She chose for currency: “ passion makes the force ”. Very energetic and always of good mood, she praises the merits of the smile, even if it sometimes happens to him to incarnate more serious roles with the cinema or for fictions for television.
She recorded more than 600 songs, played in ten musical comedies, about thirty films and telefilms, gave more than 6000 official receptions…
The King of the Belgians Albert II conferred the title of to him Baronne in 2005.
At 8 years, his/her mother registers it with a course of dance. She learns the piano and the musical theory, while continuing her studies, then takes part in receptioies for charity. Between the danced numbers, she sings successes of the moment. Very quickly, is very connected: radio-hooks, contest… At once noticed by the artistic director of the Lido which succeeds in convincing it to leave its birthplace, Annie Cordy unloads in Paris, on May 1st, 1950, engaged like driving of review.
BeginningsIn 1951, it meets that which will become her husband (and manager): François-Bruno. It carries out various reviews, with the Lido but also with the Moulin-Rouge and the ABC. It also accompanies the caravan by the Tour de France.
In 1952, it starts to show the other facets of its talent: it signs a contract with Pathé Marconi, obtains with Deauville the price " Maurice Knight " , and is committed for the Flowered Road with Georges Guétary and Bourvil. While continuing the operetta, Annie Cordy records her first successes ( Fleur of butterfly, Leon …) who impose it definitively. She also appears with the big screen in If Versailles to me were told Sacha Guitry (1953), Poisson of April with Bourvil (1954) and Hello to smile with Henri Salvador (1955). The same year, it passes by high-speed motorboat to the Olympia and Bobino, and receives the " Grand Prix of the Academy Charles-Cross-country race " for the song Oh Bessie! . April 18th 1956, it sings for the marriage of Grace Kelly and the prince Rainier III of Monaco.
After success with the cinema of the Chanteur of Mexico City with Shine Mariano and Bourvil, it is America which accommodates it: Plazza with New York, the Copacabana with Rio de Janeiro, then Cuba, Mexico City, Puerto Rico… One proposes to him a contract for a large musical comedy in the USA, but its manager of husband does not like America… By love, Annie follows it, giving up a promising career with the international one.
Triumph on all fronts
The sceneIn 1957 it begins a new operetta, Tête of Linnet , before finding Luis Mariano with Visa for the Love (of 1961 up to 1964!!), and Bourvil with With Ouah! Ouah! (1965). With Darry Cowl as type-setter and partner, it creates Pic and Pioche in 1967 and, in company of Pierre Doris, Indien is better than two you will have it .
In 1964, it finds the scene of Bobino for a Parisian re-entry. In February 1965, on the councils of Maurice Knight, it presents to Parisian true " Show" , where each song gives place to a setting in scene, ballets and costumes: Annie Cordy in two acts and 32 tables . One year later, it connects on an international round which carries out it from Berlin in Madrid, while passing by Moscow (where it will turn over for 19 concerts the following year).
In 1972, it creates the French version of Hello Dolly (which will be worth Award of best the show-woman to him European), triumph with Nini the Chance (1976) and Envoyez music! (1982)… but also with the theater, by interpreting Mrs Without Embarrassment and Madam de Sévigné . In 1994, its interpretation of the Célestine devotes its dramatic talent definitively.
Despite everything that, it continues to record enormous tubes: Hello Dolly , Ca will go better tomorrow , Frida Oum Papa , the Good one of the Priest (1.800.000 sold discs), Tata Yoyo (1.000.000), Cho Ka Ka O … and to connect the official receptions with a frantic rate (it made some more than 6000 and recorded more than 600 songs).
The cinemaIn 1969, under the direction of Rene Clement, Annie Cordy turns the Passenger of the Rain . A revelation: The " rigolote" can move! … What it will confirm in the Cat at the sides of Jean Gabin and Simone Signoret, but also in High Rue (1976/Award of the best actress) and a summer after the other (1989). In 2007, it interprête the role of large the mother - managing woman in the last of insane, Laurent ACHARD.
