HeraldicBlasonnement: of mouths with two keys of money passed in saltire.
the weapons of the city are those of the dukes of Clermont-Thunder, first owners of the castle (the armorial bearings can be besides observed on the walls of the castle).
HistoryAntoine III of Clermont-Thunder inherited the grounds of Ancy-the-Franc by his mother, Anne de Husson, countess of Thunder. He decided to make there build a castle, under the direction of the Italian architect Sebastiano Serlio, which was completed towards 1550.
In 1683 François Joseph of Clermont-Thunder, ruined, Tonnerre sold, with the castle, with François Michel Tellier de Louvois. The castle returned however to the Clermont-Thunder in 1844 (with Gaspard Louis Aimé of Clermont-Thunder), then belonged to various owners.
Places and monuments
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of Yonne
- House of Clermont-Thunder
- List of the counts de Tonnerre
- Ancy, commune of the Canton of Winnowing machine in the the Ancy-the-Free Rhone
- , commune of the Canton of Ancy-the-Franc in Yonne
- the Ancy-on-Moselle, commune of the Canton of the Ars-on-Moselle in the Moselle
- Castle of Ancy-the-Franc
- Ancy-the-Franc on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Ancy-the-Franc on the site of INSEE
- Ancy-the-Franc on the site of Quid
- Localization of Ancy-the-Franc on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Ancy-the-Franc on Mapquest
|Random links:||Shooting of Clichy | Callionymidae | Maričiće | Missionary (Witnesses of Jéhovah) | Images_de_Jim_Henson|