Anne… the house with the green pinions
This novel, which belongs to the Cycle of Anne, is at the base of a whole of extremely popular audio-visual works in the anglophone world. This novel is always a best-seller to the Japan, because obligatory in a course which relates to the foreign literature.
SummaryAnne is orphan adopted by a brother and a sister who rather wished a boy to help them with the farm. Thanks to her love of life and her wild imagination, Anne will arrive to not only gaining the heart of her adoptive parents in spite of them, but also that of the small community located on the Island-of-Prince-Edouard at the Canada.
Audio-visual works based on its novelsThis novel gave rise to a crowd of audio-visual works. Almost 100 years after its publication, there is always a certain enthusiasm which surrounds the character of Anne.
- 1934: Anne off green gables (film)
- 1985: Anne… the house with the green pinions ( Anne off Green Gables )
- 1987: Anne… the house with the green pinions: The Continuation ( Anne off Green Gables: The Sequel )
- 2000: Anne… the house with the green pinions: Years of storm ( Anne off Green Gables: The Continuing Story )
- 1979: Akage No Year (Japanese; doubled in French under the title Anne… the House with the green pinions )
- Anne off Green Gables: The Animated Series (2000-2001)
- Anne off Green Gables - The Musical (1965)
Teleseries derived from the Cycle of Anne
- Road to Avonlea (1990-1996; 91 episodes spread out over 7 years)
AnecdoteThe house of Lucy Maud Montgomery, located on the Island-of-Prince-Edouard, is a privileged destination by the tourists, of which many Japanese. According to certain statistics, the island would receive approximately 50 000 visitors of this country per year. The original house with the green pinions is included in the National park of the Island-of-Prince-Edouard.
|Random links:||Jerome de Stridon | Bristol-board (New Brunswick) | Fountain-Heudebourg | Jordi Burillo | Glufosinate | Matrice_à_faible_densité|