TelevisionIn 1981, it becomes the first recurring heroin in televised series by interpreting Mrs S.O.S , and holds the main role in several other telefilms during the decade. In the years 1990, it turns to the sides of her friend Charles Aznavour in Baldipata, Without Cérémonie, Paldi and Tini and Passage of the Vat .
In 1989, Annie loses her husband. Beginning of the year 1990 is announced difficult… Annie will find the smile by work and the scene.
In 1998, Annie celebrates her 50 years of success on the scene of Olympia, and publishes for the first time her memories, under the title Nini the Chance .
After a return to the theater, it sets out again in 2003 on the roads (during more than three years!) with its spectacle That Happiness! , which is a new triumph.
At the end of 2006, it will start a new play, Lily and Lily , for which a new round is already planned.
In 2007, it turns to the side of the humorist and actor Frank Dubosc the film " Disco" who will leave at the beginning of 2008.
Operated at the knee in June and September 2007, Annie will have to rest a few weeks before setting out again of the good foot.
She sang with the concert of association Make-A-Wish in November 2007, and received a " there; standing ovation".
the essential ones of Annie Cordy vol1 (Version original)
- Best off Annie Cordy: 50 years of success
- Touched the best Yoyo
- of Annie Cordy
- Annie Cordy
- Annie Cordy 1957/1960/vol.1
- Annie Cordy 1963/1965/vol.2
- the essential ones of Annie Cordy vol2
- the flowered road
- the three gangsters of Napoli
- Than of happiness
- Annie Cordy Chante Broadway
- the best of Annie Cordy
- Cigarettes, whiskey and p' tites pépées
- adventures of Bernard and Bianca (Walt Disney)
- Annie Cordy Live
- Danse Annie!
- the good one of the priest
- Hello Dolly
- Grips to me I allucine
- In Olympia
- the Years Songs/vol.1
- the Years Songs/vol.2
- Oh what the evening!
- the tree with songs
- Annie Cordy has fun the festival!
- One hour with Annie Cordy
- Cheer with Annie Cordy
Its most famous songs reveal its whimsical character well: she recorded more than 500 songs to date and obtained twelve Disques of gold.
- Six Pinks
- the Good one of the Priest
- Tata Yoyo
- Cho Ka Ka O
- Frida Oum Papa
- Hello Dolly
- the Kazou
- Petite Fleur
- If I were the Sun (generic of Mrs S.O.S )
- Hello! The Sun Is shining (original soundtrack of the '' Pont of the river Kwaï '')
- Ca will go better tomorrow
- Nini the Chance
- pépées Cigarettes, Whiskey and p' tites
- Café, Tabac (with Bourvil)
- Doctor Miracle
- You ace considering Monte Carlo
- the Three Gangsters of Napoli
- the Ballade of Davy Crockett'
- IEA, Why one likes (with Luis Mariano)
- Fleur de Papillon
- Tantina of Burgos
- Fruit salad
Catalog of films
- 1953: If Versailles to me were told… Sacha Guitry
- 1954: Poisson of April of Gilles Grangier with Bourvil
- 1954: These ladies interfere with it Raoul André
- 1955: Hello to smile of Claude Sautet with Henri Salvador
- 1956: the Singer of Mexico City of Richard Pottier
- 1957: Tavarin of Richard Pottier
- 1957: Victor and Victoria of Karl Anton
- 1958: Cigarettes, whiskey and p' tites pépées of Maurice Regamey
- 1959: insane Head of Robert Vernay
- 1965: the gold of the Duke of Jacques Baratier
