Ducas Comneno di Bisanzio ), actor and Italian singer (° February 15th 1898)
- 1975: Richard Tells, actor states-unien (° March 24th 1910)
- 1980: Jean-Paul Sartre, writer and philosopher French, Nobel Prize of literature 1964 (refused) (° June 21st 1905)
- 1986: Jean Genet, French playwright (° December 19th 1910)
- 1989: Charles Vanel, actor and realizer French. (° August 21st 1892)
- 1989: Hu Yaobang, general secretary of the Chinese Communist party (° November 20th 1915)
- 1990: Greta Garbo, Swedish actress (° September 18th 1905)
- 1998: Pol Pot ( Saloth Sar ), dictator of the Kampuchea (° May 19th 1928)
- 2000: Edward Gorey, illustrator states-unien (° February 22nd 1925)
- 2001: Joey Cleans ( Jeffrey Hyman ), singer of the group Punk Ramones (° May 19th 1951)
- 2002: Damon Knight, writer states-unien of science fiction (° September 19th 1922)
- Padern, Padernez, Pederna, Pedernig (Breton first names)
Catholic and orthodoxe saint of the day
Catholic saint of the day
- Pierre Gonzalez de Tuy says S. Elne († towards 1246), owner of the marines.
- Holy César de Bus, priest in Avignon (+ 1607)
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Mstislav Theodore of Kiev († 1132), prince.
Beats-smg: Balondė 15 Be-X-old: 15 красавіка Fiu-vro: 15. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 15 april Simple: April 15 Zh-yue: 4 月 15 號
|Random links:||Koniakary | Rhinopharynx | Rice Ortolani | Mylene (first name) | Deutschlandradio|