Anatole Braz was born with Saint-Were useful (Coast-with Armor). He is internal with the college of Saint-Brieuc (Coast-with Armor), establishment which bears its name today, whereas his/her father teacher exerts his function in various schools of Brittany. Child, it spends his holidays in the Trégor, which inspired its work much.
He prepares a license of letters with Paris and an aggregation of philosophy which he does not finish for health reasons. That does not prevent it from obtaining in 1886 a post of professor of letters to the college of Quimper, nomination which starts its literary vocation .
In Quimper with François-Marie Luzel, it collects Breton popular songs. It thus carries out investigations near the peasants and of the sailors of Brittany, collecting popular songs, tales and legends. Following its work, it publishes in particular the Legend of dead the , the Breton Saints according to the popular tradition and With the Country of forgiveness .
It becomes to then Lecturer then professor to the Faculty of Arts of Rennes between 1901 and 1924. Its work concerns the Brittany, the Romantisme and on the Celtic, prone theater of its thesis in 1904. He is also operations manager of teaching in Suisse and to the the United States.
the Song of Brittany , poetry, 1892
- Tryphina Keranglaz , poem, 1892
- the Legend of died in Low-Brittany , 1893.
- Breton Saints according to the popular tradition in Cornwall , 1893 - 1894.
- country of forgiveness '', chronicles, 1894.
- Easter of Iceland , news, 1897.
- Old stories of the Breton country , 1897
- the Guard of fire , novel, 1900.
- the Blood of the siren , news, 1901.
- the Legend of died at Breton Armorican the , réed. increased legend of died in Low-Brittany, 1902.
- Cognomerus and holy Trefine. Breton mystery in two days , text and translation, 1904
- Tales of the sun and the fog , news, 1905.
- Hearts of Occident , news, 1911.
- votive '', 1926.
- Introduction, Brittany. blue guides, Hatchet, Paris, 1949
- Brittany. Choices of text preceded by a study , ED. The recouvrance, Rennes, 1995 (rééd.), 255 p.
Magics of Brittany , 1994, Books, Editions Robert Laffont (2 volumes)
|Random links:||Liffol-le-Petit | Frederic III of Sicily | Océanite of Wilson | Adventures of Boro, press photographer | Direct drilling | Code_postal|