Angelina (Santa Catarina)
See also: Angelina
GeographyIt is located at a Latitude 27º 34 ' 08" south and with a Longitude of 48º 59 ' 06" west, with a Altitude of 450 meters.
Its population was of: 5322 inhabitants with the census of 2007. The municipality extends on 500 km ².
The climate is there of moderate type hot, with average temperatures oscillating between 16°C and 27°C according to the months.
Its IDH was of 0,766 in 2000 (UNDP).
HistoryThe history of Angelina begins in 1845, with the arrival of the Garcia family, which is established on these grounds, and will give later her name to a district of the municipality. Originally, the colony was called Colônia Nacional and was reserved to the natives of the area and descendants of from the Azores immigrants .
In 1858 arrived the first German immigrants , coming from the colonies close Sacramento and to São Pedro de Alcântara, which baptized the places Villa Mundéus (according to a rudimentary trap of hunting of the time). Separately German, the city accommodated also immigrants coming from the Luxembourg, of France, Belgium, Italy and Poland, which arrived towards 1860.
In 1869, the locality counts already 900 inhabitants. In 1891, the city becomes district of São Jose, and takes the name of Angelina, in homage to the president of the Council of Ministers of the time, Angelo Muniz da Silva Ferraz. 70 years later, in 1961, it becomes municipality with whole share.
EconomyThe saving in Angelina is based on the Agriculture. The principal cultures are those of the Tabac, of the Oignon, the Haricot and the Maïs, as well as the production of Miel.
The Tourisme starts to develop, in particular religious tourism.
CultureAngelina forms integral part of the religious circuits which cross the State de Santa Catarina. It indeed shelters a Sanctuaire marial and a Grotte devoted to Notre-Dame of the Immaculate Conception.
Located at the center of the city, the cave was created in 1899 by the brother Zeno Wallbroehl, to hold a promise. It shelters an image come from Germany, ordered by the brother who died before his arrival in 1902. The driving way with the cave zigzags in the middle of the cascades and of the native forest. The city comprises several other caves devoted to the Virgin.
Every year, the city accommodates several events among which:
- the “festival of the Cheese and the Honey”, in April or in May
- the “festival of the Tangerine”, in May
- celebrations of the week of the municipality, of 1st at December 7th
- the “festival of the sanctuary”, on December 8th
Close citiesAngelina is close to the municipalities ( municípios ) following:
- Official site of the municipality
- Angelina on the official site of the State de Santa Catarina
- Given on Angelina on the site of the federation of the municipalities of Santa Catarina
- historical and administrative Card of Angelina in the base of data of the IBGE
- Statistical data and economic on Angelina - Cidades@IBGE
- Angelina on the site of the CIRAM - Information center on the environmental resources of Santa Catarina
|Random links:||Chronology of the Second world war | Beglerberg | Mitsuo Yanagimachi | Michel Bibaud | Freeport (the Bahamas) | Bugs_Bunny_obtient_le_Boid|