The aoûtat or trombidium , still named vendangeron , is a nymph of Trombicula autumnalis .
The larva bright red has only 3 pairs of legs and measurement 0,2 mm. This one lives on the surface of the ground and contaminates the man and the small warm-blooded animals when they pass in grass. It then nourishes skin and of Lymphe during 1 to 7 days before becoming adult.
The punctures appear in the folds of the skin (interior of the elbows and knees, under the arms…) and at the place of the rubber bands (ankles, underclothing, girdles) and can itch severely during several days.
It causes the trombidiose (important itchings being accompanied by a redness and sometimes by fever).
Certain Asian larvae of thrombiculas transmit the river Fièvre of Japan.
The adult is small a red Acarien of color which measures approximately 3 mm and has a covered body of dense and short hairs. The females lay several hundreds of eggs and they die before the autumn.
In Provence it can be indicated by error under the name of wall-cress, the wall-cress being dipterous (midge) from 2 to 4 mm whose puncture is dreaded.
- . Babiangia (lguanicarus) danieli (Dusbábek & Cerny, 1970) (endemic)
- . Beamerella acutascuta (Brennan , 1958)
- . Blankaartia sinnamaryii (Le Floch & Fauran, 1956)
- . Cubanothrombium cubanum (Feider, 1983)
- . Dolichotrombicula pectinata Feider, 1977 (endemic? )
- . Eutrombicula alfreddugesi (Oudemans, 1902)
- . Eutrombicula lipovskyana (Wolfenbarger, 1953)
- . Eutrombicula cubensis (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2004) (endemic)
- . Eutrombicula anguliscuta (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2004) (endemic)
- . Eutrombicula leiocephali (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2004) (endemic)
- . Heterotectum orghidani (Feider, 1983)
- . Hyponeocula monocoxalae (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2003) (endemic)
- . Parasecia manueli (Brennan & Jones, 1960)
- . Perates nudosetosus (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2003) (endemic)
- . Perates monops (Brennan & Jones, 1960)
- . Tectumpilosum negreai (Feider, 1983) (endemic)
- . Microtrombicula cernyi (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2003) (endemic)
- . Microtrombicula septemsetosa (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2003) (endemic)
- . Microtrombicula bonetti (Hoffmann, 1952)
- . Myotrombicula dusbabeki (Daniel & Stekolnikov, 2003) (endemic)
- . Antrohoekia inexpectata (Cruz & Daniel, 1994)
- . Whartonia (Ischnothrombium) diploctenum (Feider, 1983)
- . Pentagonotectum decui (Feider, 198) 3
- . Wagenaaria imitations (Breennam, 1967)
- . Whartonia delacruzi (Daniel& Stekolnikov, 2002) (endemic)
|Random links:||Communes of the VAr | Dachshund | Luisetaines | Cirey-lès-Mareilles | Stefano Fiore | Red Road (cartoon) | Unterseeboot_556|