Anaïs Nin (February 21st 1903 with Neuilly-sur-Seine - January 14th 1977 with Los Angeles) is a French woman of letters , famous for the publication of its diaries started at the 11 years age and continued over one forty years period. Their not censured version could be published only after its death and that of her husband.
BiographyIt is born with Neuilly-sur-Seine, after the separation of her parents. His/her mother, Danish, share then for New York with his/her daughter and her two sons. Teenager, Anaïs Nin leaves the school and starts to work like mannequin. In 1923, it marries Hugh Parker Guiler. The following year, they settle with Paris where Guiler continues a banking career. Nin launches out in the writing, its first work is a book on D.H Lawrence. It also explores the field of the Psychothérapie, studying in particular with Otto Rank, a disciple of Freud, which was also his/her lover.
With the passing of years, Nin is the friend and the mistress of much of writers of foreground, of which Henry Miller, Edmund Wilson, Gore Vidal, James Agee, and Lawrence Durrell. Its friendship and its love impassioned for Miller (and her wife, June, with which however it does not maintain connection, contrary to what is described in film of Kaufman) strongly influence the woman and the author.
In 1973, it is named doctor honoris causa Philadelphia College off Art . She is elected member of the National Institute off Arts and Letters in 1974. She dies of a Cancer with Los Angeles the January 14th 1977. Its body is incinerated and its ashes dispersed in bay of Santa Monica.
NewspapersAnaïs Nin became famous thanks to its diaries and secrecies. It began them at age the eleven years and they were completed with its death. The latter transcribe with brilliance its meetings in love, artistic or analytical, such as Henry Miller, Antonin Artaud, Edmund Wilson, Fuseau Vidal, James Agee.
Erotic writingsAnaïs Nin is also appreciated for its erotic works. Before it, very few women had launched out in this field of the literature (cf Kate Chopin). Nin, confronted in the Years 1940 with financial big problems, writes the news of the Delta of Come for a dollar the page (also translated under the title of Venus Erotica ). Its writing, scandalously explicit for its time, stresses particular on the female Bisexualité.
Around Anaïs Nin
- In 1990, Philip Kaufman carries out an adapted film of Henry & June , drawn from The Journal off Coils - The unexpurgated Diary off Anaïs Nin 1931-1932 ( Journal in love - the diary not censured of Anaïs Nin 1931-1932 ). Maria de Medeiros holds the role of Nin, Fred Ward that of Henry Miller, and Uma Thurman that of June.
- In 2005, François Bernheim and Christian Bouclier write and compose the song “ Anaïs Nin ”, sung by the duet Romane Serda and Renaud.
- 1932 : D.H. Lawrence: a nonprofessional study
- 1936: the House of the inceste
- 1939: One winter of artifice
- 1944: the Cloche
- 1959: interior Cities , volume joining together five novels published previously:
- 1946 : Mirrors in the garden
- 1947: Children of the albatross
- 1950: Rooms of the heart
- 1954: a spy in the house of the love
- 1958: Seduction of the minotaure
- 1964: Joinings
- 1968: the Novel of the future
- 1977: Venus érotica
- 1979: the Small Birds
- 1966 - 1981: Newspaper (7 volumes)
- 1978 - 1982: Newspaper of childhood (4 volumes)
- 1986: Henry and June ( secret Books )
- 2003: Newspaper of the love , new newspaper and not expurgé of the years 1932-1939, joining together volume:
|Random links:||Écutigny | Plélauff | Classify King George V | Saint-Denis-of-walls | Group working | Bataille_de_Xiaoting|