- 1967: These Sirs of the family of Raoul Andre
- 1969: These Sirs of the trigger of Raoul Andre
- 1969: the nice middle-class man guy of Raoul Andre
- 1969: the Passenger of the rain of Rene Clement with Marlène Jobert and Charles Bronson
- 1970: the Rupture of Claude Chabrol
- 1971: the Cat of Pierre Granier-Removes iron, also scenario writer, with Jean Gabin and Simone Signoret
- 1971: Rollers of Étretat of Sergio Gobbi
- 1972: It runs, it runs the suburbs of Gerard Pirès
- 1972: Mataf of Serge Leroy
- 1973: Police chief of Night of Tea Leoni
- 1973: the Last Faggot in Paris of Raoul Andre
- 1973: Gaspards of Pierre Tchernia
- 1974: Isabelle in front of the Desire of Jean-Pierre Berckmans
- 1974: Doors of Fire of Claude Bernard-Aubert
- 1975: To remember off Gibraltar Henri Xhonneux
- 1976: High Street of Andre Ernotte
- 1977: Funny of zebras of Guy Lux
- 1982: the Poacher of God of Jean-Pierre Darras
- 1990: a summer after the other of Anne-Marie Etienne
- 1994: the Revenge on a blonde of Jeannot Szwarc
- 2003: Mrs Edouard of Nadine Monfils with Michel Blanc, Josiane Balasko, Didier Bumblebee, Dominique Lavanant…
- 2006: the Last of insane the of Laurent Achard
- 2006: It is beautiful a city the night of Richard Borhinger
1978 Miserly the
- 1979 engagement of fire
- 1980 Adelaide
- 1982 Mrs S.O.S of Marcel Mithois (televised series in 6 52 minutes episodes)
- 1986 Thank you Apolline
- 1988 Happiness for opposite Teff Erhat (series RTBF)
- 1989 Storms summer Jean-Pierre Jaubert (series TF1)
- 1989 Dead end the label Anne-Marie Etienne (series RTBF)
- 1990 Storms of summer, opinion of storm of Michele Letellier (series TF1)
- 1992 Farm chicken with Francis Perrin
- 1992 Granny Fondlings
- 1992 a family not like the others with Jean Lefebvre
- 1993 the Girl of the King
- 1995 the Refuge: Between dog and wolf
- 1995 Fanny is made to a blood of ink
- 1996 a mother like one does not make of it more of Jacques Renard
- 1996 the Devil in shoes of Nicole Berckmans
- 1997 Baldipata with Charles Aznavour
- 1997 Without ceremony of Michel Lang with Franck Dubosc and Charles Aznavour
- 2000 the Tortoise of Dominique Baron
- 2000 the Rebels of Moissac
- 2000 Baldi and Tini with Charles Aznavour
- 2001 Passage of the vat of Olivier Langlois with Charles Aznavour
- 2002 Rebels of Moissac of Jean-Jacques Kahn
- 2003 Fabien Cosma: Never too late with Gerard Hernandez
- 2004 the Tutor with Roland Magdane
- 2006 Me, Belgium of RTBF (historical emission in 7 episodes)
- 1957 Tête of linnet with Jean Richard
- 1961 Visa for the love with Shine Mariano
- 1965 Ouah Ouah with Bourvil
- 1967 Pic and Pioche with Darry Cowl
- 1967 Indien is better than two you will have it with Pierre Doris
- 1972 Hello Dolly with Jacques Mareuil
- 1976 Nini the chance with Evelyne Drach
- 1985 Send the music with Gerard Chambre, Christian Morin
1984 Mrs Without Embarrassment
- 1986 Madam de Sévigné
- 1986 Mine was called Régine
- 1989 Miss Plume with Charlotte Kady
- 1990 Sacrée Gladys with Jacques Balutin
- 1994 Six hours at the latest
- 1994 Célestine
- 2000 the Merry Gossips of Windsor with Patrick Préjean
- 2006 Lily and Lily
|Random links:||The Community of communes of the Earth of Peyre | Matthias Hoepfner | Scorpii delta | Hile | Madeleine Guitty | L'Océan_Indien|