anatomical Venus is a novel of uchronic Science-fiction of Xavier Mauméjean published in 2004.
Summary1752. Julien Offray of Mettrie, withdrawn with Saint-Malo, is convened in Paris by the king. He must go to Berlin, because the emperor Frederic II of Prussia invites several scientists to take part in a secret contest. These scientists are, in addition to Julien Offray of Mettrie, Jacques de Vaucanson and Honore Fragonard. They have as a test to create an artificial woman. Famous the Casanova also appears and puts part, as an expert of the women, but also the Chevalier of Eon and Pierre Louis Moreau de Maupertuis.
Around the novel
- the title inpire of physical Venus of Julien Offray of Mettrie (1746), which is also the author of the Machine man (1747).
- Honore Fragonard was already used as character in a novel of Patrick Roegiers, the Cousin of Fragonard .
- the creation of a man had already been treated by Mary Shelley in Frankenstein (1818), and the topic of the artificial woman by Villiers of Isle-Adam in future Eve (1886).
- the novel received the Prix Rosny elder in 2005.
- Critical of the novel on Forty-two
- Summarized on the site of Release
|Random links:||Battle of Megiddo | Winsock | Dark Hook | Jurisdiction the disciplinary of the members of personnel teaching and hospital | Jean-Michel Cane | Mana Endō | Bâti_Scott|