See also: Irvine
Its offensive genius, its talent do one of them counter-attacking out-par. But its genius is not rewarded, playing for a team of too weak Scotland to the international level. However, he is captain from the “XV of the thistle” at the time of the only victory of Scotland in Australia in 1982.
Its talent enables him however to take part in 3 rounds of the Lions: 1974 in South Africa, 1977 in New Zealand and 1980 in South Africa. it disputes 2,4 and 3 respectively test matches with the Lions.
Irvine disputes its last international match on July 10th 1982 against the Australia with Sydney. A few days earlier, it makes it possible Scotland to gain with the first success of its history against Australia.
In 2005, he becomes president of the Scottish federation of Rugby (S.R.U.).
- 51 selections with the Scotland between 1972 and 1982
- 10 tests in test match for a total of 273 points (61 penalties, and 25 transformations)
- 9 selections with the Lions (2 tests)
Notes & References
- Photo sporting-heroes.net
- Scottish Rugby Hall off Famed: Andy Irvine
|Random links:||Number of Wall-Sun-Sun | Drawn up Berle | Ken Akamatsu | Battle of Héméroskopeion | Sanche Ier de Navarre | Aphelinidae | Armée_grande_de_la_République|