The April 12th is the 102e Jour of the Année (103e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
1 to 1900
- 1365 : The treated of Guérande devotes Jean de Montfort, which becomes Jean IV, duke of Brittany provided that it lends homage to the King de France Charles V.
- 1591 : Destruction of the kingdom of Songhaï
- 1606: the king Jacques Ier founds the Union Jack like official flag of the kingdoms of Scotland and England…
- 1633: Beginning of the lawsuit of Galileo.
- 1861 : Catch of the Strong Sumter in bay of Charleston, South Carolina, by the confederated troops; beginning of the American Civil War.
- 1893 : Inauguration of Olympia, Parisian theater.
- 1980: Terry Fox plunges its artificial leg in the Atlantique to Midsummer's Day of Newfoundland, thus amorçant its “Marathon of the Hope”.
- 1981 : First flight of a American Space shuttle, Columbia
- 2006 : The murder of Joe Van Holsbeeck , old 17 years, in full rush hour at the central station of Brussels for the flight of sound Lecteur MP3 will start an agitation and a national reaction.
- 1526 : Muretus, humanistic French († 1585)
- 1550: Edward de Vere, politicking English († 1604)
- 1577: Christian IV king of the Denmark († 1648)
- 1579: François de Bassompierre, Marshal of France († October 12th 1646)
- 1713: Guillaume Thomas François Raynal, French writer († 1796)
- 1722: Pietro Nardini, Italian type-setter († 1793)
- 1724: Lyman Hall, American signatory of the Declaration of independence († 1790)
- 1726: Charles Burney, British historian († 1814)
- 1748: Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu, French botanist († 1836)
- 1777: Henry Clay, American statesman († 1852)
- 1794: Germinal Pierre Dandelin, Belgian mathematician († 1847)
- 1799: Henri Druey, Switzerland († 1855)
- 1801: Joseph Lanner, type-setter, violonist and Austrian leader († April 14th 1843), precursor of the Waltz with Strauss father
- 1849: Albert Heim, Swiss geologist
- 1869: Desired Henri Landru, criminal French. († guillotine the February 25th 1922)
- 1880: Harry Baur, actor French († 1943)
- 1884: Otto Fritz Meyerhof, German physiologist († 1951)
- 1898: Lily Pons, singer soprano American naturalized Frenchwoman. († February 13rd 1976)
- 1908: Carlos Restrepo, president of the Republic of Colombia of 1966 with 1970.
- 1924 : Raymond Barre, Politician French († August 25th 2007)
- 1932: Jean-Pierre Marielle, actor French
- 1933: Montserrat Cabals, celebrates soprano of opera Spanish.
- 1937 : Igor P. Volk, Ukrainian cosmonaut
- 1940: Herbie Hancock, American type-setter
- 1947: Tom Clancy, American novelist
- 1950: David Cassidy, actor, producer, scenario writer and American type-setter.
- 1952 : Pierre Stolze, French author of science fiction
- 1955: Jean-Louis Aubert, singer French
- Andy Garcia, American actor (born in Cuba)
- Walter Rooms, realizer Brazil IEN
- Herbert Grönemeyer, singer, pianist, and German actor
- 1957: Vince Gill, American musician
- 1961: LISA Gerrard, singer of the group Dead Edge Dance and director
- Carlos Sainz, Spanish pilot of rallys
- Art Alexakis, American musician (Everclear)
- 1964: Amy Ray, American musician (Indigo Girls)
- 1970: Nick Hexum, American musician (311)
- Mateja Kežman, Serb footballer
- Claire Danes, American actress
- Baek Kyoung-song, to grate/Korean type-setter
- Jennifer Marie Morrison, actress states-unienne
- 1981: John Drai, bass player of the group Spheric Universe Experiment
- 1982: Deen, Bosnian singer
- 1985: Hitomi Yoshizawa, Japanese singer (Morning Musume)
65 : Sénèque the Young person, philosopher and statesman Romain
- 238: Gordian Ier, Roman Emperor
- 238: Gordian II, heir to the Roman Empire
- 352: Jules Ier, 35e pope
- 1167: Charles VII of Sweden, king de Suède
- 1550: Claude of Lorraine, duke of Own way (° October 20th 1496)
- 1704: Jacques Benign Bossuet, bishop and writer French (° September 27th 1627)
- 1782: Pietro Metastasio ( Pietro Trapassi ), Italian poet (° January 13rd 1698)
- 1795: Jean-Gaspard of the Dew, general Bavarian (° April 30th 1710)
- 1817: Charles Messier, French astronomer (° June 26th 1730)
- 1902: Alfred Cornu, French physicist (° March 6th 1842)
- 1912: Ernest Duchesne, French, precursory doctor of the therapy on the Antibiotic S (° May 30th 1874)
- 1938: Fédor Chaliapine, Russian opera singer (° February 13rd 1873)
- 1945: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 32e president of the United States (° January 30th 1882)
- 1963: Kazimierz Ajdukiewicz, philosopher Polish (° December 12th 1890)
- 1971: Igor Tamm, Russian physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1958 (° July 8th 1895)
- 1975: Joséphine Baker, French-speaking singer states-unien (° June 3rd 1906)
- 1980: William R. Tolbert, Jr., president of the Liberia (° May 13rd 1913)
- 1981: Joe Louis, boxer states-unien (° May 13rd 1914)
- 1989: Abbie Hoffman, anarchistic states-unien (° November 30th 1936)
- 1989: Sugar Ray Robinson, boxer states-unien (° May 3rd 1921)
- 1997: George Wald, scientific states-unien, Nobel Prize of medicine 1967 (° November 18th 1903)
- 2001: Harvey Ball, inventor of the Smiley. (° July 10th 1921)
- 2006: Joe Van Holsbeek, Young Belgian student whose death causes a national upheaval (° February 1989)
Celebrated saint: Holy Jules
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
- Erkembode de Thérouanne († 714), bishop.
- Basile de Riazan († 1295), bishop.
Beats-smg: Balondė 12 Be-X-old: 12 красавіка Fiu-vro: 12. mahlakuu päiv Nds-nl: 12 april Simple: April 12 Zh-yue: 4 月 12 號
|Random links:||Equation of Schrödinger | Mancha blanca /negra norteÃ±a | Seventh (music) | Danilo Di Luca | Timezrit | List Swadesh of the Zulu|