Ancenis ( Breton Ankiniz in , Anczeniz or Anceniz in Gallo) is a common French, located in the department of Loire-Atlantique and the area Pays of the Loire. It belongs to the historical Brittany. It forms part with Vitré, Fougères, Châteaubriant and Clisson of the “Steps of Brittany”.
Its inhabitants is called Anceniens and Anceniennes.
HistoryAncenis draws its name from Andenemessos : of Ande = quoted Gallic of the Andes or Andécaves and of nemessos = crowned forest. Ancenis was a place crowned for the Gallic people of the Andécaves.
the commune of Ancenis is located at the edge of the Loire.
Two blasonnements are brought back:
Of mouths, with three cinquefoils of hermine, two and one. ( illustrated France , 1882, of Malta-Brown)
Of azure, with five cinquefoils of hermine. ( illustrated France , 1882, of Malta-Brown)
Antenna of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Nantes and Saint-Nazaire.
Tourist monuments and places
- the castle 15-16-17th (partially ruined and closed down)
- Saint-Pierre Church, 15-16th with a sacristy arched of the 15th
- Vault of the Ursulines (17th)
- Vault Our-lady of the Delivery
- Presbytery (17th)
- old working
- Museum of Art and History
- medieval Dams on the Loire (10th)
- Bridge Anjou-Brittany (1953) on the Loire, border natural enters the departments of Loire-Atlantique and Maine-et-Loire: Suspended bridge of Ancenis;
- Statue of the poet Joachim of Bellay, vis-a-vis the Loire, in the garden of the Spur close to the Anjou-Brittany bridge;
- Dolmen known as of “Pierre couvretière”, IVe century before JC
- Peulvan called “Pierre with the Devil”;
- marshes of Grée (in the North-East of the city);
Personalities related to the commune
- Leon Dried, literary man (1848).
- Francis Robert, founder and giver of the Hospital of Ancenis.
- Rene-Yves Creston, artist plastics technician, ethnologist and resistant, born the October 25th 1898.
- Bernard Toublanc-Michel, realizer born the December 6th 1927.
- Edouard Landrain, politician, former deputy, former mayor of Ancenis, born on July 1st, 1930; deceased on June 24th, 2006
- Common of the Loire-Atlantique
- Official site of the town hall
- To live in Ancenis
- Geography of Brittany, gate of the cities and countries Breton - Ancenis/Ankiniz
- Ancenien Film club since 1979
Ancenis on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Ancenis on the site of INSEE
- Ancenis on the site of Quid
- Localization of Ancenis on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Ancenis on Mapquest
- ACPA - Aero club of the Country of Ancenis
Sources of the article
|Random links:||Evolution of the universe of Fantômas | Jean-Charles Simon | Cook Fusion | Fabien Lemoine | France the 3 Mediterranean | Joan_Collins|