BiographyAnton Pavlovitch Tchekhov was born the January 29th 1860 (Gregorian Calendrier), with Taganrog, at the edge of the Mer of Azov, in Russia. His/her parents are small shopkeepers. His/her father is a violent man. Anton Tchekhov studies medicine at the university of Moscow and starts to exert starting from 1884. At side, it carries out cartoons for several newspapers and earns its living well. It maintains all its family quickly.
In 1890, it travels in Siberia. He undertakes a one year stay to the bagne of Sakhaline in order to count the entirety of the convicts, so that they do not lose their identity. It will be matter to write the island of Sakhaline (1893). It goes on thereafter many journeys in Europe.
He also writes many plays, whose majority are put in scene by his/her friend Stanislavski.
After having travelled through all Europe in the vain hope to cure, Anton Tchekhov dies the July 2nd 1904 with Badenweiler in Germany, of Tuberculose. The July 9th, its body is buried in Moscow, the Cimetière of Novodevitchi.
WorksConformism, cowardice, anti-semitism, social alcoholism, the table of the provincial middle-class reaches tops of cruelty and drolery. Elsa Triolet translated part of the work of Tchekov into French, in particular Platonov. ; Theater With regular intervals, characters test the irrepressible need to repeat: “I am bored. ”
- Platonov (v. 1878), whose text was discovered in 1921, first French adaptation under the title This insane of Platonov , first integral translation in French by André Markowicz and Francoise Morvan, edition inopportune Recluses.
- Misdeeds of the tobacco (1886; 1902)
- Ivanov (1887), part in four acts, a new Hamlet melancholic person
- the Bear (part) (1888), comedy in an act.
- a Proposal (v. 1888-1889), part in an act
- the Man of wood or the Savage or Genius of the forests or the Sylvain (1889), comedy in four acts
- the Gull (1896)
- Uncle Vania (1899-1900) inspired of the Man of wood
- the Three Sisters (1901)
- the Cherry orchard (1904)
- On the way (1887)
- a voyage in Sakhaline (1895), including/understanding: the island of Sakhaline , Through Siberia , Correspondence
- Drama of hunting (1884-1885)
- the Steppe (1888), price Pouchkine
- Anton Tchekov on Literatures & Companies.
- Anton Tchekov on the Encyclopedia of the Agora.
- complete Works available on line.
Zh-min-nan: Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
|Random links:||Charles Holmes | Charézier | Jan Johnston | Auriel-Constant Antoine | Quai de Grenelle | 1340|